BCCI vs PCB at the ICC Disputes Resolution Committee, Is the decision fixed to screw BCCI?

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

In reality in the long run, it will ensure cricket becomes a club based sport, with Asian cup and a world cup - ICC it writing its own death sentence.  Very greedy body.

ACC is back in business and held a tournament with two phases. As i mentioned in other thread, All ACC needs to do is exteend invitations to nations ( wi/sa meed no invitation) like Kiwi, Australia and England. Game set match.

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

ACC is back in business and held a tournament with two phases. As i mentioned in other thread, All ACC needs to do is exteend invitations to nations ( wi/sa meed no invitation) like Kiwi, Australia and England. Game set match.

England is the ring-master behind this whole farce.  And Australia the silent supporter.  You are in la-la-land if you think otherwise, and believe that the ACC can somehow be extended to replace/combat the ICC.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

England is the ring-master behind this whole farce.  And Australia the silent supporter.  You are in la-la-land if you think otherwise, and believe that the ACC can somehow be extended to replace/combat the ICC.

Yes. Agree, Asian team only, for few years.

Another Problem is party pooper Pakistan. It will go down any length to undermine BCCI

6 minutes ago, Stumped said:

No it's not, the ICC have made clear their intent of returning the tournament to a 2 year cycle instead of continuing with the Champions Trophy.

So an ODI tournament is replaced with a T20 one? Bollocks.  And the T20 world cup used to be every 2 years earlier already. 

I'll take a bet that the upcoming World ODI league will culminate with some kind of ODI knock-out tournament at the end of each cycle, apart from the WC.

Edited by sandeep
3 minutes ago, mishra said:

Yes. Agree, Asian team only, for few years.

Another Problem is party pooper Pakistan. It will go down any length to undermine BCCI

Historically, PCB and BCCI were strong allies when it came to the ICC. That's the only way that England's zombie clutches came off the hosting rights to the ODI World Cup.  

So an ODI tournament is replaced with a T20 one? Bollocks.  And the T20 world cup used to be every 2 years earlier already. 

I'll take a bet that the upcoming World ODI league will culminate with some kind of ODI knock-out tournament at the end of each cycle, apart from the WC.

ODI league is gonna be a better "organisation" of bilaterals which will serve as a points based qualifier for WC.
Though I think it is looting money off Indian cricket lol.

I personally think eventually ICC will close down one of the LoI Formats to accommodate the 100 .
Possibly even Test cricket too.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

ODI league is gonna be a better "organisation" of bilaterals which will serve as a points based qualifier for WC.
Though I think it is looting money off Indian cricket lol.

I personally think eventually ICC will close down one of the LoI Formats to accommodate the 100 .
Possibly even Test cricket too.

Better organization? Sure.  But who owns the rights to a series of ODI games between India and SA, hosted in SA?  Is it the league, or is the host country?  Who decides how many games will be played?  ICC or the 2 teams involved?  

Historically, the revenue generated from a bilateral series went to the host country.  This gives the touring side a degree of leverage, and the Indian team has the max amount of said leverage thanks to its vast audience.  

It is the nature of corporate organizations to try and increase their power and $$$.  Obviously the ICC wants to do the same.  But there are no free lunches.  Any non-trivial increase in ICC revenue comes at the expense of its biggest patron - India.  And while I have no love for the babus that run the BCCI, I do not view it in the interests of Indian cricket that its flexibility to schedule series, and its ability to earn revenue will be constrained by the ICC - who are no white knights - pun unintended.  

36 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Historically, PCB and BCCI were strong allies when it came to the ICC. That's the only way that England's zombie clutches came off the hosting rights to the ODI World Cup.  

Unlikely that level can be reached again. With the enimity elsewhere everywhere soldiers being murdered in the border often during patrolling in peace time.

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Better organization? Sure.  But who owns the rights to a series of ODI games between India and SA, hosted in SA?  Is it the league, or is the host country?  Who decides how many games will be played?  ICC or the 2 teams involved?  

Historically, the revenue generated from a bilateral series went to the host country.  This gives the touring side a degree of leverage, and the Indian team has the max amount of said leverage thanks to its vast audience.  

It is the nature of corporate organizations to try and increase their power and $$$.  Obviously the ICC wants to do the same.  But there are no free lunches.  Any non-trivial increase in ICC revenue comes at the expense of its biggest patron - India.  And while I have no love for the babus that run the BCCI, I do not view it in the interests of Indian cricket that its flexibility to schedule series, and its ability to earn revenue will be constrained by the ICC - who are no white knights - pun unintended.  

India should never allow scheduling power of indian national cricket body to be diluted.

59 minutes ago, mishra said:

Yeah but not too sure if they will be able to pulloff any world level tourneys as they are asian council. 

I understand you.
That's why I put "organisation" in quotes.
It was a sarcastic remark meaning that ICC using it to curb BCCI's power and revenue.

BCCI babus are not great but I hear everyday how disgruntled the old office bearers are over the new Lodha Reforms and CoA admins.

And the worse that happened is that it has now started to affect the players.
Haven't you seen so many mismanagement of injury and other similar cases of players being disgruntled?
I also hear how Virushka is being allowed to run their own circus and Dhoni passively nudges them like Bhishma Pitamah.

Nothing is right in this organisation
CoA is busy helping the Congress regain their ground on BCCI while Virat Kohli is swishing his power around.
It's a broken system.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

India should never allow scheduling power of indian national cricket body to be diluted.

And that my friend, is the issue at stake here.  Not some "chump change" as our friend chindi Baba claimed.  

And the hypocritic gall of the ICC, to dare and intervene in this bilateral dispute, with a farce of a committee whose decision "cannot be appealed"?  When was the last time England toured Zimbabwe?   How many int'l fixtures have England and Australia played there?  From 2000 to 2015, England barely played a couple of games in Bangladesh.  These are the greedy hypocritical b@@stards who are out to sermonize BCCI and Indian Cricket on its scheduling decisions?  

The tragedy is that all of this anger doesn't mean squat.  The fact that we are here already indicates how far the ICC boardroom game of thrones has advanced already.  And BCCI isn't even on the battle-field, let alone putting up a fight.  

India should do one thing the moment they get the organisation back from CoA.

They should * off National matches and focus on IPL.
India has enough player strength to have a self sufficient league of its own.
They can cajole Afghanistan, Nepal - possibly Windies to join them and then we can have NBA style year round Pajama League.
Will take time to adjust - but at the end of the day, win-win for everybody.

definitely needs to be probed. May a a couple of RTI and then a PIL would do lol..

Of course.
That's where the problem is and I expect Anurag Thakur and Company to go guns against - given the adverse relationship between these 2 countries.

I don't think the old BCCI babus are going to give up on this.

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Of course.
That's where the problem is and I expect Anurag Thakur and Company to go guns against - given the adverse relationship between these 2 countries.

I don't think the old BCCI babus are going to give up on this.

the problem is what locus standi Anurag has in all this, he is a BJP MP yet but he does not have any other part right may be a member of any of the associations. Lets see. Same thing goes for srini mama, its CoA who are the authority now and the old guard in BCCI.

the problem is what locus standi Anurag has in all this, he is a BJP MP yet but he does not have any other part right may be a member of any of the associations. Lets see. Same thing goes for srini mama, its CoA who are the authority now and the old guard in BCCI.
He's in HPCA.
And Srini works for TNCA.

Old BCCI babus are pretty butthurt over the way CoA has led the power flow out of their hands-they're gonna do everything.
BTW, that Rohit Vs Virat fight is probably a result of the BCCI's infighting

Rohit is backed by The old Babu coterie while Virat is CoA backed.
Samjho case