Yuvraj Thread

kooljatt

It's now or maybe never for Yuvi. Promote Laxman to 3, drop or demote Dravid to 6 and select Yuvi for the number 5 slot in tests. Give him the entire England series to score runs. If he does well, send him to NZ/Pak. If he doesn't, give Badri/others a look in and don't even think about Yuvi for tests for a while.

It's now or maybe never for Yuvi. Promote Laxman to 3' date=' drop or demote Dravid to 6 and select Yuvi for the number 5 slot in tests. Give him the entire England series to score runs. If he does well, send him to NZ/Pak. If he doesn't, give Badri/others a look in and don't even think about Yuvi for tests for a while.[/quote'] I don't understand your logic. First of all, Yuvraj shouldn't have gotten the ODI call up in the first place. Badrinath has been knocking on the doors of the test team for years, churning out hundred after hundred after hundred and averaging well over 50 in the test scene. Yuvraj has been given numerous test opportunities (23 matches is no joke!) and failed in about 20 of those. He got the ENTIRE Australian series to prove himself and he failed miserably. He plays one good knock - his first of the year - in an ODI against England and all the hard work of Badrinath or others is simply forgotten? Why do things come on a silver plate to Yuvraj all the time?!
I don't understand your logic. First of all' date=' Yuvraj shouldn't have gotten the ODI call up in the first place. Badrinath has been knocking on the doors of the test team for years, churning out hundred after hundred after hundred and averaging well over 50 in the test scene. Yuvraj has been given numerous test opportunities (23 matches is no joke!) and failed in about 20 of those. He got the ENTIRE Australian series to prove himself and he failed miserably. He plays one good knock - his first of the year - in an ODI against England and all the hard work of Badrinath or others is simply forgotten? Why do things come on a silver plate to Yuvraj all the time?![/quote'] After the knock he did yesterday, the fact you are moaning that he got picked makes this one of the worst posts ever.
I don't understand your logic. First of all' date=' Yuvraj shouldn't have gotten the ODI call up in the first place. Badrinath has been knocking on the doors of the test team for years, churning out hundred after hundred after hundred and averaging well over 50 in the test scene. Yuvraj has been given numerous test opportunities (23 matches is no joke!) and failed in about 20 of those. He got the ENTIRE Australian series to prove himself and he failed miserably. He plays one good knock - his first of the year - in an ODI against England and all the hard work of Badrinath or others is simply forgotten? Why do things come on a silver plate to Yuvraj all the time?![/quote']
After the knock he did yesterday' date=' the fact you are moaning that he got picked makes this one of the worst posts ever.[/quote'] I agree. One of the worst posts ever.
hopefully people wont call him yuseless now.thats what yuvi can do.should be picked for tests toonow that dada has retired
He is not a useless batsman. He is a very good batsman with some glaring limitations. As far as tests are concerned, I think he deserves another chance. But he better prepared to grab it with both hands because he may not get another in quite some time. BTW, with Dhoni backing him, I think he will get another chance in the test team anyways.

If he fails...they will still call him yuseless...it is in the Indian fans ethos to kick them when they are down. In over 20 years of watching cricket, I have not seen anyone I can say that I have seen who has so much LATENT potential as Yuvi has...he is a champion in waiting... People ask why the selectors persist with him...it is because of this. He has the makings of an unbelievable champion. If only he gets his youthful distractions out of the way....and concentrates, this fella will take the world by STORM!

If he fails...they will still call him yuseless...it is in the Indian fans ethos to kick them when they are down. In over 20 years of watching cricket, I have not seen anyone I can say that I have seen who has so much LATENT potential as Yuvi has...he is a champion in waiting... People ask why the selectors persist with him...it is because of this. He has the makings of an unbelievable champion. If only he gets his youthful distractions out of the way....and concentrates, this fella will take the world by STORM!
he has a colorful life,but he doent overdo it as much as sreesanth or pathan.its his private life n we must respect it as long as it doesnt affect his cricket. but i'm with u on his talent,he hasnt made full use of it.maybe he doesnt work hard enuf ,but then every talented guy isnt tendulkar
After the knock he did yesterday' date=' the fact you are moaning that he got picked makes this one of the worst posts ever.[/quote'] honestly, how is it the worst post ever? I said he had a good knock. I'll give him the credit. But people have been churning out good performances for YEARS in domestic cricket. You shouldn't wipe out all that work with simply one innings. He's a talent. He's gorgeous to watch on his day and is the cleanest striker of the ball in the world. But before this series he has been in terrible form for the last year and a half and It's about time he was sent to domestic cricket to simply clean up his game. If he is the talent that everyone says he is, then he'll be back before you know it. Oh, and to the guy who mocked the Karthik user title - I like his style and I feel he has a lot of potential. He shouldn't be in the team at the moment (not even close) but I feel he can make a great impact on Indian cricket in the future.
Oh, and to the guy who mocked the Karthik user title - I like his style and I feel he has a lot of potential. He shouldn't be in the team at the moment (not even close) but I feel he can make a great impact on Indian cricket in the future.
Are you talking about the dance competition he participated in !!! :giggle: