Rasikh Salam: 17-year-old Jammu and Kashmir pace sensation gets IPL trial call-up

rkt.india

32 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

One thing is for sure...he is here to stay...

Will become the first player to represent india in test team from this region......

His action is injury free and generating good amount of pace...

He should be playing for Jammu by now...

I know it's almost impossible to judge pace by watching a video but what do you think his pace would be right now?

I am from Kashmir and I can assure you two things 

1-He is a genuine 17 year old kid

2-His speed is said to be quickest amongst all the players from J&K

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/sport/cricket/special-17-year-old-jk-pacer-is-being-mentored-by-irfan-pathan/articleshow/67005772.cms

Interesting article.Irfan Pathan says that he bowls over 130kph right now and that speed can only increase from now on.Shocking thing is that without any training, without having played any age group cricket this guy is bowling over 130kph at 17.Only unfortunate thing is that our fielding is terrible and he will be robbed many wickets.Pathan said that they dropped catches of his bowling and now the junior team is dropping catches too.
Read somewhere that Rasikh and some other pacer are being seriously considered.One among the two will definitely be picked

On 11/26/2018 at 1:19 PM, Rightarmfast said:

Apart from Kenyan marathon runners, who for the whole of their life practise running at such a high altitude where oxygen is less, that when they come to other countries, they perform way better than others. 

But agreed that you cant really pinpoint a race or region. 

Also Nepalese sherpas who have evolved to breathe at low altitudes without much oxygen 

That was his first game for J&K senior team against a very strong Andhra team.
Not a bad performance this, from this video you could notice that he is quick,can swing the ball,gets good bounce and hits the bat hard.His main delivery is the inswinger which we hardly saw in the video unfortunately.

Who knows he may get some matches in the IPL.First I was a bit worried as I thought there might be more hype than potential but now after having seen him a bit more it looks like this guy is here to stay and has a perfect role model "the Rawalpindi express".

Views..