Teenagers are no longer making debut for India

Stop with the chest-beating.  What was Rishabh's age when he was given his T20 cap?  How about Washington Sundar?  Mohammed Siraj has also been given a chance.  How old was Hardik Pandya when he debuted?  Heck, he was fast-tracked to the ODI and test team even though he hardly has a good FC record to speak of.  Because, he offered a skill-set that matched with one of the roles that the team/squad needs.  

Indian team selection has always been on as needed basis - even the great Tendulkar got a chance because there was a timely vacancy in one of the middle order batting slots.  Right now, please name one batting candidate from the list of teenage wunderkinds who can bat in the middle-order?  All the hot younglings are top-order bats, and why not? That's where good batsmen get maximum opportunities to make big runs (and big money).  

Which young deserving player is being kept out right now?  Pant even made it to the Test squad already.  

2 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Suhaan, you are my soul sibling in this forum.
I cannot express how much your posts are In agreement with mine.
I have been saying this since years that Kohli will struggle to garner fame after his retirement, well even during his twilight days of his career

The thing is , Kohli is a mere pawn of a section of the BCCI who are against Srini Mamu and supports CoA .
Shastri is a power hungry freeloader who can dance to everybody's tune.
One reason Dhoni was kicked out of captaincy in late 2016 was because the pro-CoA faction of the BCCI wanted to cement their reign in the organisation
Now here comes the plot twist.
After Shashank Manohar tried to minimise BCCI's excessive controlling power in ICC, terrified BCCI office holders(including many of the erstwhile anti-srini camp) ran to Srini to save their backs because apparently Srini is the only guy right now who can forward BCCI's case in ICC and counter Manohar.
And Srini grabbed this opportunity with both hands and is now working towards becoming the juggernaut he was before in Indian Cricket.
No wonder Sourav Ganguly, who has expressed his desire to become the BCCI chief rather vividly , is mixing with Srini so much these days.
And Dhoni too is gradually regaining his place (and power) in the organisation too.
No wonder CSK won the recent IPL after staging a miraculous comeback.
Now, Kohli Wants to become a power centre in Desi Cricket on his own, in part to bolster his own business empire.
And though he is dumb as hell, he has managed to realise that the only way to grab some power (and relevance) is sticking to MSD now because Srini Mamu is going to be the next Illuminati to control BCCI. (He already is to some extent).
That's why so many CSK players/players backed by Dhoni is getting into the team and Kohli is essentially licking Mahi's ass .
And Dhoni is no dickhead delusional dumb joke(unlike Kohli) and he is using this situation nicely to pawn Kohli into his own trap.
Contrary to popular belief, Kohli is massively jealous of Dhoni and is believed to secretly work against Dhoni according to some people.
Most players are Friendly with Dhoni and given Srini's rising clout within BCCI , are more likely to support Dhoni over Kohli.
Rohit is another player who is a fair-weather friend-he will switch to whoever benefits him more.
He pretends to be Kohli's friend but he isn't in reality.

To be frank, even Dhoni was similar to Kohli but the thing is, he was a much better strategist and man manager than Kohli.
He used to be the King instead of believing himself as king and merely become a pawn.

I don't think Kohli is going to be out by 2020-ping me if you are proven true.
But regardless how much runs he made this season, Kohli is definitely on the last legs of his career and I wonder if he would last till 2023 WC.
He is definitely gonna start struggling for his form in near future - in fact, the struggle has probably already begun.
Dhoni has a massive inflated ego, but at the same time-he is a master strategist and champion politician who carved his way from a lower middle class small town background to the Pinnacle of Indian Cricket while Kohli, for all his talent, is a selfish, delusional, childish guy with utopian ideals who have been only been able to come this far because he had right backers at the right time(and becomes a pawn to put forward their propagandas).
Haven't you seen how the general population regards Dhoni as some Machiavellian Messiah and while Kohli, even after having a near perfect Bilateral Win record , gets to hear that Kohli is a incompetent and insecure nincompoop and only wins matches because of Dhoni's experience?
He might've lost a dozen tourneys, but Dhoni will always remain our smiling Captain Cool, inspiring millions while Kohli's captaincy credentials were torn away after one Champions Trophy Loss.
And while Dhoni might've been an evil politicking guy, you have to give him credit for backing and supporting many talented players (Jadeja and Raina notwithstanding).
But Kohli is all about building his brand and push himself as the "Most Moral, Socially Aware Person of The World" .
But in this campaign of his, he ain't realising that His true love Shastri pawned him by directing the Kumble debacle blame towards solely Kohli and damaged his already negative public perception beyond repair.
Too bad Kohli's wife is equally delusional and pretentious as him.
The Rasta Pe kachhra incident was a good catalyser of the beginning of The Purge for Kohli.
People saw how vile and condescending Virushka were with a person who merely threw plastic on road despite doing stuff even more horrible.
During the FIFA WC, my FB timeline and Twitter was full of Kohli is a Panauti joke and the reverse Kohli the First Captain to win in england memes did nothing to alleviate Kohli's gradual declining fame.
Come 2019 wc and we'll see memes on him threatening to go the Poonam Pandey Way after their loss.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I really feel,if kohli messes up this (golden) opportunity ,he will start feeling the heat,what goes up has to come down,you can name it"law of averages".

The lady luck doesnt seem walking with him,he thinks he's married to one though.