So was Dhoni really mad at Rohit?

veer

He said something like....The turning point was his run out and that rohit was responsible. Also mentioned that he could have run that run with his cramps.... http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2008/feb/17dhoni.htm Dhoni said his getting run out was the turning point of the match and blamed it on Rohit Sharma, who was running for his captain but could not make the ground. "It was bad reaction from Rohit. Even with the cramps I could have run and made it easily," he said.

may be that Dhoni lost it a bit there. but i won't blame dhoni for that.. and neither would blame Rohit for poor running.. a kid is growing.. may be in nervouzness he wasn't able adjudge that run.. but thatz fine.. all year he is been praising youngsterz, if he endz up saying something negative about them then no harm in that either.. itz not that he really wanted to say.. it just came out of his mouth... Kudoz to Dhoni for playing a fine knock of 37.. he definately could have won us the game.. but it happenz.. itz cricket.... and we need to move on rather then moaning about it much..

He said something like....The turning point was his run out and that rohit was responsible. Also mentioned that he could have run that run with his cramps.... http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2008/feb/17dhoni.htm Dhoni said his getting run out was the turning point of the match and blamed it on Rohit Sharma, who was running for his captain but could not make the ground. "It was bad reaction from Rohit. Even with the cramps I could have run and made it easily," he said.
He really said that ? Thats a bit surprising, coz Dhoni is generally a cool guy and rarely looses his cool. A captain should NEVER speak like that about a 20 year old team mate in front of the media.
Guest HariSampath
dhoni called and rohit was a little late...he wasn't backing up as much as he should have. Extremely silly to blame him in public like that.
TOTALLY agree Beets...Dhoni was just being a bit unfair here...see..Dhoni had decided that ALL runs should be run on HIS call , 8 overs back...so the runner is in a disadvantage, he has to hear his captain's call, and THEN...start a run...normally any runner exercises his judgement, along with nonstriker and runs....but today Dhoni suddenly redefined rules, and also made a bad call after hitting ball too hard and straight to one of Aus best fielders, and hence poor Rohit was short by 2 inches.....bad taste by Dhoni...yes I agree that runout turned the game..:sad_smile::sad_smile:

some of u folkz need to have bit of mature thinking....itz hard to accept the truth but it can happen to a captain.. I don't blame dhoni for that.. if Dhoni has right in prasing Rohit in public, then he also has right to point out the wrong stuff done by Rohit in public.... why do we always need to hear good thingz even @ wrong time... Atlesat Dhoni is being frank.. he is not like those English captainz who praise like hell about their playerz after one good knock and they end up getting drop from their national side... all year u guyz have been praising Dhoniz captaincy calling him as an "Aggressive captain" Take that.. herez another sign of his aggresiveness. Kudoz to Dhoni.. . and hard luck Rohit.. i am sure Dhoni would have gone to Rohit after the game and would have told him "Don't be disheartned mate. It happenz"

Guest HariSampath
how do you know that?
Because he was he even calling nonstriker's calls a few overs before, and even Michael Slater and Gavaskar were commenting on it.

dhoni imo was wrong in calling for a single after driving to midoff. even without a runner, this is a fraught single - if you drive it 'slow' the bowler will intercept, and if you drive it hard, it will reach midoff fast enough for him to have a go at the stumps. trying it with a runner who is not allowed to walk out of the crease, i.e., has no front foot advantage was a mistake. i like his captaincy, but he should keep his criticisms private, and certainly not make sarcastic remarks about a team member in front of a tv audience.

Why was dhoni making the calls first of all ? Communication should have been between Rohit and Robin. I blame Dhoni for confusing the lad. Rohit of course should share the blame, as he was not backing properly.

Oh my God ! Am just amazed at Tics' loyalty/affection for the Indian players. He cant stand a word spoken against any of them at all. Wow, simply wow !
Yez...but actually even justified criticism is being defended! :eyedance: There are some very poor mistakez being made in the playing arena by our batsmen, and this blooper by MSD in the interview was not good either.

wow...never seen MSD so emotional. looks like this loss really got to him. I only hope this will spark the spirit more in upcoming matches. if he really said that about munaf and sree, man, this loss has totally ****ed him up. And that is a good thing to care about a match in the preliminary stage so much. I like! but gotta feel for poor rohit :(

Dhoni in a post-match interview with Star Sports also said that Munaf doesn't think too much and Sreesanth cannot bowl according to the field. He needs to control his emotions better.
Did he say this? Wow...well Munaf Patel needs a big kick up his back, so thatz good, and SS needs to improve the accuracy. No questionz there...but why go public?