Ajinkya rahane is not a number 6 in tests!

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Pujara only Plays Tests , i think he would be ready to face any kind of swing and tough conditions...unless he gets into the NO RUNS Mode when he and VJ just stick to wickets but do not score anything , i expect him to blunt the New Ball and then manage to Score runs or at least make it easy for Virat to Score big as Pujara will defend the Ball well...I am sure he would have got his form back by now ...

Except that he had a torrid time in county this season . I think he scored only 1 fifty or something. I really hope he is back to his best by the time the tests start but it looks like it's going to be a tough time for him. 

4 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Was Vijay Shankar any good in the A matches recently?

Ideally the fifth bowler should be a strong bat who can bowl a few overs while the quicks get a breather.. Vijay Shankar could fill in that role if his batting is worth something.. Yes, he sucked against Mustafizur in the T20 final.. but I wouldn’t judge him by 1 match that too in a different format.

Lol Vijay Shankar would not even get a no11 rabbit out in test cricket. His bowling is beyond pathetic. 

Rahul

Vijay

Rahane/Dhawan

Kohli

Dhawan/Rahane

Pant/Karthik

Pandya

Ashwin

Kuldeep

Ishant

Umesh

Shami is unreliable.He does not bowl with intensity & has zero match practice.Bring him only if Ashwin bowls terribly.Pujara is woefully out of form. Dhawan should not open.Give Pant & Pandya regular chance in this series.Ashwin,Kuldeep,Ishant & Umesh can all bat.So tail is not weak.Vijay is no longer reliable either.If he fails,give Prithvi Shaw a chance after 3rd match.

19 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

With Pant at 6, Pandya at 7 and ashwin 8? That's not a bad lineup. Pujara should just be charged with blunting the new ball then. He had a terrible county season so we can't expect him to score much. 

Yes, that is a good 678. That is what Pujara did well at Lord's last time we were in England. While teh rest of the order was stuggling, Pujara managed to at least play something like 100 balls, so when Ajinkya came in later the ball was blunted and he was able to score that great century.