If Pandya makes silly mistakes don't compare him with me: Kapil Dev

1 minute ago, Yantra said:

I see more of "Halkatpana" then Jazba and Junoon, he likes to show off, playing for his image rather then play for country or situations

That is true...only hope is he doesn’t go the Afridi route but even though we don’t have such an extreme case, we have our own 2 examples in Sehwag and Dhoni

Sehwag was an attacking bat who had a proper defense...he would play proper % cricket,respect good bowling and take apart weaker bowlers and spinners whom he relished...later on he became so caught up in his image that he was trying to play tests like T20.

Dhoni was one of the best hitters in the world leave alone India...probably the greatest hand eye coordination- hitting Yorkers for 6...also had a mature brain and knew how to construct an innings...all of a sudden couple of last over wins and he started believing his own hype of being a “finisher” and thinking he can hit last ball/over 6s every game and in process screwing up matches.

Now Pandya is developing a reputation of being a must watch cricketer and you might be right that he may start believing his own hype and reputation...otherwise a ramp shot on day 5:facepalm: ...I know I am parroting this but it is still unbelievable.

Like me, Paaji ihas comprehension issue but if i understood, paaji trying say that Pandya has pottential to become a Kapilesque ATG l but first and foremost, Pandya should stops making silly mistakes.

Honestly thats one of the biggest complement for a rokie like Pandya as Pandya is not even number 3 bowler for us

Edited by mishra