Do you believe in ghosts, Jinns, Aatmas (Bad-Ruh) living in graveyards, jungles, deserted temples...?

Alam_dar

A real spiritual person never identifies himself as hindu or muslim. He is just a spiritual. He doesnt carry these titles.

All of us could get possessed including atheist. The most normal looking person could get possessed and would never know about it. He might get some hints that this is not normal but thats about it. 

Those stupid people claiming to be possessed by devi or devatas are 100% fake. Devi/Devatas dont do that stuff. Most dirty thing is black magic and other practices that play with the dead spirits. 

Claim of spirituality by @LORD_analyst

Same claim I was presented by the Muslim Peers (more than 5-6 and many if I include the Internet discussions too) in Pakistan. And they presented 100% same "argumentation" as has been presented here by LORD_analyst.  

And although I didn't get the chance to have such discussion with Christians Spiritual person, but I am sure he will also come up with exact same claims and arguments. 

Muslim spiritual persons claiming they use Quran to achieve the spirituality. 

Christians spiritual people claim using Bible (at least in Films they showed so). 

And Hindu spiritual people claim using Mantars from their religious books. 

And all of them (Hindu, Muslim, Christian) spiritual people telling each other that only he is truthful about the spirituality, while other two are telling a lie. 

I don't think your generalization holds true here at all.

There are many people who are spiritual and they let their actions and words (or lack off) relay their message.

The problem has always been the holier than thou spiritual/religious people whose proclivity for comparison (often flawed) of their own spirituality/religiosity with others far exceeds their spiritualism.

I don't think your generalization holds true here at all.

There are many people who are spiritual and they let their actions and words (or lack off) relay their message.

The problem has always been the holier than thou spiritual/religious people whose proclivity for comparison (often flawed) of their own spirituality/religiosity with others far exceeds their spiritualism.

How do you know for sure that any person (with the qualities that you quoted) has spiritual powers? There exists absolutely not proof of any spirituality. 

But rationale points out very clearly that this chain is fraud: 

(1) When Muslim Peer claims he achieved spirituality using Quran, while the Christian and Hindu spiritual person is wrong while Bible is distorted and also Hindu religious books are false. 

(2) Same claim is also made by a Christian that Quran is lies of Muhammad and Hindu religious books have no truth in them. 

(3) Same is claimed by Hindu spiritual man about Quran and Bible. 

Now human rationale proves without any doubt that there are only 2 choices here:

1st Choice: Only ONE out of all the thousands of religion is telling a truth, while remaining 99.99% are telling a lie.

2nd Choice: All of them telling a lie and none of them have a spiritual power. 

@Alam_dar

In the quest for spirituality one isn't looking for proof, but for reassurance and solace that can be found in belief that there is a supreme being who is looking after us. If you were to construct a Maslow like pyramid for faith, reassurance is the roti kapda makaan equivalent need, ie the bottom of the pyramid need.  A person in that space doesn't need proof but needs to his fears to be assuaged. Proofs are required by those at the top level of the pyramid. Hence those people do not even need a spiritual guru/baba/peer.

45 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Alam_dar

In the quest for spirituality one isn't looking for proof, but for reassurance and solace that can be found in belief that there is a supreme being who is looking after us. If you were to construct a Maslow like pyramid for faith, reassurance is the roti kapda makaan equivalent need, ie the bottom of the pyramid need.  A person in that space doesn't need proof but needs to his fears to be assuaged. Proofs are required by those at the top level of the pyramid. Hence those people do not even need a spiritual guru/baba/peer.

I am afraid that your definition of spirituality is entirely different than the definitions of almost "all" the gurus/babas/peers. 

This belief (what you are talking about i.e. reassurance & solace) comes more under the faith than the spirituality (at least for me). 

1 minute ago, Alam_dar said:

I am afraid that your definition of spirituality is entirely different than the definitions of almost "all" the gurus/babas/peers. 

This belief (what you are talking about i.e. reassurance & solace) comes more under the faith than the spirituality (at least for me). 

I agree. Spirituality as an empirical practice and there is no scope for blind faith in spirituality.

3 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Fair enough. So what does spirituality encompass, in your view?

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Fair enough. So what does spirituality encompass, in your view?

May be something, which is in the domain of "supernatural". At least it is what the Babas/Peers claim normally. 

Edited by Alam_dar