So another overseas failure - 8th straight SENA series defeat - Need to rebuild Again!

chewy

4 hours ago, GolGappe said:

India at best is a solid mid-tier team when playing away from home.

Great teams are not built on the back of one great batsman.

India is already a batsman short due to Hardik's selection and Pujara/Rahane haven't been consistent enough to provide enough support to Kohli. Openers have been disappointment away from home.

I don't back our last 6 to score 50 runs in a pressure situation.

On top of it, India's piss poor attitude towards warm up games, some really bizarre selections,  and somewhat bad luck with tosses hasn't helped.

But as beetle said, in recent times, not even a single side has been consistently impressive playing away from home.

Yep, it has been a good just short of 4 years under Kohli captaincy tenure, solidyfing India No.1 rank based on home performances. But time to re-build.

Need two openers, Pujara and Rahane need to be phased out. And Pandya and Ashwin needs to go back to domestics. 

That's 5-6 new players needed to brought in

I think people are being harsh here.

this is not ideal or good obviously but much better than 2011 and 2014

in this series we have been almost equal or better than England for 3 of the four matches. We have been very competitive and it’s been fine margins

in 2011 and 2014 the gulf between us and England was so vast that it was embarassing. We weren’t ever in the game 

12 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Just before India departed for England tour , Shastri was saying in the press conference that this team would create history.   :giggle:.  Wonder where the bewda would be hiding after the 1-4 drubbing. 

he actually meant the amount of beers they would watch him drink or how many selfies they can take as humanly possible.

In post match analysis, Gavaskar said some if these players need to go back to domestic matches... not just dropped from team but dropped from squad so they feel the pinch of sitting out. And come back as better players like how  Moeen was dropped after Aus series and he made a great comeback. I agree, players like Rahul, Pandya, Ashwin needs go out ..perform at domestic and make a comeback again if they are good enough.

India's fear of SENA will remain for another decade I'm sure. India needs to make green tracks and atleast play one test on every home series. It's not all about lose a match at home for experiments. It's just planing for future to avoid series loses in SENA. One win here and there does not make any sense at a expense of series lose. Therefore BCCI should set one green tracks for every home series in order to get use to swing, bouncy conditions.