Pakistan's 1st transgender news anchor

Texy

11 hours ago, Green Monster said:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1469-185X.1942.tb00431.x

https://www.livescience.com/32261-do-plants-have-sex.html

^How plants have sex...

u are the same jaahil who claimed plants dont have sex, now u are saying science science... besharam :phehe:

The term 'have sex' in english, implies intercourse. Plants don't have intercourse.

You can keep running away from the fact that MOST animal species on this planet display homosexual behaviour. I've already presented scientific evidence, you have presented ZERO.

And I know why - because if you admit that most animals have homosexuality in their species, it means homosexuality is natural, which means your jaahil prophet was wrong !

So this jaahil's reasoning is that because something can be removed from a treatment manual = it isnt a disorder... kya logic

Err...DUH. If things can be removed from a treatment manual, then its no longer a disorder. 

u are also ignorant of the fact that homosexuality wasn't removed but simply reclassified, essentially there r gay-related illnesses... not surprising considering ur levels of jaahiliyat regarding the issue... 

False. Homosexuality has been REMOVED from the DSMV. 

if anyone is believing this besharam, u are going directly against Psychiatrists, the World Health Organization, and the International Schedule of Diseases... all of them can't be under the umbrella of Muslim conspiracy to persecute transsexuals... try to take off ur anti-Muslim bigotry for a second...   

None of these mean that its an illness. Because homosexuality was in the same boat. These are political organizations (WHO), who reflect politics, not science. 

congrats, you have disproven the entire field of psychiatry... oh wait...

You are not a psychiatrist,so you have no say in the matter. 

kya vaat hai, jaahiliyat continues...

the first link is an opinion blog...

the 2nd one, from over a decade ago says...

brother muloghonto says hormones in the brain = transsexuals, he links to a paper that says such studies havent even proven decisively that is the case, and have failed to replicate in homosexual and transsexuals...

thats not even to mention how this "study" was done prenatally, ie before birth... so muloghonto says that people r born transsexual... so children, the ages of 0 to 8/9, before earliest puberty,  are sexually aware... 

so... he uses unreplicated nonsense to disproove the entire field of psychiatry... if only psychiatrists and the World Health Organization could learn from our brilliant brother muloghonto their own field :phehe:

It is unreplicated because its a new field you idiot jaahil. 

And yes, people are BORN homosexual, heterosexual, etc. It doesnt mean kids are sexually aware - it means their orientation is set, awaiting activation at puberty. 

Your field of psychology is inferior to endocrinology. Because NONE of your results are falsifiable or replicable. 
The functioning of the body, is primarily the domain of biologists. Not psychiatrists - who are basically psychologists with the ability to prescribe medication. Sit, son. You have presented ZERO evidence. I have evidence on my side. Put up evidence or STFU. 

jaahiliyat continues... 

lying brother muloghonto provided a link that says 1500 out of 7.7 million species of animals exhibit some homosexual behavior... 

never mind that the link didn't distinguish between homosexual and bisexual, but...

I also presented a research paper that says almost all extant animal clades show homosexual behaviour. 

...in brother muloghonto's world 1500 = 7,700,000... 

fake statistician can't do even maths properly... 

1500 = 7.7 million...

...off course...the same brother muloghonto also claimed that virtually every species in the world displays homosexuality... where r these homosexual vegetables, fungi, and the other 7 million plus animals that show homosexuality brother??? why don't u just admit u r a jaahil and apologize to the forum for spreading jaahiliyat... 

I didn't claim without evidence. I presented the scientific paper that says all extant clades in kingdom animalia show homosexual behaviour. 

You are going on and on about vegetables, because you are deflecting from the fact that most animal species, as provided by scientific evidence, have homosexuals in them. 

nice story brother... which religious argument have I made??? 

brother muloghonto the DSM is a muslim conspiracy, the World Health Organization is a Muslim conspiracy, the International Classificaiton of Diseases is a Muslim Conspiracy...

on the other hand, non-replicated pseudo-science = truth... jaahiliyat continues...

Again, the words of a doctor of endocrinology overrides all the nonsense you spout. 

Your religious argument is that homosexuality is unnatural. Which is directly from religion. Yet we see evidence that animals have homosexuality in them, which means its natural.

Only desert religions like Christianity,Judaism and Islam decry homosexuality as unnatural, because those fake religions did not have enough animals in their desert climes to study and come to a proper conclusion. Jaahil fake religions. 

so u don't have an argument so u bring religion into it, just like brother muloghonto... tell me are u still waiting for America to invade Pakistan or does that bunkum u regurgitate about Type 3 Sharia...

I dont regurgitate anything about type-3 or type-2 sharia. You are confusing me with someone else. 

brother, no need to be so insecure...  :giggle: if u can't make an argument, no need to ad hominem Muslims in an argument where nothing related to religion was mentioned...

nice joke brother...i can do that as well see... 

I have presented evidence. You have presented nothing but empty words. 

actually atheism is a mental disorder

Prove it, kiddo. The only mental disorder, is to believe in something without any evidence, on the basis of books written thousands of years ago by jaahils who don't even posess the same knowlege about the universe as kids today. Inferior ideology, made by inferior men. 

unfortunately for u, no religious argument was made... don't be so insecure... 

well said, u have actually read what was said... unfortunately, it isn't a their/they vs us argument...

Homosexuality = unnatural, atheism = illness , these are all religious arguments and proven false. 

it is psychiatrists, the World Health Organization, the DSM, and the International Classification of Diseases vs activists... 

Psychiatrists are the lowest totem pole of medical science. Endocrinologist beat psychiatrists. Sit, son.

WHO is a political organiation and I've already proven that DSM means nothing because things are taken out of the DSM all the time, thus are de-classified as illnesses. 

people with no arguments are trying to slur me because I am a former Pakistani citizen and Muslim and turn this into a Muslim issue, when all psychiatrists aren't Muslim, and neither is the WHO composed of Muslims, and neither are the DSM or ICD manuals written by Imams... 

The point is simple. Your prophet claimed that homosexuality is unnatural. I've presented evidence, which you ran away from, that ALMOST ALL EXTANT CLADES of kingdom animalia display homosexual behaviour. Ie, homosexuality is prevalent in almost all animal clades and thus, natural. Thus,your prophet was uttering BS. Because he was a desert fool, coming from an inferior culture, with very few animals to study to come to the conclusion of what is natural and what isn't. 
This is why homosexualty has been tolerated by superior cultures like India, Rome, Greece, China in history - because they are superior, more accomplished cultures, coming from a land of plenty and quickly realizing that homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom and that which exists in the animal kingdom cannot be argued as 'unnatural'.

No amount of jahilliyat from the prophet will change that. 

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, Moochad said:

to add to what you say... a hormonal imbalance leading to transsexuality directly does imply that it is a disorder... 

it's like people haven't heard of endocrine disorders like hashimoto's thyroid, hypothyroidism, growth hormone deficiency, etc... if this is caused by a hormonal imbalance, it can be treated that way as well, by fixing the hormonal imbalance. 

For it to be a disorder, it has to have decisive negative consequences physiologically or cognitively. There are no physiological/cognitive negative consequences to thinking you are another gender. 

I think that is the difference between a disorder ( something with a negative physiological/cognitive consequence) and being atypical but not a disorder(such as having blue eyes). 
Otherwise, anything that is not majoritarian, is a disorder : shock of grey hair is a disorder (its found in very few people), so is blonde (minority), blue/green eyes (minority), etc. 

Ultimately, the simple reality of respecting others, is that what consenting adults do inside the bedroom, is no one's business  but theirs and what gender a person considers themselves to be, is of no consequence to anyone else but them. 
If a male came up to me and says 'call me Sally, i am a girl inside a man's body', can you tell me, what exactly am I losing, by addressing a person by how they want to be addressed ? 
The argument against trans and homosexuality is an argument of arrogance, fear and control. Because it makes us dislike people on the basis of something that has ZERO impact on us personally. 

21 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

For it to be a disorder, it has to have decisive negative consequences physiologically or cognitively.

I think that is the difference between a disorder ( something with a negative physiological/cognitive consequence) and being atypical but not a disorder(such as having blue eyes). 

Disorder has a clear medical definition

a derangement or abnormality of function; a morbid physical or mental state. For specific disorders, such as the psychiatricdisorders, see under the name, such as anxiety disorders and personality disorders.

Sorry, but individuals (whether well-meaning or malicious) don't get to decide what are/aren't psychiatric disorders.  What he said is 100% correct, every major medical diagnostic manual agrees it is as such. We learn as much in medical school. I am not interested in what anyone thinks should be or should not be a mental disorder. As of now it is categorized as such, and it will be for the foreseeable future. When psychiatrists come to a consensus to remove it from the manuals, then it will no longer be treated as a mental disorder. 

Anxiety, depression, etc are also mental disorders, even though many adults suffer from these as well. People suffering with mental disorders can be part of society and still be categorized as mentally ill. That transsexuals can also be part of society, doesn't disprove that they are, by definition, mentally ill. 

No offense, but an engineer has no locus-standi on this issue.  

There are no physiological/cognitive negative consequences to thinking you are another gender. 

This is false. They are far higher than the normal functioning adults in mortality, comorbidity with other psychological disorders, hospitalization and overall suicide risks; if I remember correctly, the number is 4x as likely. This doesn't change even after they get sex reassignment surgery or hormone therapy to make them their percieved "gender". It gets even worse. This is despite treatment of transsexuals being indulgent, ie reinforcing what they already believe, that they are men in womens bodies or otherwise. 

The other poster is also correct that gender isn't a scientific term, it is a sociological one. There is no such thing as gender. It has no place in a conversation on "science". 

29 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Ultimately, the simple reality of respecting others, is that what consenting adults do inside the bedroom...

Please do not involve me in your and his posts. If you/he think they should be accepted/persecuted in society etc etc is none of my business as I haven't said anything regarding what society should do regarding that issue. (No offense, but I have found both of you guys posts immature in this and the other threads where you guys are going back and forth.   I do not wish to be involved in the back and forth, thanks. )

2 hours ago, Green Monster said:

I hope you reported these fools posts where they unnecessarily bring religion into everything... 

Not my job, everyone in this thread needs to behave more mature instead of attacking each others whether, personally, ethnicities, religions, countries etc etc

39 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Disorder has a clear medical definition

Sorry, but individuals (whether well-meaning or malicious) don't get to decide what are/aren't psychiatric disorders.  What he said is 100% correct, every major medical diagnostic manual agrees it is as such. We learn as much in medical school. I am not interested in what anyone thinks should be or should not be a mental disorder. As of now it is categorized as such, and it will be for the foreseeable future. When psychiatrists come to a consensus to remove it from the manuals, then it will no longer be treated as a mental disorder. 

Except there are plenty of medical journals which does not classify transexuality as a disorder. I already presented one by Dr. Gooren. I hope you realize, that psychiatry is a soft science, on par with psychology, sociology, etc. with very little empirical analysis.

So for an engineer like myself, with physics and compsci specialization, it doesn't impress me much what psychologists/psychiatrists think - its more or less opinion with some correlational analysis, with little or no empiric evidence presented- and when it is, it is done by biologists (such as endocrinologist i presented), not psychiatrists. 

In the domain of species homo sapiens, biologists come ahead - way ahead- of psychologists. In the same way when it comes to construction, civil engineers override architects. In both cases, the former (biologist/civil engineer) are empiric, hard sciences and the latter (architects, psychiatry) are far less empiric, 'soft sciences'. 
So a paper by an endocrinologist, which is a specialization on biology,  decisively overrides the functionality of a human body, over the entire field of psychiatry (if that was the case, which it isn't).

Anxiety, depression, etc are also mental disorders, even though many adults suffer from these as well. People suffering with mental disorders can be part of society and still be categorized as mentally ill. That transsexuals can also be part of society, doesn't disprove that they are, by definition, mentally ill. 

Anxiety, depression etc. all has empiric, negative consequences to classify as a disorder. Being attracted to the same gender does not(gay). Or thinking oneself is a different gender does not ( trans). The negative consequences of those, are neither psychological or physiological but sociological - social pressure induced trauma. 

I simply don't see where this 'ill' part is comming from. 

No offense, but an engineer has no locus-standi on this issue.  

This is false. They are far higher than the normal functioning adults in mortality, comorbidity with other psychological disorders, hospitalization and overall suicide risks; if I remember correctly, the number is 4x as likely. This doesn't change even after they get sex reassignment surgery or hormone therapy to make them their percieved "gender". It gets even worse. This is despite treatment of transsexuals being indulgent, ie reinforcing what they already believe, that they are men in womens bodies or otherwise. 

None of the above, is empiric physiological or psychological negative consequence. What you describe above, falls under the umbrella of anxiety, stress and extreme reactions faced by atypical people by social trauma/judgement. Suicide rate is also higher amongst asexuals, people without careers, significantly higher than average amongst rich inheritees ( trust fund kids). 
The suicide rate for transexuals are far lower in India than in the west for eg- why ? because our society accepts 'chakka' as part of our culture. Sure, they are not treated normally, but we are far tolerant of them. Indicating that most of what the evidence suggests, is not personal issues with transsexuality but social. 

As for being an engineer- you know engineers mostly end up as analysts outside their immediate field of training after 10-20 years, right ? Do you know how many chemical engineers end up in procurement ? or how many electrical engineers end up managing software teams ?

Engineering is the pinnacle of analysis. Our ultimate job, is to analyze the science behind something - if its out of our field, we reference the source/person to clarify the governing principles. The main takwaway being an engineer, is the recognition of the fine but decisive difference between causation and correlation.

For eg, all the 'suicide stats' you have presented, are correlational, with zero evidence presented that it is causational.

The other poster is also correct that gender isn't a scientific term, it is a sociological one. There is no such thing as gender. It has no place in a conversation on "science". 

If gender is determined by hormones, then it has empiric evidence behind it. Gender is a feeling, determined by hormones. I've proven that, by citing an endocrinologist & his study. Ie, it is just as 'real' as feeling horny (induced by hormones) and hunger (induced by enzymes). If gender, which is hormonally driven, is not real, then love is not real either, neither is hunger. 

Edited by Muloghonto

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Except there are plenty of medical journals which does not classify transexuality as a disorder. I already presented one by Dr. Gooren. I hope you realize, that psychiatry is a soft science, on par with psychology, sociology, etc. with very little empirical analysis.

Absolutely laughable comparing psychiatry with "soft science". That you think psychiatry is comparable to sociology is incredibly ignorant. 

1 paper,( which doesn't even say what you claim it says), doesn't negate what is a consistent standard of diagnosis/treatment. Please actually learn what constitutes science before sharing your opinions with me. Science relies on a body of evidence. Misreading 1 journal article and concluding the accepted science is wrong is the equivalent of climate change denial. 

So for an engineer like myself, with physics and compsci specialization, it doesn't impress me much what psychologists/psychiatrists think - its more or less opinion with some correlational analysis, with little or no empiric evidence presented- and when it is, it is done by biologists (such as endocrinologist i presented), not psychiatrists. 

And no-one with medical training is impressed with what an engineer, thinks regarding the issue of psychiatry or any other medical field. In case you don't know, psychiatrists are medical doctors, they undergo the same training as me or other past/former medical students. They simply specialize in psychiatric area of pathologies. You have zero domain knowledge regarding the issue and zero background in of biology, as compared to trained psychiatrists. Your attempt to discredit them is laughable.

The endocrinologist did not state what you claimed he stated. The study stated it may be possible that hormones in the prenatal environment may have something to do with transexual identity. That is all.  You have now extrapolated one unreplicated study, from 10 years ago to  conclude that transexualism isn't a mental disorder, which isn't claimed in the study itself.  

A quick google search of his background shows that Dr. Gooren himself treats transexuals, having treated 2200 himself, yet you think he doesn't think transexualism is a disorder?   

28 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

None of the above, is empiric physiological or psychological negative consequence. What you describe above, falls under the umbrella of anxiety, stress and extreme reactions faced by atypical people by social trauma/judgement. Suicide rate is also higher amongst asexuals, people without careers, significantly higher than average amongst rich inheritees ( trust fund kids). 
The suicide rate for transexuals are far lower in India than in the west for eg- why ? because our society accepts 'chakka' as part of our culture. Sure, they are not treated normally, but we are far tolerant of them. Indicating that most of what the evidence suggests, is not personal issues with transsexuality but social. 

As for being an engineer- you know engineers mostly end up as analysts outside their immediate field of training after 10-20 years, right ? Do you know how many chemical engineers end up in procurement ? or how many electrical engineers end up managing software teams ?

Engineering is the pinnacle of analysis. Our ultimate job, is to analyze the science behind something - if its out of our field, we reference the source/person to clarify the governing principles. The main takwaway being an engineer, is the recognition of the fine but decisive difference between causation and correlation.

For eg, all the 'suicide stats' you have presented, are correlational, with zero evidence presented that it is causational.

Sophistry, all I see are unsupported claims, unsupported hypotheses, and self congratulation regarding ones own field choice.  

You still have no background in science and/or medicine, tried to discredit a specialty of medicine, and have provided no evidence which disproves the accepted science that transexualism is a mental disorder. Provide these so-called empirical studies that state or stop quoting me. 

59 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

If gender is determined by hormones, then it has empiric evidence behind it. Gender is a feeling, determined by hormones. I've proven that, by citing an endocrinologist & his study. Ie, it is just as 'real' as feeling horny (induced by hormones) and hunger (induced by enzymes). If gender, which is hormonally driven, is not real, then love is not real either, neither is hunger. 

More sophistry and word play. Gender is a sociological term not a biological one. 

22 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

no you are stupid. you are giving lectures on biology without even knowing that plants have sex... you literally claimed plants don't have sex and now r doing sophistry...

Again, wordplay. You've already demonstrated that you lack the most basic form of respect -which is addressing people as they want to be addressed (ie, i am not your brother), so its understandable, why you are hell-bent on twisting instead of seeking clarification.

Nobody is stupid enough to think plants reproduce asexually. In English, 'having sex' means intercourse. You don't 'have sex' with a woman by tossing your sperm her way. Plants do not 'have sex' in the english usage of the term - ie, no intercourse.

wrong again... homosexuality was reclassified...

Prove it. Prove to us that homosexuality is still part of the DSM. If its 'reclassified', then its still part of the DSM under a new classification. So show us proof.

idiot clade doesn't equal species... you claimed every species... show the damn evidence that all 7.7 million animals have homosexual behavior. also show those behaviors are homosexual and not bisexual, which is different you jaahil.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/imagedetail.php?id=260

Clade : 
A clade is a grouping that includes a common ancestor and all the descendants (living and extinct) of that ancestor. Using a phylogeny, it is easy to tell if a group of lineages forms a clade. Imagine clipping a single branch off the phylogeny — all of the organisms on that pruned branch make up a clade.

Explain to us then, how saying 'almost all clades in kingdom animalia have homosexuality' does not mean almost all species, under said definition.

I have already presented the evidence.

Here it is again:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3565526/

Scientific paper.  You ran away from it in the Maratha thread as soon as i posted it. 

Statement: " Male homosexual behaviour—although found in most extant clades across the Animal Kingdom—remains a conundrum, as same-sex mating should decrease male reproductive fitness."

You lose. Evidence has been provided.

i was talking to someone else in this post, apparently u can't read... 

fake statisticians are the lowest of the low on the totem pole... some jaahil who thinks plants don't have sex is giving certificates on science now

Plants dont have sex in the english common language usage of the word, as 'having sex' in english implies penetration (of one orifice or another). 

the only one playing politics is you, that's why u can't find a single international organization which accepts your claim...

chotu, i was once again talking to someone else, but your superior analytical skills don't teach you how to read...

Just because you were responding to someone else, jaahil, does not mean i cannot reply to that comment.

50 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Absolutely laughable comparing psychiatry with "soft science". That you think psychiatry is comparable to sociology is incredibly ignorant. 

Psychiatry is lot closer to sociology than it is to molecular biology. As i said, for a person with hard science background as mine ( electrical engineer turned code-monkey. ie, physics specialization), its hard to consider psychiatry as more than a soft science because lack of empiricism in most of psychiatry. 

1 paper,( which doesn't even say what you claim it says), doesn't negate what is a consistent standard of diagnosis/treatment.

Please actually learn what constitutes science before sharing your opinions with me. Science relies on a body of evidence. Misreading 1 journal article and concluding the accepted science is wrong is the equivalent of climate change denial. 

Ofcourse one paper negates it, provided the paper presents evidence. Newton's work on gravity was ONE paper only. So was Einstien's work on special relativity. Dr Gooren has proven, that there is a physiological basis to gender - ie, hormones determine gender. Ie, it is not purely a social construct. 

And no-one with medical training is impressed with what an engineer, thinks regarding the issue of psychiatry or any other medical field. In case you don't know, psychiatrists are medical doctors, they undergo the same training as me or other past/former medical students. They simply specialize in psychiatric area of pathologies. You have zero domain knowledge regarding the issue and zero background in of biology, as compared to trained psychiatrists. Your attempt to discredit them is laughable.

I am not discrediting psychiatrists on the basis of MY opinion. I am simply overriding them with the pronouncement of a biologist- endocrinologist to be precise. If psychiatrists say that gender is a social construct and a biologist proves that transexuality is a result of hormonal balances, the biologist overrides the psychiatrist. Simple. 

The endocrinologist did not state what you claimed he stated. The study stated it may be possible that hormones in the prenatal environment may have something to do with transexual identity. That is all.  You have now extrapolated one unreplicated study, from 10 years ago to  conclude that transexualism isn't a mental disorder, which isn't claimed in the study itself.  

It is not only 1 replicated study. Plenty others exist on Jstor. Unfortunately i cannot link Jstor articles here, which is a database of post-doctoral research, as it is a paid site. Gooren's work is one of the easier ones found online for free. 

My point in linking dr. Gooren's work, was to prove that gender is not a social construct but a biological construct, driven by hormones. Ie, it has direct biological basis to it.

Whether it is a disorder or not, remains to be proven by causational data- which is lacking. 

A quick google search of his background shows that Dr. Gooren himself treats transexuals, having treated 2200 himself, yet you think he doesn't think transexualism is a disorder?   

Treating a condition doesn't make it a disorder. Plenty of people treat balding people, yet i have never heard any scientific study calling balding a disorder.  Dr. Gooren facilitates the transsexual change amongst his clients. 

Sophistry, all I see are unsupported claims, unsupported hypotheses, and self congratulation regarding ones own field choice.  

You still have no background in science and/or medicine, tried to discredit a specialty of medicine, and have provided no evidence which disproves the accepted science that transexualism is a mental disorder. Provide these so-called empirical studies that state or stop quoting me. 

Either provide causal evidence to suggest that transsexuality is a disorder, or simply accept the fact that all you are doing, is appeal to authority using correlational data, nothing more. 

More sophistry and word play. Gender is a sociological term not a biological one. 

False. Already proven by citing an endocrinologist, that Gender is based on hormones. So if gender is a sociological term, every hormonal derived response is also a sociological term- being horny doesn't exist, feeling love, anger, etc- all driven by hormones- are all social constructs then. 

Religion is bullshit they are fairy tales for the weak minded.

You don't need religion to respect people, have morals.

If you want respect you need to give respect first.

Like I said religion is a mental disorder.

Have a look at all religions and you will see why it's a mental disorder.

This is the 21st century we need to move on.

Edited by Hydra

"Women Who Dress Like Men Give Birth To Transgenders": Kerala Professor

https://www.ndtv.com/south/women-who-dress-like-men-give-birth-to-transgenders-kerala-professor-1832820?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Story Highlights

• Rajith Kumar said such babies are also born with cerebral palsy, autism
  • He has a microbiology doctorate and attends health awareness sessions
  • State health minister KK Shylaja said the government will take action

-:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Some one please take away his degrees and unburden his tiny *ing brain