Thread for collating umpiring goof-ups in Adelaide

fineleg

I really dont appreciate threads like these, which openly call for documenting things like goof-ups, bad shots, etc. That sounds like a very negative way to approach things, IMO, like almost you expect the umpires to make lots of mistakes. How can one enjoy the game with such a mindset ?

I really dont appreciate threads like these, which openly call for documenting things like goof-ups, bad shots, etc. That sounds like a very negative way to approach things, IMO, like almost you expect the umpires to make lots of mistakes. How can one enjoy the game with such a mindset ?
That's called debugging or post-mortem. It comes in handy when the team loses. Fans can cry around and blame somebody. On the Sydney 2nd innings, I stopped watching after Ganguly got out, frustrated by the umpiring.
these threads are necessary so when fans complain about biased umpiring in the sub continent, we can cite these examples and show how aussies usually get the rub of the green
Then why even have a forum- just watch the game without discussion??
Day-3' date=' Pathan nails Hayden PLUMB lbw when Hayden around 68[/color'] Bow-Cow-den shakes his head and says NO! Pathetic deczn by Bowden :angry_smile:
What the hell are you talking about. That was an excellent decision. Ball hit Hayden outside off stump and he was attempting a stroke. Please, such whining and the one about Ganguly take the argument out of genuine umpiring blunders.
What the hell are you talking about. That was an excellent decision. Ball hit Hayden outside off stump and he was attempting a stroke. Please' date=' such whining and the one about Ganguly take the argument out of genuine umpiring blunders.[/quote'] Disagree. Watch again! Hayden's knee bent a bit, and the ball was crashing the stump between off and middle stump. See if you get the replay with Hawkeye, or maybe someone can post the Hawkeye replay here.
This is interesting, we want to catch the culprits but when it comes to evidence; you prefer not to talk about it? I am really confused Mindset? what mindset, what are you talking about. You play fair and square man and this day and age when we can record goof-ups, what more can you ask? The Camera eye is true form of justice, be it this sport or a shoot out ------------------------- The attachment is your own post in the Goof-up video thread, infact the 1st post? you urged others to reply and now you hate it? Kya hero..change of mind or mood?
This is interesting, we want to catch the culprits but when it comes to evidence; you prefer not to talk about it? I am really confused Mindset? what mindset, what are you talking about. You play fair and square man and this day and age when we can record goof-ups, what more can you ask? The Camera eye is true form of justice, be it this sport or a shoot out ------------------------- The attachment is your own post in the Goof-up video thread, infact the 1st post? you urged others to reply and now you hate it? Kya hero..change of mind or mood?
Wow! Excellent find Rajeev. So, MM that attachment is 100% ulta to what is written here!? :bowwow: And, yes when we know that there are enough umpiring goof ups, then whats wrong in tracking it? Infact you have written that urself, in the link Rajeev has posted!

I guess mariris is trying to say ...Dont let the umpiring goof ups blind your appreciation of cricket or objectivty. I agree these issues needs to be discussed and debated for the good of Cricket Actually marirs makes a very important point in that thread Rajeev Highlighted

especially when there is hardly any consistency.
Well Rajeev, it would have nicer had you understood the context of my post in that umpiring thread. As much as it seems that I have posted contradictory things in both those two threads, prod a little deeper and you will understand where i am coming from. With regards to that the original umpiring goof-ups thread, I remember that it was around the time I had this MASSIVE discussion with Bossbhai and others, who were in favor of more technology in umpiring saying that it affects results of matches. I was trying to tell them that, mostly, it works both ways, which is precisely why even then, I had personally called for thread that makes a note of all umpiring errors, but with the view that, in the end, we will all be able to understand that, umpiring errors, on most occasions, affects both teams equally. But threads like the one which Finey started, have a different purpose. They are there just to find fault, criticize and shift blame on umpires whenever an error occurs. Proof of that, is posts like these,
yes SG out shud be chalked to umpiring goofa
Day-3' date=' Pathan nails Hayden PLUMB lbw when Hayden around 68[/color'] Bow-Cow-den shakes his head and says NO! Pathetic deczn by Bowden :angry_smile:
Enjoy the "human element" that ruins the game for everyone Watch how Hayden unleashes on top of the Bowden goofa.
This is precisely the victim mentality that I dont like us to have, blaming everything that goes wrong on some external factors, rather than searching within us for reaons that led to defeats. While my call for recording goof-ups by umpires is more an effort to clear the cloud as how, in general, both teams are equally affected by umpiring errors, finey's thread had a very negative connotation to it, which was to just blame the umpires for all our misery. I think you see the difference now, and the relevance of my post in this thread, calling for members not to be negative.
Wow! Excellent find Rajeev. So, MM that attachment is 100% ulta to what is written here!? :bowwow: And, yes when we know that there are enough umpiring goof ups, then whats wrong in tracking it? Infact you have written that urself, in the link Rajeev has posted!
Not its not. I think i have clarified, in detail, why it is not so.
srt and viru given out on a no ball is fine' date=' but complaint abt it is victim mentality?[/quote'] First of all , did you even the no-ball ? And let me say that that unless we get a proper side-on view, there is no way we can adjudicate on front-foot no balls. The camera angles based on which people are going gaga that SRT was out of a no-ball, are definitely VERY VERY inconclusive. If we start complaining on thing that we cant even prove, then nobody will respect even our worthwhile achievements.