So was Dhoni really mad at Rohit?

veer

I like the way he performs on the field as a captain but his interviews have been weird all along. He always mentions "My boyz did this" , "I told him to do that" , "I told my boys not to do that" Its good that he takes charge of the team but at the same time he cant take credit for every win and blame individual players for the loss. Having said that I would have been happy had he mentioned that UV's shot selection was poor and it was needless shot anyway

I like the way he performs on the field as a captain but his interviews have been weird all along. He always mentions "My boyz did this" , "I told him to do that" , "I told my boys not to do that" Its good that he takes charge of the team but at the same time he cant take credit for every win and blame individual players for the loss. Having said that I would have been happy had he mentioned that UV's shot selection was poor and it was needless shot anyway
exactly.. he brings lot of positive energy.. and commands authority... but giving interviews like that isnt required.. many players are young and trying to find regular spot in team.. once they are set say in couple of years.. they can easily rebel against MSD..
Dhoni talks straight he doesn't add any flavor! His remark about Rohit is open. Sreesanth bowled poorly in the initial overs. Dhoni's comments are justified you need to take control of the team to lead them properly. That is how successful captains lead the team.
I know what you mean but I wonder why didn't he say anything about UV's stupid shot selection then ?:nervous:
I know what you mean but I wonder why didn't he say anything about UV's stupid shot selection then ?:nervous:
Yuvarj is struggling. It is crystal clear! The guy is a match winner just need to get over his form. Yuvraj and Sehwag are a must in ODI setup. Yuvraj is a better batsman than Dhoni so I don't think it is right for Dhoni to comment on his shot selection!
how can he? after all they r brothers. in the last match, Dhoni defended Yuvraj by saying Yuvraj had to go for his shots because it was the slog overs. Well why did he not defend Rahul Dravid when he was trying to do exactly the same thing against Aus in October?
Yuvarj is struggling. It is crystal clear! The guy is a match winner just need to get over his form. Yuvraj and Sehwag are a must in ODI setup. Yuvraj is a better batsman than Dhoni so I don't think it is right for Dhoni to comment on his shot selection!
Not at the moment. Dhoni too struggled in Tests (not as much as UV) but he turned the tables upside down didn't he ? He is fulfilling the duties of ODI captain, W/K and a most valuable anchor down the order.

he did talk about Yuviz shot selection @ DD HE said "the shot was on." i agree with dhoni here.. the shot was on really.. thatz how Yuvi playrz regularly.. he had alredy hit one big one.. now against hogg this tim he missed out.. that wasn't a great ball by hogg.. itz just that yuvi didn't hit the ball too well to find a six..he found worst aussie fielder stuart clark instead.. who actually took a catch..

he did talk about Yuviz shot selection @ DD HE said "the shot was on." i agree with dhoni here.. the shot was on really.. thatz how Yuvi playrz regularly.. he had alredy hit one big one.. now against hogg this tim he missed out.. that wasn't a great ball by hogg.. itz just that yuvi didn't hit the ball too well to find a six..he found worst aussie fielder stuart clark instead.. who actually took a catch..
With required run rate way under 6 and just few wickets in hand I don't know the hell was that shot on. I felt numb for few mins after he got out as I couldn't believe it. I think that shot was played on ego not as per the need of the side. Pathetic !

ok here is the Indiatimes article.. i guess he wasnt that harsh.. News My run-out cost us game: Dhoni TNN / Vinay Nayudu PrintSaveWrite to EditorMail ADELAIDE, February 17: MS Dhoni appeared to be livid in the dressing room after India’s spineless performance, and admitted that his batsmen let things slip and needed to show more responsibility. ‘‘The lack of patience could be one factor why our batsmen failed. It’s important to stick to your role and responsibility,’’ said Dhoni. ‘‘The first 12 overs with the Kookaburra ball is important and without Brett Lee it was important to keep our wickets. It’s a learning experience. If we had wickets in hand we would have won easily. It gets easier to bat once the ball gets old,’’ he added. While many thought Yuvraj’s attempt to hit a second six off Hogg was reckless, the skipper didn’t. "To me the shot was on. He had to punish the bad ball. The execution, perhaps, might have been incorrect but the intention was right." So where did India lose the plot? ‘‘The turning point was my run out. I am not trying to blame Rohit Sharma but I felt the run could have been taken. But things like these happen at the international level. The crowd was quite loud so I won’t blame him for that,’’ Dhoni said. http://http://cricket.indiatimes.com/My_run-out_cost_us_game_MS_Dhoni/articleshow/2790328.cms

ok here is the Indiatimes article.. i guess he wasnt that harsh.. News My run-out cost us game: Dhoni TNN / Vinay Nayudu PrintSaveWrite to EditorMail ADELAIDE, February 17: MS Dhoni appeared to be livid in the dressing room after India’s spineless performance, and admitted that his batsmen let things slip and needed to show more responsibility. ‘‘The lack of patience could be one factor why our batsmen failed. It’s important to stick to your role and responsibility,’’ said Dhoni. ‘‘The first 12 overs with the Kookaburra ball is important and without Brett Lee it was important to keep our wickets. It’s a learning experience. If we had wickets in hand we would have won easily. It gets easier to bat once the ball gets old,’’ he added. While many thought Yuvraj’s attempt to hit a second six off Hogg was reckless, the skipper didn’t. "To me the shot was on. He had to punish the bad ball. The execution, perhaps, might have been incorrect but the intention was right." So where did India lose the plot? ‘‘The turning point was my run out. I am not trying to blame Rohit Sharma but I felt the run could have been taken. But things like these happen at the international level. The crowd was quite loud so I won’t blame him for that,’’ Dhoni said. http://http://cricket.indiatimes.com/My_run-out_cost_us_game_MS_Dhoni/articleshow/2790328.cms
So why did we loose ???? because of "lack of paitence " if thats the case then who lacked it ?
i would say gambhir' date=' uthappa, yuvi did....[/quote'] I think UV's was the most important as Uthappa was playing with the TAIL , GG had already given a decent start and was trying to take charge but for UV's wicket there is no possible explanation I am getting a littel carried away , aint I ? but I still cant get the stupid shot UV played out of my head