This over-reliance on youth will come to bite us in the CB series

I thought we went down this route during Greg Chappell and it did not work.........20/20 is far different from 50 overs ODI and our stupid selectors do not get that?? Let's face it, even with our young blood we can never match the fielding of the Aussies.....they are in a different class. However you need to bat well to put up a decent total.......are our young guns ready for that challenge against the best ODI team in history in their backyard??? Ummm I do not think so.....Sorry Vengisaurus and Company, you got it wrong again!!

i disagree.... it might bite us now, but best opportunity to give these youngsters a chance to play in australia cos they need to be ready in a year or 2.... these are just masala matches and i dont care if we lose 6-0. if we manage to graduate atleast one of them to the next level....

i disagree.... it might bite us now' date=' but best opportunity to give these youngsters a chance to play in australia cos they need to be ready in a year or 2.... these are just masala matches and i dont care if we lose 6-0. if we manage to graduate atleast one of them to the next level....[/quote'] Don't worry we will probably lose the 4th test because of this stupid decision. How demoralized will Gangs, RD, and Laxman be?
I thought we went down this route during Greg Chappell and it did not work.........20/20 is far different from 50 overs ODI and our stupid selectors do not get that?? Let's face it, even with our young blood we can never match the fielding of the Aussies.....they are in a different class. However you need to bat well to put up a decent total.......are our young guns ready for that challenge against the best ODI team in history in their backyard??? Ummm I do not think so.....Sorry Vengisaurus and Company, you got it wrong again!!
We sucked royally in ODI series even with our oldies last time inspite of performing extremely well in Test series and all the top order bastman were in good form in Test. We need to groom the youngsters as the oldies won't be here for long. Its a right step

I think it's a good move, perhaps not handled correctly if Ganguly and Dravid were not informed on a personal basis. But really, who cares about these matches. Yeah, they'll be watched and some of them might even be close and exciting ODIs but no better place to throw the youngsters in than Australia. Perfect way to separate the wheat and the chaff. It's not as if with Ganguly and Dravid in the side we had a great chance of winning the trophy. I would also like to see Tendulkar sit out for at least half these matches. There is the important test series against South Africa coming up and I would like us to win that really emphatically.

yea definitely a repitition of the failed chappell era, cant wait for these so called rainas to lead india to a proper thrashing in this series :giggle:
The last time we were there' date=' the entire team was completely jaded by the time of the grueling ODI series. Same would have been the case this time. We might in fact end up doing better with some fresh legs out there.[/quote'] In ODIs, we didn't even compete with Aus last time. With youngsters, we can't do much worse than last time

you need to have a good balance of youth and experience in a team youngster playing international cricket for the 1st time could get carried away, someone needs to be there to guide them if you bring in all new players, there is a lot of pressure on them to perform, just will make them more nervous

you need to have a good balance of youth and experience in a team youngster playing international cricket for the 1st time could get carried away, someone needs to be there to guide them if you bring in all new players, there is a lot of pressure on them to perform, just will make them more nervous
yea and we saw that in the south africa ODIs in '06
I think it's a good move' date=' perhaps not handled correctly if Ganguly and Dravid were not informed on a personal basis. But really, who cares about these matches. Yeah, they'll be watched and some of them might even be close and exciting ODIs but no better place to throw the youngsters in than Australia. Perfect way to separate the wheat and the chaff. It's not as if with Ganguly and Dravid in the side we had a great chance of winning the trophy. I would also like to see Tendulkar sit out for at least half these matches. There is the important test series against South Africa coming up and I would like us to win that really emphatically.[/quote'] Bingo. India as a whole need to start devaluing limited over cricket a little. I'd love to see this youth policy continue in earnest up until the big 5 bow out.

No problems with the motive behind going with youth, infact its the right idea. But it has been executed very very poorly: 1) The timing of the selections stink. There is still a test to be played and the last thing we need is an upset Dravid & Ganguly 2) Ganguly, Dravid's exit could have been handled better 3) Picking KKD was unjustifiable, regardless of the reserve wickie excuse. Dont we have a better youngster ? We must rotate the bowlers. None of the pacers must play more than 2 games on the trot. We dont want an injury to Sree/RP/Ishant/Pathan before the SA series. Given the amt of bowling they'd have done by Adelaide test, I'd give RPS & Pathan ample break.

There is hardly any time between end of 4th test and first ODI (5 or 6 days)...to announce a squad and then prepare their journeys etc. I think BCCI could not have helped the announcement of the squad. I thought that reserve wkt keeper for ODIs could have been pup patel. He had should good form in domestic crcket.

India isn't one of the better ODI teams and anything to make it better is welcome. I can't see how the likes of VSS, Ganguly or Rahul can really say they are in the best of form for the ODIs. I think it is fair Rahul Dravid was dropped considering his dismal show against the Aussies in India. I still don't reckon he's in the best of form right now and the break will only do him good. VVS was never in the reckoning anyways. Ganguly could have been given a chance but I guess youth is the flavour for ODIs and experience for test cricket. I think that is a right idea otherwise you would not have had the likes of Uthappa playing a crucial role in ODIs.

For those who think ganguly's exclusion is BS, please go check all the Aus grounds circumferences and then talk. We have to be on our toes (esp. in Aus) if we are to play some competitive cricket. SL and Aus are both better fielding side than us. We have to match them. As far as batting, don't worry about that. We are going to be fine.