Bhajji and his habit of downplaying current cricket competitiveness....

39 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am not one of those who calls Bhajji a chicken or coward...I really think he played the game with passion when he was part of the team...gave a 100% wether in form or not.I really liked his on field attitude in his playing days.

However what I did not like about him or the matter of fact even Gambhir of whom I was a big fan of ,was their attitude like they are entitled. They moaned,bitched,whined about everyone and everything instead of working on their game or reflecting on what went wrong .

I know some of you don’t care about IPL but Atleast Gambhir plays it with a passion and cares about it for all the moolah he makes but with Bhajji it looks like he doesn’t even try..,yeah it is cool to say he doesn’t care about IPL circus but if you are just winging it when you are getting payed a lot of money it means you are just an unprofessional jerk.

Luckily for us they didn’t  have the political clout to hold down spots of other youngsters like Dhoni is doing otherwise we would have been screwed even more

actually he only cares about IPL, he doesnt give much importance to domestic which is the path to national return.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

actually he only cares about IPL, he doesnt give much importance to domestic which is the path to national return.

He probably cares about the money and the after parties but he barely completes his quota of overs, sometimes even just 2 overs...bats at 8-9 especially these days when Mi batting depth has improved and there are better hitters in the lower middle order and he is definetely no Jonty Rhodes that he is playing solely on fielding ability.

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This all very confusing 

one hater slams him for not caring about ipl and only Indian team 

another hater slams him for caring only about ipl and not Indian team 

Lol

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

You missed all the other points like acting like he is entitled instead of working on his game.

When dropped from team should have really lit a fire under him but instead complaining about pitches etc didn’t exactly endear him to people.

players have ups and downs but attitude is what sets them apart .

When did he complain about pitches and say effecting his game ?

still fit and doing well . Just like many his time at elite level was over , dropped and others came and took chances and so over for him . Not sure why getting slammed for not getting back any team . That’s what happens since dawn of time , you get old and lose it , others step in and it’s over at international level 

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

He probably cares about the money and the after parties but he barely completes his quota of overs, sometimes even just 2 overs...bats at 8-9 especially these days when Mi batting depth has improved and there are better hitters in the lower middle order and he is definetely no Jonty Rhodes that he is playing solely on fielding ability.

Glad you put probably in .... as basically your massive guesses . 

Ps always been a good pro never heard of major off field issues . In India we struggle to understand white line fever . Players who when step over line behave in very aggressive different way to normal life . We want everyone to behave like Sachin , Dravid . Probably why no one says a peep about pujara as he reminds people of the old school boring , sorry meant model pro. types 

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think over the years Mi has lost some faith in him, he is still hesitant to bowl in PP whereas young spinners are doing that and then the need for having a wrist spinner which is why karn was given importance to. His fitness has also dropped and he has become really slow on field . 

14 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

This all very confusing 

one hater slams him for not caring about ipl and only Indian team 

another hater slams him for caring only about ipl and not Indian team 

Lol

Confuse mat ho, attitude question is common among all point with different points 

11 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Embarrasss whom ? The nation , the team lol maybe might bring embarrassment upon person that it . But not sure who merely giving a cricket opinion gives embarrassment ?

so next time should praise oppo to max . Then you will moan that bhaji is traitor to country and not supporting the team . 

Jeez grow up . Can we let ex players please give cricket opinions . Hopefully no holds barred and what they think . Otherwise they will all be as boring a pundit as my man Sachin lol

ps exact quotes were embarrassed India with his cricket opinions . Or this will go down like others as hate filled bs 

Lol as if there is no middle ground.

You expect cricket experts to either go overboard in praising or ridiculing. Fine.

But I prefer balanced analysis from a former cricketer not beta-pota type boasting, atleast not before the series gets over.

On 12/25/2017 at 7:45 PM, AmreekanDesi said:

Thread isn't just because of one recent interview

its the general trend im talking about 

he he always throws in a line or 2 like this in a more comprehensive interview

if its happening every time then it's a pattern and intentional 

i guess it is 'coz he feels he is/was an individual superstar a la sachin/sehwag/yuvi/dhoni/kohli and never got the audulation or recognition that he felt he "deserved"..maybe, there was a "shot at captaincy" angle too ( much like ashwin now)

6 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

Again a dig at Ashwin as if bhajji used to roll over England and Australia in away Tests 

There is a fine line between digs and calling it as he sees it. Ashwin has been utter crap for almost a year plus. Except for ICF, his family and his dog I have no clue who supports this bowling.