So his name is Rajdhani Express from now

Cricketics

That's what you'd think, wouldn't you? Good fast bowlers will score on all tracks though. The trick is to select the three best and pair them with Kumble, and give them the pitch to go with it. We can do it, just requires a bit of courage and will.
You are probably right about having courage and will to select pace bowlers on a pitch that helps them only in the early morning conditions. IF this is the case then we surely are risking our faster bowler's fitness level, as they will be nothing but workhorse in these alien conditions. But another concern is that our spin arsenal has nothing to offer in near future. So we should be trying different things and hopefully BCCI creates bouncy pitches
Ravi, the moment he walks onto the pitch against Pakistan, feasts his eyes on their sh itty, scrawny medium pacers and pie-chucking spinners - it will be like the golden run never stopped in the first place. Hundreds, double hundreds, he will be back scoring in no time. Recently he has been undone by quality fast bowling - a rarity these days.
Bad form is like having a flu Pred, no treatment or medicine can cure it. You just need to endure it and hope you are through it sooner than later. Once the confidence takes a beating you could get out to anyone.
Superstar. Moving the ball both ways off the seam at 145+. Will destroy batting sides all over the world if he remains fit, this kid. I dare Indian selectors to drop him for the SA series.
Am afraid we wont go in with three pacers in Indian conditions. Even if we do, one of them will be half bat/half bowler (like Pathan). Given Kumble's penchant for two spinners, Bhajji's spot is almost guaranteed. We've seen too many promising pacers go south after some early success, followed by an injury. We must rest Ishant enough this ODI series, he's been bowling non stop since the Sydney test. IIRC he bowled close to 40 overs at Adelaide. Rest Ishant now.
You are probably right about having courage and will to select pace bowlers on a pitch that helps them only in the early morning conditions. IF this is the case then we surely are risking our faster bowler's fitness level, as they will be nothing but workhorse in these alien conditions. But another concern is that our spin arsenal has nothing to offer in near future. So we should be trying different things and hopefully BCCI creates bouncy pitches
That's where I beg to differ, BB. With two spinners, we'll concede 400-500 in the first innings and maybe 200 in the second. With seamers, we'll get sides out for 200-250 in both. And workload is the reason we should go in with the three young 'uns, who also fortunately happen to be our best. I don't see them having to bowl more than 25 overs in each innings anyway- they are a deadly trio on even a remotely helpful pitch.
Bad form is like having a flu Pred' date=' no treatment or medicine can cure it. You just need to endure it and hope you are through it sooner than later. Once the confidence takes a beating you could get out to anyone.[/quote'] True Ravi, but he's also a gutsy fighter, as we saw at Adelaide. On Pakistan's comatose pitches, who do you think will trouble him?
Am afraid we wont go in with three pacers in Indian conditions. Even if we do, one of them will be half bat/half bowler (like Pathan). Given Kumble's penchant for two spinners, Bhajji's spot is almost guaranteed. We've seen too many promising pacers go south after some early success, followed by an injury. We must rest Ishant enough this ODI series, he's been bowling non stop since the Sydney test. IIRC he bowled close to 40 overs at Adelaide. Rest Ishant now.
That's why some of the guys here are advocating rotation, Bumps. I completely agree, rotate them for the ODIs. For Tests, we need our three best. Problem is, it's always a temptation to play the kid for one more game when he is in such white hot form, and improving with every outing.
True Ravi' date=' but he's also a gutsy fighter, as we saw at Adelaide. On Pakistan's comatose pitches, who do you think will trouble him?[/quote'] Don't know about gutsy character Dhondy, he's more of an instinct player than a fighter. The Adelaide one was a terrific knock as he had to battle hard through out but playing in Pakistan is always a challenge but knowing how Pakistan goes into every test series with flat tracks I won't be surprised if Ponting's brought back to form. Pakistan is so scared to prepare good tracks for faster bowlers and I can understand why though. They hardly have a bowler that can consistently trouble batsmen. I never thought we will se a day when Pakistan will be absolutely bereft of fast bowling options.
Pakistan may field the much talked of AAG attack' date=' for the first time ever. Am not sure their bowling attack will be any friendly, tho, their national highways may negate the good attack.[/quote'] :D I don't reckon Akthar is in good books of PCB. Just yesterday PCB warned Akthar not to criticize PCB in public after Akthar yet again had a go at PCB.

The guy comes in wide of the crease to the right hander, who have to play him because the ball's hitting stumps. He then moves it away from them, leaving them stranded, which is how he got Ponting and Symonds today, Ponting twice in the Test series, and Symonds at Sydney, but for Bucknor's blindness. There's no way you are going to play a bowler like that comfortably because you don't know which one's coming in with the seam, and which one's moving away- it's this ability to move the ball away off the seam or even make it hold its line- from that angle, that's all he has to do really, that makes him such a difficult customer for right handers.

Guest HariSampath
That's why some of the guys here are advocating rotation, Bumps. I completely agree, rotate them for the ODIs. For Tests, we need our three best. Problem is, it's always a temptation to play the kid for one more game when he is in such white hot form, and improving with every outing.
Wasim Akram made a fantastic point yesterday about what Inran used to tell him. akram says that Ishant should play every cricket match possible for next 2-3 seasons, and not worry about too much gym etc. he says that the fast bowling muscles will then naturally align themselves for pace and Ishant will gain at least 10 k pace by this way that will stay with him for rest of his career. Akram says Imran's advice used to be "Just bowl 8-10 overs per day as if you bowl in a match, bowl as fast as you can and your pace will increase at a greater rate and stay with you" Wasim should know and Imran should know. I too feel at 19, Ishant should just keep playing every game possible...in fact thats why his pace has increased 10 k in 2 months

delhi xpress!!!! terrific bowling comments from xperts all over the world damien martyn saying he is going to outshine lee sudden stardom has struck him i hope no1 tells him---- listen man, if u want 2 stay in indian cricket for a few more yrs, cut down on ur pace!! this has led to declination in agarkar, munaf, zaheer's bowling in fact, many of the bowlers who come in as pace bowlers, end up with medium pace hope he goes a long way, and improves only 4 the better