ICC set to take action against Gavaskar: Reports; and now Cricket Australia snubs Sunny Gavaskar?

talksport

100 bucks' date=' this aussie-fan dude has a green azz, who acts like he has a yellow one....[/quote'] ha ha.. i second that notion.. he thinks he's too smart... ask him a direct qn.. he'll hide himself behind da curtains.. a man of one-liner who cud never explain his stand with objective evidence... by the way.. who cares for evidence.. he's an aussie anyways

Mike Proctor's letter The actual content of Mike Proctor's Statement Statement by ICC Match Referee Mike Procter, following Code of Conduct hearing, 6 January 2008. This matter started at around 2000. I have heard evidence and submissions until 2400 (midnight). It is now 0140. Present at the hearing were: Chetan Chauhan, India team manager, Dr.M.V.Sridhar, India assistant manager, Anil Kumble, India captain; Harbhajan Singh, India player, Sachin Tendulkar, India player, umpires Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson, who laid the charges; Australia players Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds and Mathew Hayden; Steve Bernard, Australia team manager, Nigel Peters QC, member of London Bar, member of MCC committee, who assisted in legal and procedural matters. I am solely charged of the decision in relation to this level 3 charge. I have heard considered evidence from RP, AS, MC, MH, AG, both umpires, HS, ST, AK; I have received submission from CC, MVS, both umpires, SB and further final submissions from CC, MVS. The first issue for me is did Harbhajan Singh say the word “monkey” or “big monkey”? I have heard evidence from Andrew Symonds, Michael Clarke and Mathew Hayden that he did say these words. Harbhajan Singh denies saying these words. Both umpires did not hear nor did Ricky Ponting or Sachin Tendulkar. I am satisfied and sure beyond reasonable doubt that Harbhajan Singh did say these words. It was submitted to me by Chetan Chauhan that there was doubt because the umpires and other players did not hear the words but, in my judgment, they would not have been in a position to hear them. I note that Sachin Tendulkar only became involved when he realized that something was happening and was gestured over. He tried to calm things down because something had happened that he did not hear. Ricky Ponting’s involvement was to report the matter, firstly to the umpires and then to his team manager when he left the field, in accordance with the ICC regulations. I am satisfied that the words were said and that the complaint to the umpires, which forms this charge, would not have been put forward falsely, I dismiss any suggestion of motive or malice. The second thing I now have to consider is were the words uttered by Harbhajan Singh so as to offend, insult, humiliate etc. Andrew Symonds on the basis of his race, colour, descent or ethnic origin (as per the Level 3.3 offence)? I am sure beyond reasonable doubt that the use of the word “monkey” or “big monkey” was said to insult or offend Andrew Symonds on the basis of his race, colour or ethnic origin. Whatever may have been said between them prior to Harbhajan Singh calling Andrew Symonds a monkey is irrelevant. There is a history between these two players. It is not relevant to my findings here to decide what happened in Mumbai. Nevertheless, there was trouble in Mumbai when members of the crowd were arrested for using the word “monkey” and gesturing towards Andrew Symonds. This caused both Indian and Australian boards to issue a joint-statement. To this extent Mumbai is relevant to this hearing. Once I had read the verdict to the players, I heard submissions from Chetan Chauhan and Dr.M.V.Sridhar. I gave them some thought five to ten minutes and then I imposed a penalty of a three Test-match ban. --------------------------------------- Decide for yourself if it is fair or not.

Guest dada_rocks

So he doesn;t care about what happened before and he cares about what happend in mumbai so much so that he dedicates one full paragraph to it.. Procter should be charged for racism this letter is good enough evidence to book him

Guest dada_rocks

This same moron in Gayle vs Clake case was interested in what transpied after racial attack .. Then all that was relevant was what gayle did in reaction .. Where the heck is consistency

What atrocious nonsense !

Harbhajan Singh denies saying these words. Both umpires did not hear nor did Ricky Ponting or Sachin Tendulkar. I am satisfied and sure beyond reasonable doubt that Harbhajan Singh did say these words.
This just confirms the long-held doubt that the main reason why the Indian team was so riled up was because Procter gave his judgment, giving the Aussie players words more credence than Indian players' testimonials. This is the first error in the legal process. And How on earth could Procter could be "satisfied beyond reasonable doubt" that Bhajji said those words, when there isnt any recorded video/audio evidence or when the on-field umpires havent themselves heard anything.
The second thing I now have to consider is were the words uttered by Harbhajan Singh so as to offend, insult, humiliate etc. Andrew Symonds on the basis of his race, colour, descent or ethnic origin (as per the Level 3.3 offence)? I am sure beyond reasonable doubt that the use of the word “monkey” or “big monkey” was said to insult or offend Andrew Symonds on the basis of his race, colour or ethnic origin.
And here another instance of Procter over-stepping mark. As an ICC appointed match-refree for a cricket match, Procter has absolutely no business to adjudicate which term can be considered racist and which isnt. That is a matter far far beyond his jurisdiction.
Whatever may have been said between them prior to Harbhajan Singh calling Andrew Symonds a monkey is irrelevant. There is a history between these two players.
Irrelevant ? Woah ! The point of contention here is offensive language and not of what form it is. Procter is making it sound as though Symmonds could say all sorts of things against Bhajji's sister and provoke him but because Bhajji's retort was racial, Symmonds original taunts wont be punished. I can only laugh at the extent of procedural break-downs that have happened in this hearing. Procter's stand wont have a chance in any proper legal redress system. A judge isnt there is to make his own assertions and assessment of things. He has to deliver his verdict based on solid verifiable proof and that , in this case, is solely missing.
It is unknown what evidence was given at the hearing' date=' until it is known for sure, I think it is best to reserve judgement for Procter's decision.[/quote'] Second that. Tendulkar said he didn't hear it. (It can have lots of different meanings: i) Like Ponting he was nowhere near the scene ii) He heard everything well and he didn't hear the word monkey iii) He heard something but didn't hear monkey). I doubt it's ii). Now, HS is saying he didn't say monkey. Well just say it to the match refree what actually happened then. If HS did put forward what exactly he said and Procter dismissed it, then it's a rubbish decision. If Procter didn't give HS a chance to put forward what exactly he said, it's even more rubbish but at the same time it's a poor defense by India (although I must say we didn't have any lawyers representing us). If Procter gave HS a chance to come out with the truth and HS just blabbered (along with CC who is a di**head) then it's a poor defense as well as a reasonable decision. There can be lots of other scenarios as well. I think everything will be taken care of in the next hearing. One fault which Procter is clearly at is that there was no transcript. That's just wrong and stupid considering there was a lawyer to guide the proceedings.

Waste of time really. Wonder why ICC employs people that have nothing between ears for posts of ICC match referee. Procter must be dumb to reckon the amount of evidence he has presented will stand in the court of law. It's not like couple of strangers heard what Bhajji said to Symonds it's Symo's team mates. Knowing how well behave the Aussie players are Procter shows he's as dumb as anyone can get to have banned Bhajji. There are a lot of dumb people in this world and heaps of them are on ICC payroll.