Indian bowling in complete tatters

Zaheer - injured Sreesanth - injured RP Singh - injured Munaf - injured Kumble - injured Enough is enough. BCCI's and selectors priorities must change. We keep on unearthing decent bowlers as replacement for front liners and one by one they keep on adding to the injury list. Look at the Australian quicks - went through the entire summer without so much as a niggle. Given that their bench strength is at best as good as India's they would have been seriously exposed as a team if their front liners had got injured. Whatever regimen these guys follow, whatever it takes to make our bowlers fitter just do it. If it's not done soon enough, Pathan and Ishant will be making the above list sooner than later and we will be down to the might of Agarkar.

When did Kumble injure himself? What sort of injury is that? I'm worried about Sree as he has come to play international cricket without proving his fitness in any match played at home. You will add Pathan and IS to the injury list very soon. But does that make a difference to BCCI? No. A number of bowlers have come and gone, and so will the current bunch. Why the hell would BCCI even spend one second, thinking about it and maximising its resources!!!!:mad:

actually Chandan, Sree played club game and seemed to bowl ok. He was on record saying that he bowled even faster... For some reason our left armers are pulling hammies.. RP Singh would have been really handful with reverse swing on this pitch..I reckon we might have got lead of 100 if he was there..

I've heard Slats mention CA uses a GPS instrument to track how much distance a bowler runs in a single day of test cricket. If the fast bowler patrols the boundaries, he may have to run as much as 25 kms per day, which is significant. Perhaps BCCI could implement this, to do a bit of analysis on the work load of our bowlers & then optimize their work load to get the best out of each of them. Currently we just keep using a bowler until he's injured & then look for the next bakra. Cant do much about the workload in test cricket, but in ODIs, better rotation of players can help manage the injuries better. Besides, our players also have to look after themselves better. Lee has been a monster for Australia. He's been playing non stop for years without any major injury. How does he stay fit ? It cant be that he is a better athlete all of a sudden, because he used to be injury prone early in his career. Surely he must be doing something diff. Am not so sure, our current physio is doing a good job in advicing our players.

But seriously, why are we going down like nine pins? Non-stop cricket is just an excuse. Haven't the Australian bowlers played almost the same amount of cricket right since T20 WC? They've played just 1 test and 2 ODIs less. None of their bowlers have gone down. Why are we so poor as far as fitness goes? How will that get corrected? What the hell are bowling coach and trainer doing to enhance the current fitness? Where is the place where the injured bowled can receive rehabilitation? Is there any structure?

Rotation in ODIs is a must. Yeah, that GPS thing was an interesting piece. Apparently, they make the bowlers field in the infield if they feel like he has run too much during the day patrolling the boundaries. The hectic international schedule requires some innovative ideas like this. More than a coach we need someone who is well versed in understanding how the body of a fast bowler needs to be taken care of. After his comeback from injury after the WC, Lee has been bowling like a machine in all tests and ODIs and has the fitness to steam in during the closing stages of a day for a 9 over spell. Remarkable stuff.

Too many bowling options but which one are keeper? At this point India has too many bowling options, Sharma, Pathan, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Munaf Patel, Zaheer Khan, Balaji ( if he comes back from injury). It is sad to see that majority of them are always on the injury list, but if all of them are physically fit and available for the selection, which three of them would be the first choice for the team to play together? It is intresting to note, beside RP Singh, rest of them are all have some plus and minuses and could be swaping with each others without any problem. My choice for the attack would be RP Singh ( first choice) Ashant Sharma ( 2nd choice) Zaheer Khan ( 3rd choice)

It is sad to see that majority of them are always on the injury list, but if all of them are physically fit and available for the selection, which three of them would be the first choice for the team to play together?
It's not going to happen given that BCCI is running Indian cricket. But it does and all bowlers are fit and at their best, Zaheer, Sreesanth, and Munaf would be my choice.
But seriously, why are we going down like nine pins? Non-stop cricket is just an excuse. Haven't the Australian bowlers played almost the same amount of cricket right since T20 WC? They've played just 1 test and 2 ODIs less. None of their bowlers have gone down. Why are we so poor as far as fitness goes? How will that get corrected? What the hell are bowling coach and trainer doing to enhance the current fitness? Where is the place where the injured bowled can receive rehabilitation? Is there any structure?
Very simple How many Indian/PAK kids start swimming from the age of 5? How many sub continet kids start playing sports from a young age?(not talking about galle cricket) How many IND/PAK parents care about their child's diet?(as in # of calories in take/day) How can people in IND/PAK regularly go to the gym? Their is only so much that a bowling coach and trainer can do- we need to look at our culture and start the change from there.
Very simple How many Indian/PAK kids start swimming from the age of 5? How many sub continet kids start playing sports from a young age?(not talking about galle cricket) How many IND/PAK parents care about their child's diet?(as in # of calories in take/day) How can people in IND/PAK regularly go to the gym? Their is only so much that a bowling coach and trainer can do- we need to look at our culture and start the change from there.
Whatever you say is true in general about our cultures. Still doesnt explain, why Sami (who bowls at 140s) is not as injury prone as a Shane "Wannabe Flintoff" Watson. It surely has more to do with the individual. Some are more prone to injuries than others. Hence all studies must be tailored to individuals. I wonder what our physios do ? I heard from a friend that Balaji's fitness issues were mostly diet related. It seems, he used to play cricket with empty tummy, for years. (I dont know how true this story is). Eventually his poor habits got the better of him. He became a chronic ulcer victim & has developed an allergy to plenty of foods now. Unfortunately with such limitations, he's never gonna make it
Whatever you say is true in general about our cultures. Still doesnt explain, why Sami (who bowls at 140s) is not as injury prone as a Shane "Wannabe Flintoff" Watson. It surely has more to do with the individual. Some are more prone to injuries than others. Hence all studies must be tailored to individuals. I wonder what our physios do ? I heard from a friend that Balaji's fitness issues were mostly diet related. It seems, he used to play cricket with empty tummy, for years. (I dont know how true this story is). Eventually his poor habits got the better of him. He became a chronic ulcer victim & has developed an allergy to plenty of foods now. Unfortunately with such limitations, he's never gonna make it
It is not coincidental that Sami does not get injured often. It is because of his action which is always moving. Pressure never builds up so injuries do not develop. He is also very flexible.