Yuvraj Thread

kooljatt

Anyone remember that hundred he got against Pakistan (With Ganguly?) last year? Everyone was saying how he should be in the test team, etc etc. Well he went down to Australia and got owned. This is what happens. He's a fantastic batsman in the subcontinent against mediocre bowling. Meaning, flat pitches against crap sides (Asia Cup, Kitply Cup averages boosted by runs against, Bangla, Pak (crap bowling), Hong Kong, etc)
Dinesh karthik is God. Kthxbye.:icflove:
I'm repeating what I said earlier. Yuvraj is good player only when there is no pressure and go and hit situations. He DO NOT have mental strength to play tests.
Unless he can demonstrate that he can translate it for longer version of cricket, he is wasting a spot in Test-11 There are other players who have done the hard yards in domestic cricket, and they are being ignored because we need to pick Yuvi. Like Rajan was saying the other day, this is not T20 where Yuvi can do some party the night before, and change into pyjamas and play the match. This is Test cricket, and he needs to measure up, or we can try other players to replace the Ganguly position.
I'm repeating what I said earlier. Yuvraj is good player only when there is no pressure and go and hit situations. He DO NOT have mental strength to play tests.
Not really, he played couple of good knocks in pressure situation also. I think he's not patient enough when playing outside the subcontinent, it's as simple as that.
We may as well have Dhoni' date= Bhajji and Zheer in front of Yuseless. We could have played an extra bowler here to get 20 NZ wickets. Yuseless is useless in Test cricket.
Maybe Amit Mishra instead of Yuseless? He'd have given a leggie option at least!

I think it may be time to accept that Mr Yuvraj Singh is just not up to the standard required in test cricket – the technique, temperament and mental strength are just not there, no matter what his parents may claim. Geoff Boycott has made exactly the same points in that he does not have the correct technique to be able to play long test innings on a regular basis. His track record seems to consistent of low scores and the occasional high one – for a quality test player it needs to be the other way around. Just when Dravid appears to be back in nick we now have a gaping hole where Ganguly used to bat and the Indian Graeme Hick is not the answer.

I was hoping this would be the series that pushes Yuvraj's batting in Test Cricket to the next level. But you HAVE to say that on these flat pitches if he can't perform abroad then there's really no hope for him when the pitch is doing something like in England/South Africa/Australia. He's no doubt one of the finest limited overs players in the game today but in Test matches Yuvraj is simply not test class. He should definitely see competition for his spot from one of the youngsters.