Is Gilgit Baltistan The most beautiful part of the World?

rkt.india

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

I don't know if it is a part of India or Pakistan legally, but all that I know is this that people of these areas don't want to live under the central governments of India or Pakistan, but want autonomy. 

Legally it is part of India. That is pretty straightforward. Paramount of Kashmir acceeded to India. All of Kashmir became legally Indian. To make it not Indian, Indian governemnt has to legally give up the claim. This is how sovereign rights are passed down according to any international law. 

For me, the wish of these people is important than India or Pakistan. 

Sorry, disagree. A chunk of a nation breaking away affects the WHOLE nation. Unless they can PROVE that they suffer from systematic regional oppression (eg: Darfur in Sudan), their right to independence is just as valid as the rest of the nation's citizen's rights to free access to their whole nation. 

And I also believe that a peaceful solution is possible. Even the Muslim Pakistani government and the BJP government of India could still come to sanity and any type of pact which could resolve these issues peacefully. 

If economic situation deteriorates further in Pakistan and India, then whoever will be in the government, but still they will be compelled to find out a peaceful solution.  

Economic situation is improving in India, not deterioriating.

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Legally it is part of India. That is pretty straightforward. Paramount of Kashmir acceeded to India. All of Kashmir became legally Indian. To make it not Indian, Indian governemnt has to legally give up the claim. This is how sovereign rights are passed down according to any international law. 

All these legalities are sometimes only talks and still against the Justice. 

Might always played the role. 

No one is an angel. Neither Pakistan, nor India. 

I have learnt only one thing, the best legal position is the wish of the people. Although it is not every time a perfect solution, but still better than other solutions. 

Hyderabad Nizam didn't want to be a part of India, but India attacked and with might made it a part of India. At that time Indian excuse was majority of Hydrabad population was Hindu and wanted to be a part of Hindustan. 

But this same rule of the wish of the majority of population was ignored by India in case of Kashmir, where majority Muslim population didn't want to become part of India, but there Hindu Ruler's wish was given more importance than the population. 

Sorry, disagree. A chunk of a nation breaking away affects the WHOLE nation. Unless they can PROVE that they suffer from systematic regional oppression (eg: Darfur in Sudan), their right to independence is just as valid as the rest of the nation's citizen's rights to free access to their whole nation. 

But this same rule was not observed by India in case of East Pakistan (i.e Bangladesh) and India sent it's forces at it's own without the UN. Off course Indians will again bring up excuses. But I need no excuses and for me it is enough that people of Bengal wanted independence from Pakistan. 

The level of unhappiness among Kashmiri population against India is not less than what Bangla people had against Pakistan. Same is about Biltistan/Gilgit, where people do want independence, but no one want to join India, especially the present India under BJP rule. 

I wished India had real Secularism and it had shined to such great extent that all people in the region automatically wished to join India. 

Economic situation is improving in India, not deterioriating.

People are still desperate and unhappy. Farmers are committing suicide. Wealth is becoming limited to only some people. Weather becoming intolerable. Population continuously increasing. I am not so much hopeful for the future. 

3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

The level of unhappiness among Kashmiri population against India is not less than what Bangla people had against Pakistan. Same is about Biltistan/Gilgit, where people do want independence, but no one want to join India, especially the present India under BJP rule. 

I wished India had real Secularism and it had shined to such great extent that all people in the region automatically wished to join India. 

That's our masterplan. Every now and then we keep voting in governments which seem that they don't care two hoots about secularism. That way we also keep out all the people from the region who automatically wanted to join India out of India. Willingly, at that.

Our version of Trump's wall, at a cost of 0$ to the exchequer.

Edited by Mariyam

@Alam_dar

I am very hopeful about what lies ahead for India. Literacy is increasing leaps and bounds. We have lifted a huge number of people out of poverty(World Bank claims). We have successfully diversified our economy. Most of our governments, irrespective of their political leanings, have worked towards bettering the lot of the people of India.