Today I Learned : Homi Bhabha & Lal Bahadur Shastri were assassinated by the CIA

chapetmarunga

10 hours ago, sandeep said:

Demonetization.

Built statue instead of SEZs

Plenty of Ribbon-cutting and "conferences" on "make in India" - where are the factories?

Charged Indians billions of extra taxes - "swacch bharat" cess, "GST" cess - meanwhile, what's the state of infrastructure in India, across sectors - roads, railways, power grid, education, healthcare.  Banjo, freight corridor is fully paid for by Japanese, was supposed to be completed 2 years ago.

Modi gormint is a unfiltered disaster.  Stop shouting Congress, Sonia, Lalu etc.  Modi has had 6 years, not 6 months.  Time to show accomplishments.  

Bingo!

Demontization was a colossal failure. I get that I am not the best judge of Modi being in the USA, but I know many folks in India who follow politics, have no agenda and think he has done zilch. Just becasue you have a good idea means nothing if the execution is horribly flawed. That is the issue with him. And then they deflect attention with all the other dramebaazi.

Like Trump, Modi is a polarizing figure and people like that have cult like following. You cannot reason with these bhakts. They cannot see through the fog. Unlike Trump who I despise as a human being, I do not have any issues with Modi the person. I think he is genuinely nice guy, but he has not delivered on his promises. Also there are plenty of examples where someone has succeeded at the state level, but failed at the national level. That is the case with him. In the US, George W. Bush was a similar example where he was the Governor of Texas before he ran for President.

Edited by Audiophile