Sreesanth haters come out of the cave

head coach

Sreeshant bowled superbly yesterday. Bowlers normally hunt in pairs. The combination of Sreeshant and Ishant did wonders for India yesterday. Sreeshant was hitting the deck consistently and has a good carry. He tried to bowl a lot straighter yesterday which allowed batsmen to nudge him for singles in the leg. He need to mix his inswingers with outswingers.

Sreesanth is an interesting bowler. He gets a superb amount of swing, but due to a fragile wrist position, his accuracy is often shocking. He pitches often at a half volley length and will naturally go for runs and his line, as mentioned earlier, is inconsistent. I notice that although he times at 140kph, he looks considerably slower and it is due to the sheer amount of backspin he imparts on the ball creating the ball to float and pitch fuller than he would perhaps aim. Correcting this may not be realistically possible, but it is certainly an interesting facet of his bowling. I think that it would be invaluable to teach Sreesanth the biomechanics of a bouncer. It would be a good tool for his agression and perhaps a useful use of his pace. Early in his career, he attempted bouncers, but they were far too short with an incorrect action. If he can get the correct completion of the action and shoulder drive, I can see him bowling a mean bouncer with his quick arm and high impact action.

yeah he brings that much needed aggression to the indian team. and plus, he's extremely motivated to win in australia and his bowling figures show it. to think everyone written him off as a test bowler only.... and you gotta love his staredowns especially yesterday's match when he's eyeballing punter after he bounced him in the fifth over. :giggle:

yeah he brings that much needed aggression to the indian team. and plus, he's extremely motivated to win in australia and his bowling figures show it. to think everyone written him off as a test bowler only.... and you gotta love his staredowns especially yesterday's match when he's eyeballing punter after he bounced him in the fifth over. :giggle:
He was staring even in the first match. But thats fine as long as he doesn't badmouth the batsman. Even lee stares at the Batsman. People where talking about his performance in the 4 ODI of CB series, but not to forget his performance in the 1st ODI wasn't any less good. He accounted for Gilly & punter, which put the pressure back on Aus chasing a low Indian total.

U make Sreesath seem like a spin bowler (Looks considerably slower) bowling hot air balloons(ball to float).. He is a fine bowler and needs to learn to control line and length.. Bret Lee was a similar bowler when he first came on, very erratic but dangerous bowler in past , now he has a much inproved accuracy and has become the top fast bowler in the world.. In the past Sree used to go for runs but cant recall him not getting wickets.. We never had a good supporting cast so were always let down and his runs used to come and bite us.. Now he has a fine supporting cast so to hell with him giving runs we want wickets.. I think regining in his antics has done him good. With more experience he will learn to get the control on his amazing away swining deliveries...

Sreesanth is an interesting bowler. He gets a superb amount of swing, but due to a fragile wrist position, his accuracy is often shocking. He pitches often at a half volley length and will naturally go for runs and his line, as mentioned earlier, is inconsistent. I notice that although he times at 140kph, he looks considerably slower and it is due to the sheer amount of backspin he imparts on the ball creating the ball to float and pitch fuller than he would perhaps aim. Correcting this may not be realistically possible, but it is certainly an interesting facet of his bowling. I think that it would be invaluable to teach Sreesanth the biomechanics of a bouncer. It would be a good tool for his agression and perhaps a useful use of his pace. Early in his career, he attempted bouncers, but they were far too short with an incorrect action. If he can get the correct completion of the action and shoulder drive, I can see him bowling a mean bouncer with his quick arm and high impact action.
When Sreesanth won us the Test Match in SA' date=' every body was talking about his excellent or near perfect seam position...... Does he lost it ?[/quote'] He still has it. I dont know what MSB1991 is talking about...
You cannot deny that Sreesanth does not nearly as fast as Ishant Sharma or Mitchell Johnson (for example) and yet times the same on the speed gun.
Dude. Sree bowled at 151 kmph in India.. and 155 here yesterday. He's quick, and looks quick too. And about the bouncer part, just ask Gilly. He was commentating in the T20 game, and mentioned more than once, that Sree has a very mean bouncer, and he should look out for it.
He still has it. I dont know what MSB1991 is talking about... Dude. Sree bowled at 151 kmph in India.. and 155 here yesterday. He's quick, and looks quick too. And about the bouncer part, just ask Gilly. He was commentating in the T20 game, and mentioned more than once, that Sree has a very mean bouncer, and he should look out for it.
I never questioned his seam position. Trust me, I'm not talking out of my arse here. Yes, the bouncer is fast, because he imparts less backspin and gets to bang the ball into the pitch. It was probably wrong to think that he does not bowl it much, it probably just has not been showing up on the highlights that I have been watching. Watch his full deliveries, they certainly do not look as fast as the speed gun suggests, I was merely musing reasons for this.

Both Mitch and Ishant are hit the deck type of bowlers.. Sree is more of a swing bowler.. and it shows in his bowling his ball swing appretable as compared to the above 2 bowlers.. Is bowling really fast everything... as Tait and u will find the answer.. Sree bowls swinging balls at decent pace to trouble the best.. thats all that matters.. and he is no Spin bowler as u are making him out to be...

You cannot deny that Sreesanth does not nearly as fast as Ishant Sharma or Mitchell Johnson (for example) and yet times the same on the speed gun.
Both Mitch and Ishant are hit the deck type of bowlers.. Sree is more of a swing bowler.. and it shows in his bowling his ball swing appretable as compared to the above 2 bowlers.. Is bowling really fast everything... as Tait and u will find the answer.. Sree bowls swinging balls at decent pace to trouble the best.. thats all that matters.. and he is no Spin bowler as u are making him out to be...
I appreciated that he was a swing bowler. You are getting me all wrong, I am using legitimate terms, he is certainly not a spinner.

msb was just saying he "appears" slower. He was not calling him a spinner. This aussie series is making some desis touchy too :) anyways, I don't give a hoot about "reigning in" his antics or whatever. If his antics keep him happy and keep him motivated, I'm all for it. And when has Sree ever bad-mouthed (abused) an opposition? I can't recall an incident. All he does is sledge by saying "you are gonna lose" etc. Staring down batters, and a jig after getting the wicket and brandishing the bat at 150 kmph after hitting Nel for six after the latter sledged him only adds to the fun and passion of the game. What is wrong with that?

Dont get me wrong.. i was adding my spice into MSB's statement when i quoted him as saying Shree is a spinner.. I know what he said i think it is all BS.. Here is a jist Shree bowling pace is slow, bowling floaters ... back spin.. fragile wrist position..