Pathan 100 Test Wickets

head coach

I think that he needs to get out of the disillusionment that his bouncer threatens anyone. Pathan should look to pitch 9/10 of all his balls on a full length and allow it to swing. He is easy pickings when he drops it short. I heard that Akram coached him on the 4th and 5th days of the Sydney Test, could this be a reason for his improvement in bowling? The action looked different to me, lying in my bed at 5am in the morning, but I may have just been imagining the change.

Pathan Should do a Hoggard !!! IMO Pathan still is not yet a Finished Test Match Bowling material... I feel he is in the mould of Hoggard who used to be effective only when there is Swing for most of his career till 2 years back. Hoggards transformation from just being a swing bowler to a spearhead is phenomenal. He knows his limitations and worked very hard. He troubled the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid in Indian Pitches , a commendable performance and lead the English attack. Just like Hoggard Patahn should do what he has done... Should increase his speed of his Bowling a notch ( Pathan easily used to touch 85mph at his peak) Should work on his Bouncer and effectively using it.... Should work on his Yorker .... Should work on his Slow Ball ... And of course work on his consistency ..... Also India should drop Pathan for Adelaide if there is a choice , considering a) Adelaide being the Flattest of Pitches in Lords mould b) Bully boy Hayden returning. He wont be a walking wicket like Rogers. Could easily break Pathans confidence on this Pitch. And Pathan should continue to work with Venkatesh Prasad , MRF Foundation, First Class Cricket & ODIs , taking confidence from his performances in Perth and Bangalore.

IMO Pathan still is not yet a Finished Test Match Bowling material... I feel he is in the mould of Hoggard who used to be effective only when there is Swing for most of his career till 2 years back. Hoggards transformation from just being a swing bowler to a spearhead is phenomenal. He knows his limitations and worked very hard. He troubled the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid in Indian Pitches , a commendable performance and lead the English attack. Just like Hoggard Patahn should do what he has done... Should increase his speed of his Bowling a notch ( Pathan easily used to touch 85mph at his peak) Should work on his Bouncer and effectively using it.... Should work on his Yorker .... Should work on his Slow Ball ... And of course work on his consistency ..... Also India should drop Pathan for Adelaide if there is a choice , considering a) Adelaide being the Flattest of Pitches in Lords mould b) Bully boy Hayden returning. He wont be a walking wicket like Rogers. Could easily break Pathans confidence on this Pitch. And Pathan should continue to work with Venkatesh Prasad , MRF Foundation, First Class Cricket & ODIs , taking confidence from his performances in Perth and Bangalore.
Most of all he needs to work on consistency and incutters to left hand batsmen and also inswingers (+ outcutters) to right hand batsmen. It was very surprising that he almost bowled no incutter to Hussey.
Most of all he needs to work on consistency and incutters to left hand batsmen and also inswingers (+ outcutters) to right hand batsmen. It was very surprising that he almost bowled no incutter to Hussey.
Thats the problem...He has got a lot of work to do. Once the external factors do not assist Captain cannot throw the ball to him.
Thats the problem...He has got a lot of work to do. Once the external factors do not assist Captain cannot throw the ball to him.
Yup true. The only thing IP has shown is that he has rediscovered some of his swing back which itself wasn't enough for him to be considered a test class bowler. He has a LOT to do to become a bowler of the class of Hoggard.