Just why the heck is IPL giving $$$ contracts to Punter, Pup and Symmo

fineleg

That is some horse marirs wrote...On one hand he says everybody is a cheat and the other hand he says ponting and symonds are not but pup is It is his interpretation that they did not know that is a bump ball or clarke knows fully it is a bump ball.... The fact of the matter is Australia are testing if they can get away by claiming a 50 -50 .... I have no qualms over it....I watch too much football and see strikers diving day in day out.... But Why Ponting and his Team mates can be branded as cheats is because Australia advocated for the "Take the word of Fielder PACT" and claimed bump catches Ponting and Clarke in Sydney Test ---- one given and one not given....

viewz of lot of Indian supporterz have changed since the RECent India-Aus test series.. before if a fielder used to claim a catch which wasn't really a catch, then he would have been ignored.. since the sydney drama.. lot of Indianz have been going on and on against the Aussies.. its fine.. they did some crap stuff int hat series.. but then itz not the first time it was done by a team or by a player.. symo didn't walk in sydney wasn't the first batsman who did that against INdia.. lot of batsmanz from diff nationz have done.. even our Indian batsmanz have done.. who the fack carez really.. its cricket.. enjoy the bloody game instead of freakin just cursing the hell out of other team..

That is some horse marirs wrote...On one hand he says everybody is a cheat and the other hand he says ponting and symonds are not but pup is It is his interpretation that they did not know that is a bump ball or clarke knows fully it is a bump ball.... The fact of the matter is Australia are testing if they can get away by claiming a 50 -50 .... I have no qualms over it....I watch too much football and see strikers diving day in day out.... But Why Ponting and his Team mates can be branded as cheats is because Australia advocated for the "Take the word of Fielder PACT" and claimed bump catches Ponting and Clarke in Sydney Test ---- one given and one not given....
Please, take some efforts to read fully what I have written before commenting. I said "Symonds is not a cheat for standing his ground despite nicking" and Clarke or for that matter, any other player are not cheats for claiming bump ball catches. HOWEVER, I have qualified my statement saying that, with regards to Clarke, He is definitely not all good and saintly, because, I have seen him a) Claim a BLATANT bump ball catch ( against NZ in the previous Chappell-Hadlee trophy). There is no way a fielder, under those circumstances, would have been unaware if the ball had after all bounced, which is quite rare of bump-ball catches because, most of the times, its really hard to tell what happened, coz everything happens so fast. b) Nick a ball to FIRST SLIP and wait for the umpire to give the decision. Those two, IMO, are shameful acts on a cricket field. And I NEVER claimed to be the protector of Aussie image or painted them as being the fairest team. All I am saying is, Australians cheat not more or less than any other international teams. If you want to brand them cheats, then you have to brand every other team as cheats too. What Aus does on the field, whether its right or not, is a separate discussion. I am alluding to the double standards that, we, as cricket fans, seemed to apply, when judging the fairness quotient of Aussies and other teams. And as i said a million times before, there are many things that Australians do that i dont like and I have said that before. My only request is that the posters shouldnt lose their sense of perspective/balance before terming someone something.

Read the last two lines I wrote:D
I did
But Why Ponting and his Team mates can be branded as cheats is because Australia advocated for the "Take the word of Fielder PACT" and claimed bump catches Ponting and Clarke in Sydney Test ---- one given and one not given....
And the specific explanation for that would be, it was a VERY inconclusive catch. Even the slowest, most closest video replays DONT show the ball actually bouncing in front of Clarke. Of course, we CAN see some part of the ball touching the ground as Clarke takes the catch AND as Clarke rolled over, he clearly grounded the ball. BUT its very possible that the fielder may not be aware of that because that is the nature of bump ball catches. If everyone knew what exactly happened, trust me there would be no bump-ball catches appeal at all. And because there was this agreement between Ponting and Kumble, Ponting asked Clarke, Clarke obviously felt he took the catch and therefore Ponting conveyed that to the umpire and Ganguly walked off. As simple as that. Now, do i agree with what happened ? Of course I dont. I firstly dont agree with this agreement coz it will always lead to controversy, coz one team will feel compromised in a very delicate situation of the match ( in this case, it was India). T

I say Aussies cheat by claiming a bump catches just like I say a Drogba or a Ronaldo cheat by diving in a penalty box ...IMO there are 3 very recent examples of clarke,symonds and ponting claiming a bump catch...and in all 3 cases again in IMO a challenge would have benefited the batsmen and lastly all these claims are in delicate situations Lets agree to disagree

MM, The nuances of that can be argued. For the record, I feel clarke is a cheater of the first order. But all that apart... This IPL is our tournament. This is not ICC conducted one. We can refuse to invite a player for whatever reason. It is by Invitation Only and the onus is on our board on who they extend the courtesy and $$$ to. Given that, its a disgrace we are considering extending invitations to these folkz.

Yes' date=' go read your history, oh well, it's obviously written by fellow OZs. Immigration policy is one specific example if you like.[/quote'] Huh? Care to share which aspects of Australian immigration policy you seem to have an issue with? Australia is the most multicultural country in the world due to its immigration policy. Did you or someone you know not get accepted? Regardless, even you if do disagree with some aspects of government policy, why do you feel that it gives you a free reign to slander the entire population?

And because there was this agreement between Ponting and Kumble, Ponting asked Clarke, Clarke obviously felt he took the catch and therefore Ponting conveyed that to the umpire and Ganguly walked off. As simple as that.
What were you watching, Sriram? Here is what I saw - Ganguly edged one, Clarke grassed it not once but twice and Ganguly standing a few feet away probably saw Clarke grass it and stood his ground when the catch was claimed. He was obviously smart enough to realize that the Australians had rescinded the gentleman's agreement for a win and rescinded it himself and asked the umpire to make the call. Mark Benson, asked Ponting for his opinion who immediately raised his finger without consulting Clarke(not that it would have made a difference). I have labored this point a hundred times, the agreement was between the captains, once the umpire is called in to decide he HAS to go with the rule book which is to consult the leg umpire and the third umpire. You saw something very different from what transpired.

Huh? Care to share which aspects of Australian immigration policy you seem to have an issue with? Australia is the most multicultural country in the world due to its immigration policy. Did you or someone you know not get accepted? Regardless' date=' even you if do disagree with some aspects of government policy, why do you feel that it gives you a free reign to slander the entire population?[/quote'] because some people pass comments and judgement without knowing anything about the topic/subject. I also dont agree with these cheap shots and avoid posts like the one you are referring to.

Huh? Care to share which aspects of Australian immigration policy you seem to have an issue with? Australia is the most multicultural country in the world due to its immigration policy. Did you or someone you know not get accepted? Regardless' date= even you if do disagree with some aspects of government policy, why do you feel that it gives you a free reign to slander the entire population?1F26C686.jpg :D
Pardon me ?

Pardon me ?
Haha... very funny:haha: On a serious note, 24% of the Australian population were born in other countries, and that figure does not include the offspring of immigrants who have subsequently been born in Australia. The list of birth countries is extremly diverse too. This is why I'm interested to hear which aspect of the immigration policy is not to the OP's satisfaction.

I can't find all articles related to it, stuff I read in newspapers which had stats per province compared to Australia There were other factors which chalked out the services offered by the government to welcome new immigrants, such as jobs and training Also, in my experience through friends etc, Canadian immigration is a more flexible compared to Australia which makes it easier to settle down Being close to US, it has a large Asian and South Asian population compared to the overall population of Canada 2 official languages - English and French P.S Don't take this personally, but even educated and liberal thinkers talked about the race issue in Australia

I can't find all articles related to it, stuff I read in newspapers which had stats per province compared to Australia There were other factors which chalked out the services offered by the government to welcome new immigrants, such as jobs and training Also, in my experience through friends etc, Canadian immigration is a more flexible compared to Australia which makes it easier to settle down Being close to US, it has a large Asian and South Asian population compared to the overall population of Canada 2 official languages - English and French P.S Don't take this personally, but even educated and liberal thinkers talked about the race issue in Australia
Thanks for your reply. I'm certainly no expert in migration so your comments are noted. I'm assuming that the Australia's tighter immigration policy vs other countries is the basis for the OP's original comment re: Australian goverment policy. If that is the case, I fail to see how the OP correlates immigration policy with the 'intelligence' of an entire nation. Anyhow, this is going off on a tangent.