The Official Chennai Super Kings Supporters Thread!!!!

zubinpepsi

Worn down Hussey won't play in IPL Michael Hussey will become the latest Australian to withdraw from this year's IPL in an effort to re-find his form ahead of the Ashes. Hussey is one of only two Australians, along with Brad Haddin, to have played in all 12 Tests and 10 one-day internationals since last year's tour of India, and was due to join the Chennai Super Kings after the limited-overs series against Pakistan next month. He is now likely to spend the time with his family in Perth. http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavaus2009/content/story/397941.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Hussey - 100 % not playing Flintoff - Maybe.Depends on Injury Oram - Maybe.Depends on Injury? Dhoni - Maybe.Depends on bad back Hayden - Maybe.Depends on his mood Flemming - Maybe.But would rather coach. So we have to depend upon Raina this season then. I can only think of Murali and Balaji as other intl cricketers in the squad.

Hussey is out :(( thats sad But he wont be missed a lot I think If Flintoff and Oram can be fit and playing, we still are the best side, Hussey anyways wont play most matches and wont be missed Even if Dhoni has the miss out ( to take care of his bad back) I will be happy as he will be ready of Indias matches India first, chennai next

Guest gaurav_indian

Chennai Super Kings very dear to me: Hayden Chennai Super Kings very dear to me: Hayden

Matthew Hayden says he was born as a cricketer in India. In an interview with DNA, the retired Australian opener talks of his career and his future with Chennai Super Kings. Excerpts: How difficult was the decision to quit? Not difficult. I've tried to extract every ounce of my ability over 14 years of international career. I am very content. I'm happy that I and my family have made this decision. You wanted to retire after the Ashes, didn't you? No. As I've said earlier, I'm done with my international career. My focus is now on IPL and my team Chennai Super Kings. That is the cricket left in me. I've got great passion and drive to play for Chennai. I look forward to the IPL with great anticipation. Was there any pressure from Cricket Australia and the selectors? No. I gave to Australian cricket as much as I could. Now I will focus on Chennai Super Kings. How do you look back at your career? I'm honoured to play for my country. I'm incredibly honoured of the relationships made and the people I've met during this unbelievable journey; equally so with my relationships and friendships with people in India. I feel privileged to have had such a long career. Many say that Australia won so many matches because of the starts you provided up-front... It has been an amazing era of Australian cricket and it has been two decades of superlative athletes who have been incredibly committed to winning for Australia. It's been great to be a small part of the culture and the success story along the way. You are among a rare breed of openers. How did you manage to be the batsman you were? I think I wanted to turn defence into attack. So my mindset was really to be the best attacking batsman I could be. I have always seen my role as an entertainer in the brand of Test cricket. Ricky Ponting said that you are the best batsman, and not only in Australia. Your comments... No, that is not my call. As I said I wanted to extract the most out of my game over 20 years of first class cricket. That is what I'm proud of. Every time I got a chance, I tried to bring my game through wonderful preparation. Because I knew the sporting Gods can be cynical Gods. They can be on your side or they can be against you. I tried to have them on my side more often than not. Is there a secret to be an opener like Hayden or Sehwag? Yes. The secret is hard work and preparation and to get the fundamentals of your game absolutely spot-on before you get to the middle. Which of your 29 centuries you rate as your best? I think it is that 380 (against Zimbabwe). It was an innings I cherish most. It was a dominating innings. In the time I actually played, you can see how clean I could hit a cricket ball. Three best batsmen and bowlers of your time... Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar in no particular order. And the bowlers are Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne and Muttiah Muralitharan. Coming back to IPL, the Chennai team seems to be happy that you have retired. You will now be playing for them full time... I'm also very excited about the IPL and being a part of it. I'm looking forward to working with Stephen Fleming and MS Dhoni in the upcoming tournament. I'm particularly happy with the brand of cricket the team plays. The IPL was a phenomenal experience for me. Now that you say the IPL is your goal, are you thinking of settling down in Chennai? Most definitely. I have great friends in Chennai and southern part of India and coincidentally, I was taken by the Chennai team. It is a wonderful experience and opportunity for me. I feel blessed. How do you rate Chennai Super Kings team? I think we have the strongest side in the competition and I really believe that we can win this time.
http://www.chennaisuperkings.com/interview/InterviewContent.aspx?IvID=13

Is this the same guy that called India a 3rd World Country??? Its different now there's money involved hey!!! Kuttah!!! Here's what Hayden said: MELBOURNE: Australian opener Matthew Hayden has called India a third-world country and blamed his team's sluggish over-rate in the lost Test series on Indian batsmen's reluctance to "face up" quickly enough and the constant movement around sightscreens. "They (opposition batsmen) are very difficult to get to face up," Hayden said. Hayden said sightscreen adjustments also played a part in delaying the proceedings as someone or the other kept moving around it. "Often we find ourselves with hands on hips waiting for someone to either face up or someone in the sightboard to move away; all the little frustrations that happen in third World countries and the heat as well," he added. Australia were behind schedule on the penultimate day of the fourth and final Test, which forced their skipper Ricky Ponting to use part-time spinners instead of pacers at a crucial juncture. Ponting, who could have been banned for a Test for the slow over-rate, came under severe criticism for his tactics. Hayden said over-rates have always been a problem for Australia. "We've had trouble with our over rates for a long time now. It's not just us in international cricket that seems to struggle with it for whatever reason," Hayden said. _________________

I am still strong and fit: Matthew Hayden Chennai: Matthew Hayden moved swiftly to hold skiers hit in the area around him by trainer Gregory King. The Australian opener might have retired from international cricket but his commitment gleamed. ?Life (after retirement) has ... More...