Why people in desi families dont understand that education is one's personal matter?

Franco Vazquez

34 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

@beetle You are making Indian parents sound like some evil, diabolical, scheming a&&holes whose only motive to procreate and have offsprings as some sort of insurance in their later life.

What about the countless sacrifices they have to endure to make sure their kids get success in life? It's a well known fact that Indian parents work extremely hard all their life to save every bit of last extra penny for the education and career of their kids. They would give up their own dreams to fulfill their kids.

After all this **** throughout their entire life, is expecting your kids to take care of you too much to ask for?

I for one won't hesitate to help my parents in anyway possible when they are too infirm to take care of themselves. I don't care if that leads to me getting broke. That's what our culture is all about and I don't feel ashamed about it.

Honestly I have become sick of the prevalence of this self hating attitude among modern Indians. West west ka rag alap k people have lost their identities.

Nahi...bhai.

I feel they should not make so many sacrifices. They should take care of there retirement plan . Let children take loan for higher studies and shaadi waadi.

And let all their kids take responsibility of their own lives and don't expect one son to raise their other children.

One of my uncles raised five of his parents kids , educated them and married them to the satisfaction of his parents wishes. He didn't have the time or money to raise his own two kids properly. Recently left this world leaving his wife of 50 years homeless with a meagre pension. That is the life of many people.

If we keep having kids for old age...this is what will happen.

We are not the most populous country just like that....and then we complain about the state of the country. Desh ko murgikhana bana diya hai.

As for taking care of parents. Frankly speaking I have not seen any one in real life who haven't taken care of their parents when they couldn't take care of themselves.

I will take care, you will take care. Most people will do.

The ones you see on tv and news are exceptions . Pehle bhi hota tha ..ab bhi hota hai and aage bhi hoga.

The widows of Vrindawan have not been left there by this generation. Hamare buzurg aur unke buzurg bhi yeh sab karte aayein hein.  Some % age of people have been doing it for ever.

There is a part of the country where very old and infirm people are drowned by their own children in our country .This tradition was not started by the present generation. ...because they know it is murder. This tradition was also started by the present generations ancestors. 

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

@beetle You are making Indian parents sound like some evil, diabolical, scheming a&&holes whose only motive to procreate and have offsprings as some sort of insurance in their later life.

What about the countless sacrifices they have to endure to make sure their kids get success in life? It's a well known fact that Indian parents work extremely hard all their life to save every bit of last extra penny for the education and career of their kids. They would give up their own dreams to fulfill their kids.

After all this **** throughout their entire life, is expecting your kids to take care of you too much to ask for?

I for one won't hesitate to help my parents in anyway possible when they are too infirm to take care of themselves. I don't care if that leads to me getting broke. That's what our culture is all about and I don't feel ashamed about it.

Honestly I have become sick of the prevalence of this self hating attitude among modern Indians. West west ka rag alap k people have lost their identities.

Western culture today has foundations in Anglo Saxon Protestant values. Most of us ape the Western habits without knowing the philosophy of Protestant Christianity.

29 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Western culture today has foundations in Anglo Saxon Protestant values. Most of us ape the Western habits without knowing the philosophy of Protestant Christianity.

More like an amalgamation of overarching judeo christian values but yeah I get the point.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Nahi...bhai.

I feel they should not make so many sacrifices. They should take care of there retirement plan . Let children take loan for higher studies and shaadi waadi.

Why do you feel so?

What exactly is wrong with such a thing?

And let all their kids take responsibility of their own lives and don't expect one son to raise their other children.

One of my uncles raised five of his parents kids , educated them and married them to the satisfaction of his parents wishes. He didn't have the time or money to raise his own two kids properly. Recently left this world leaving his wife of 50 years homeless with a meagre pension. That is the life of many people.

If we keep having kids for old age...this is what will happen.

Keep churning out babies till you menopause is a separate issue altogether.

We are not the most populous country just like that....and then we complain about the state of the country. Desh ko murgikhana bana diya hai.

As for taking care of parents. Frankly speaking I have not seen any one in real life who haven't taken care of their parents when they couldn't take care of themselves.

I will take care, you will take care. Most people will do.

The ones you see on tv and news are exceptions . Pehle bhi hota tha ..ab bhi hota hai and aage bhi hoga.

The widows of Vrindawan have not been left there by this generation. Hamare buzurg aur unke buzurg bhi yeh sab karte aayein hein.  Some % age of people have been doing it for ever.

There is a part of the country where very old and infirm people are drowned by their own children in our country .This tradition was not started by the present generation. ...because they know it is murder. This tradition was also started by the present generations ancestors. 

Honestly I lost you there.

6 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Why do you feel so?

What exactly is wrong with such a thing?

Why do you feel so?

Why not?

Earlier loans were not available but now grown up children can get loans for everything.

Why burden parents ? Instead let them save for their retirement so that they are at least financially not dependent on their children or dependent on their children being successful.

Let the children decide wben and how to get married when they are ready.

If children want to get married in a temple, be fine with it.

If children want big wedding, let them take a loan and have the big wedding.

What  is so wrong with this?

Why should parents spend their life time hard earned money for a wedding which will be forgotten in a day.

Why depend on children?

What if the children turn out to be bad seed who don't care?

What if children are not sucessful even after giving them an expensive education?

What if children end up divorced even after a big fat wedding ? 

All your life's earning gone and the parents are dependent in old age.

Instead save for retirement . Enjoy life.Let adult children take care of themselves and let them enjoy life.

What is so wrong with this?

Yeh bhi hota hai.

Now it is less but it still happens in many families when they don't have a son in the first or second chance.

I still  see enough families with three daughters and one son.

If the son makes something of his life...then he has to take care of all responsibilities.

If the son is useless...then the parents spend a life time taking care of responsibilities.

What i meant was that most people do take care of elderly when they can't take care of themselves. There was always a small part of the population that does not .

It is not something new that we can blame western culture for.

People have been leaving widowed mothers in vrindavan for ages.Even some of our elderly people left their elderly family members to fend for themselves. 

This is not new.  It has happened in past . It is happening now .It will happen in future.