And now Symonds Cheats by Grounding a Catch[clip added]

talksport

The hand may have very well been under the ball as well as in front of it. There is simply no way to fully tell from that view.
The hand may have very well been under the ball as well as in front of it. There is simply no way to fully tell from that view.
which hand and which ball? there was just no way, symonds caught it cleanly. please see the clip- between 1.00 minute and 1.10 minute, u will get it correctly, if u have a clear conscience. May be for those biased, prejudiced eyes, things could be different!!! After Clarke's blatant cheating of a bump catch in the 3rd one dayer against Kiwis in their last series,this is the crowing glory! Symminds is reputed to be a guy who plays is cricket -hard but fair. i think it should be -hardly fair. surprised to read posts claiming the catch "genuine" and clean and fair! If some one accepts honestly and says, it is a mistake done in the heat of the game, ok, one can carry on. but to support a blatantly cheating act, and continuing to claim they are holier than the whole world, is ridiculous and sheer hypocrisy.

How much more shameless can it get? Dont players like ckark and Ponting have absolutely no self respect? How can they keep doing it again and again? But the bigger culprit here is the umpire who neither consulted the square leg umpire nor the rhird umpire. Such umpires should be just fired....this is carelessness coupled with incompetence.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOr-81K49Ks]YouTube - MS Dhoni & Pieterson England v India 2007 Cricket Catch[/ame] [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=eoc_RqY6yws]YouTube - Ganguly falsely claims catch in World Cup 2003 Final[/ame] Such hypocrites. At least there is clear evidence to prove these catches bounced, unlike the Aussies. But I'm sure a little thing such as evidence won't do anything to change your views.

I think instead of claiming a grounded catch Symmo should be charged for ball tampering... What was he doing trying illegal means to shine the ball.. Since the captains agreement was called up during test matches , i dont think it was used here.. So actually it is not Symmo to blame but the ump and the 3rd ump for not calling the batsman back.. This is similar to what happened with Peterson against india where he was called back after Dhoni had claimed a bump ball..

Guest dada_rocks

It's physically impossible to not rub the ball on ground if anyone goes one-handed at full-stretch.. these sort of catches sud be made a mandatory referral to the third umpire

Such hypocrites. At least there is clear evidence to prove these catches bounced, unlike the Aussies. But I'm sure a little thing such as evidence won't do anything to change your views.
None of these actually worries me. Players appeal all the time even if they very well know it is not out. But to say, accept what we say is where the problem lies. I hope that never happens.
Guest HariSampath
If they had the referreal system , there was enough doubt that batsman would be considered not out. WHat a facking cheat! He cleanly grassed it on first impression. If the umpire had this angle, the square could have seen this. The umpire didn't even ask the square. Also, turning point of the match. 71/2 to 76/4- SL coudn't recover from here on.
Yeah, fieldr cheated, Aus cheated and umpires scrd up, and being a crucial point of run chase SL could not recover, otherwise with support Sangs would have taken them to victory... bad luck..:sad_smile:
Lets not give ICL/IPL contractz to shameless gits like Punter' date= Symo and Pup! That (giving contractz to these gits) will be worse than the gits themselvez
I'm sure that the Aussies will recieve some of the biggest contracts in the competition, and will play the least amount of matches as well. They deserve it though, being the best players in the world.

what else was he meant to do with the ball after he caught it in his hand ? is it possible his fingers were wrapped around the top of the ball before his hand hit the ground ? how any of you can claim that without a doubt that he claimed a bumped catch 100% from that footage is beyond me. some of you should really open that other eye of yours and look at things with some perspective. isnt it odd that 2 videos were posted earlier showing 2 indian players claiming bumped catches ( with 1000x better quality of footage ), yet not one person commented about them ? aussies cheat blah blah.. yet quite clearly it has been demonstrated that india has cheated previously. conveniently ignored huh ? you all really need to let go of this blatant hatred towards the australian team.. its completely clouding your judgement. and how posts like this can given a green light by moderators of this forum, a forum that im sure wouldnt stand for any sort of racism or bigoted remarks given the recent events, is a major disappointment..

What do you guys seriously expect from convicts? Their forefathers were not sent to jails for being virtuous or honest.