Should Kaif be recalled in Test team ?

Guest Hiten.

He really looks like he is getting in his groove. He scored enormous 687 runs in Ranji trophy. Its time BCCI babus look @ kaif and play him in our XI. It will not only strengthen our middle order but also lift our fielding standards. Heck, I'd even say make Kaif the captain of our test team. I am sick and tired of Kumble's defensive tactics. Kumble just cannot (like our other senior players) play the dual role of bowler + captain. Kaif is a captain material. He led our U-19 to WC glory and also led UP to ranji trophy finals. Kaif is currently leading central zone and is 96* saving central's blushes. What you guys reckon ?

We have ignored Kaif a bit long now. He has done everything in FC cricket to get a recall in test team. Our middle order at the moment is so god damn fragile.

We have ignored Kaif a bit long now. He has done everything in FC cricket to get a recall in test team. Our middle order at the moment is so god damn fragile.
Forget it, Blue Brigade. Does he use the top moisturising creams? Does he have a celebrity girlfriend? Can he hit sixes in a chaddi form of the game? Can he give bold, brash interviews? Without these pre-requisites, you can't break into this Indian team.
Forget it, Blue Brigade. Does he use the top moisturising creams? Does he have a celebrity girlfriend? Can he hit sixes in a chaddi form of the game? Can he give bold, brash interviews? Without these pre-requisites, you can't break into this Indian team.
:(( I am starting to feel guilty for being in the mob who wanted Kaif to get dropped BCCI ki maa ki

Kaif and Yuseless played together against Australia in 2004. Yuseless couldn't put bat to ball. Kaif scored two gritty half centuries and a crucial 20 odd in the Mumbai test. They next played together in the series against England in 2006. Yuseless could not buy a run and Kaif saved a test for India at Nagpur with 90 odd. In the series against WI, Yuseless couldn't get into double figures, while Kaif scored a huge hundred and an unbeaten half century. Guess who is in the squad and who is not?

Does he use the top moisturising creams? Does he have a celebrity girlfriend? Can he hit sixes in a chaddi form of the game? Can he give bold, brash interviews?
That certainly does have a part to play in the Indian team selection as I see it. Come out and give interviews like "Aussie pitches will suit my batting", and then watch the selectors pick you because even though all evidence suggests that you can't put bat to ball against quality bowling, they are under pressure because of your antics in T20s and your confidence suggesting that if you are not played, the selectors and team management are idiots.

Yea, keep taking pot-shots at Yuvraj all of you. He will end up as one India's most prolific test match batsman, mark my words. He proved the world wrong, when most had given up on him in 2003/2004. He came back to become the world's best one-day batsman in the last 30 months. He will show his mettle in tests too. This guy is a rare talent, one which needs to be celebrated, not ridiculed. Dont forget, its just a matter of time before the likes of Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman are gone for good from the test team too. That day, I am sure you will all be secretly praying that Yuvraj comes good for us. Now, he seems a liability because of how strong our batting is, soon, he will seem like an invaluable asset. Of course he has failed on the many chances that were given to him, but is that reason enough to ridicule him like this ? After all, this guy has the architect of most of our triumphs in one-day cricket in the last 3 years, Did all those performances come out of thin air ? I have seen enough of Yuvraj to be convinced he can succeed in test cricket, under the most testing condition and the best of bowling. He re-invented himself in one-day cricket, he will do the same in test cricket too. And comparing Kaif to Yuvraj is the biggest insult one could bestow on Yuvraj. Kaif is a pathetic batsman, who rarely won matches for India on his own, which is quite understandable really. He is such a limited batsman to begin with. All he did was to run-around,taking some spectacular catches and doing the odd supporting role when he was batting. No wonder, younger, much more talented batsman have taken his spot from the team. And with regards to references of Yuvraj being the poster boy, giving celebrity interviews and stuff, I can only laugh. What do you expect a 26 year old with dashing looks to do ? Go around in Saffron preaching the merits of a abstinence ? And just to make put things place, Yuvraj has, without doubt, been one of the most non-controversial cricketers, given his popularity and profile. Can anyone here point out a single major controversy he has been involved in ? Even when the selectors over-looked him for Dhoni when they appointed the new ODI captain, he didnt utter a syllable in protest. Yuvraj is a Gem, he will end up as one of India's best ever batsman and that day, I will come back and quote all your posts ridiculing him. Lets see where you hide faces then.

Yuvi should not be dropped no matter what- he is going to be the first "permanent mainstays" from the next generation in Indian team
Why? On the basis of his 20/20 performance....or his usuall one in 10 innings show. Why is he the Permanent mainstay in next generation team India?I don't think he has done enough? Give him the ferrais...but let him earn his permanent slot.

Why remove Yuvi from the squad ? just because one bad series?? offcourse don't bring the statz of his past poor perfromance in test cricket.. but when he played that classic knock along with ganguly when India were 65-4 in 3rd test against pak.. all wanted him to play for India in test and tour australia.. now after just one bad series since that day, ppl want him to be kicked out from test side?? ppl were planning to make him Jafferz opening partner as sehwag was out of form, now they want to kick him out all of a sudden.. yeh ek dam se daura kya pad gaya after one series??

I thing you are missing.... The fact Sachin/Laxman/Dravid are great Test Batsmen is Hard Work.... The effort they put in nets/practice is insurmountable. They think about the game all the time. Yuvraj on the other hand with all the talent and rubbing off with greats is wasting it and I think thats the point Dhondy/Shweta are making :D