Is Indian Tennis Scene ever going to pick up?

surajmal

I doubt it among singles now , tennis is too much power game now. We did have some good moments in past. My  early favorites was India's 1987 Davis Cup run to finals. Vijay Amritraj and Ramesh Krishnan were in great form back then and caused many upsets. 

Leander Paes getting Olympic medal was another cherished memory.

Bhambri wins Taipei challenger(130 points). Breaks into top 100 and reaches career high of 83. He defeated Ramanathan in the final who also reaches career high of 116. Soon he might also break into the top 100. When was the last time we had two top 100 players in the singles category?

On 4/15/2018 at 3:20 AM, I6MTW said:

Bhambri wins Taipei challenger(130 points). Breaks into top 100 and reaches career high of 83. He defeated Ramanathan in the final who also reaches career high of 116. Soon he might also break into the top 100. When was the last time we had two top 100 players in the singles category?

In the early 80s, we had two players in the top 30s : Vijay Amritraj and Ramesh Krishnan.

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

In the early 80s, we had two players in the top 30s : Vijay Amritraj and Ramesh Krishnan.

Yea but back then tennis was less physical. Mostly finesse. Plus it was serve and volley right? And wooden rackets were the norm. Now tennis is a completely different ball game. For the last 20 years or so we have had only 1 player in the top 100 every generation. Paes,Devarraman,now bhambri.