Buttler and Sodhi parody Indian fans' poor English

On 5/9/2018 at 12:43 AM, wanted_desi said:

I never understand the logic behind making fun of someone's English, when its not even native language. 

It is a strange one.

"Oh look that bloke trying to speak a second (maybe third, fourth, etc) language. What a fool trying to be multilingual"

Indians make fun of other Indians who make mistakes while typing/speaking English even if their own English is not that good. 

If a foreigner tries to speak our native language though, we appreciate the effort.

I don't know what it is about English. Maybe it's that everyone is expected to speak in it. But if we make fun of our own people's English, we should be able to deal with it if other people make fun of our English too. It's just harmless fun in this case.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:29 AM, vvvslaxman said:

Not everybody can be seinfeld man. Getting away with stereotyping. Anyway our own Sunny bhai often tries to imitate Jamaican accent.  But that is different though.  Some school kids from village,  may not be proficient in English. It is not their choice to be poor in English. It is not their native language. So they are going to suck at it.  But even imitation is not that funny. If you really want to watch a joke about our English watch this. Most of those who are not good in English tries to translate their language directly into English.

my appachi said you go to town you drink beedi :hysterical: