India destroy another dream farewell!

MM has lost the plot. No individual is greater then the game or YOUR COUNTRY:isalute:
What has country to do with this ? You guys confuse up all the wrong things ! I am here as a cricket fan first, Indian cricket fan next. I love this game, not the countries which play it. There are other, more worthwhile avenues to express my patriotism.
What has country to do with this ? You guys confuse up all the wrong things ! I am here as a cricket fan first' date=' Indian cricket fan next. I love this game, not the countries which play it. There are other, more worthwhile avenues to express my patriotism.[/quote'] To actually say you want India to lose is unforgivable! It is made even worse by the fact you wanted the great nation of India to lose simply for the happiness of one foreign individual!
But you are portraying individuals to be greater than the team.
I never did. If you are referring to my " I'd rather wish Aus won 3-1 so that Gilly could go out with a win", well, it was more of a melodramatic comment more than anything else. And anyways, its always the players who make a sport as great as it is. When they refer to cricket as a "great game" its because of the players who play it. For me, results are totally irrelevant, I see this game to be entertained. I will always put great players ahead of results. As i told earlier, 20 years, we could still be playing the Border-Gavaskar trophy, but in that same time, will we have player who will score a test 100 in 57 balls ? The game is what it is, because of the players. We need to recognize that.
To actually say you want India to lose is unforgivable! It is made even worse by the fact you wanted the great nation of India to lose simply for the happiness of one foreign individual!
Yea righhhhhhhhht... We lose a cricket match and you construe it to the " Great Nation of India losing" Talk about misplaced notions !

If you had loved the game more than the individual how could you hope Australia should have won this game? India deserved a draw, especially after the way Shewag batted they deserved a draw. EDIT -> "It was made in a melodramatic sense more than anything else, which means i didnt really mean it 100%." then forget the above comment...