Openers for India in 2nd Inn - lets ring in a change!

fineleg

Openers for India in 2nd Inn - lets ring in a change!  

1. 1.

Question for you guys: When was the last time India changed openers between innings and what is the lesson learnt
I think Capetown. But, the problem there was that the opener succeeded in the 1st innings and the 4-down player (VS) had succeeded as well. So it was really a stupid move. Here, if MSD doesn't succeed (he already has had a dropped chance) and given that IP also hasn't succeeded (as also that MJ likes bowling to left-handers) it wouldn't be a bad move. Obviously SG, SRT and VVS shouldn't open. No way. That's a sureshot recipe for disaster.

this poll itself is stupid... there is no need to change the opening combination. india's second innings wud begin either on the 3rd day evening after tea or on 4th day before lunch and we'll be going after the bowling to put up a big 4th innings target, which requires a big push frm the begining... aussie bowlers will be looking to restrict than taking wickets.. so i think pathan along with sehwag can give us that quick start... even if he fails.. the mddle order can still do the job...

Becos Pathan is quite good at #7 and he is capable of scoring 50+ there. So, we need not waste him at the top. VVS Laxman or Dravid can do the job. Lax is in decent touch, no?
:hatsoff:I agree with u ...we should open with dravid..and play vvs at 3...pathan's contribution at no 7 is pretty vital...opening with pathan is going back to chappel ways and putting extra pressure on pathan and ruining his bowling:nervous: