IPL team: Kolkata Knight Riders

Feed

BCCI is seriously very rich... they are giving cash to various people...like chillars..( change).. they gave GoI some $25 millions to five sporting bodies ( boxing, archery..etc etc) they gave YoYo of pakistan his fees of 400,000 dollars in advance..and he has not returned it yet..

SRK's SMS to team "Story time boys... I told you if you keep losing you have to bear with my long, boring msgs.... This is your punishment.... Many times I have made movies which don't do well.... When I'm doing them, of course, I don't know they won't do well.... The story is written by somebody else and I just do my bit as an actor. But I have a way of dealing with flop stories..., I try my best to keep my character in the film at a level that it makes a failed story also special for me.... "I enjoy the work.... I make jokes about the failure.... And, of course, feel awful about it too.... So, right now, all of us have become part of a failed script... A bad IPL script.... Let's try and keep our characters worthy of still looking back at this story and remembering it as a special story becos we all worked very hard at this.... "So, chin up and don't spoil yr character in the next two games.... Let's go out with a bang and not a whimper.... In films, we say u r only as good as yr last film.... So let's make the whole world know how good we r in the last (maybe not) two games... "Also, do ignore all this bit about Dada, me and John having issues.... It's a normal thing in the world.... People like to hit you when u r down.... So, we will be hit.... No stress.... It will make us stronger.... The only way to avoid this is to win.... That's one of the reasons why everybody likes to be a winner.... "On the other hand, the beauty of failure is that it brings people together.... So, let's stick this out together.... You know me well enuff to know I am not the kind of owner who has issues with the team 'cos of losses... I am too much of a sport myself to get beaten by defeats.... Like you guys are.... Like Dada and John.... "I am still trying to understand the code of conduct expected of me at the matches of the IPL.... ICC... Etc.... After I understand it, I will decide whether to accept it or not.... Till such time, I will be with you guys at the hotel... in the meetings etc., but won't come for the matches.... So, please don't ever feel it is anything to do with us as a team.... "I am as dedicated to my Knights as I am to my kids.... Only, I won't be coming to the class room till the headmaster's rules are understood by me.... I am a bit anti-Establishment kind of a guy, so I apologise for this quirk to u all.... So, head's up.... Have a good match and let's make 200 runs tomorrow.... This 150 seems to not work any more.... "We have nothing to lose now, except our character.... Let's not lose that.... Lov... SRK and KJ (:D)"
http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Emotional_SRK_takes_on_IPL/articleshow/3062622.cms

Mashrafe rejected $150,000 offer from KKR prior to the auction http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=74708

The paceman was showered with greetings once the news broke and his parents even broke into tears of joy at their beloved son's amazing success: "My father was just crying while talking over phone from my home district (Narail)," said Mashrafe, who had showed the courage to refuse a US$150,000 negotiation proposal from the same team to try his luck in the bidding.
What a gamble!

KKR to play matches at Dhaka? More... New schedule for KKR KOLKATA, Feb. 8: With Bangladeshi all-rounder, Mashrafe Mortaza already in their bag, the Kolkata Knight Rider team is planning to play some of their home Indian Premie League matches in Dhaka, Cuttack and the Eden Gardens. “The home matches will be played here, Bangladesh and Cuttack,” said Juhi Chawla (in photo) here today. Speaking at a Press meet, the co-owner of KKR, Chawla announced the new team plans. Chawla also announced that Shahrukh Khan will be present for the entire one-month session of the tournament with the team as he has already cancelled all his film shoots. She said that the KKR cheerleaders will be selected via a reality show organised by NDTV in collaboration with Red Chillies. Sourav Ganguly will be one of the judges who will select the eight team cheerleaders. Chawla too will also be present with Ganguly, occasionally, to judge the performance of the candidates. When asked about Mashrafe Mortaza, the co-owner said that his presence will bring a difference to the team. “He will play a key role,” Chawla said. n SNS

Knight Riders may play 2 IPL matches in Bangladesh Raichak (West Bengal) (IANS): In an apparent pressure tactic aimed at the Cricket Association Bengal (CAB), the Kolkata Knight Riders have now publicly floated the idea of playing two of their Indian Premier League (IPL) Twenty20 matches in Bangladesh. Buoyed at the euphoria in the neighbouring nation after the country's leading all-rounder Mashrafe bin Mortaza was bought by the Knight Riders at the recent auction in Goa, team co-owner Juhi Chawla said that two of the seven home matches of the Sourav Ganguly-led side could be held in Bangladesh. "We are thinking of taking the matches to Bangladesh as well. We are getting so much of love from the people from Bangladesh. We are getting so much support from them," she said. "It's a new thought that came up after the auction," she said. The Knight Riders roped in Mortaza for a whopping Rs.30 million, triggering celebrations in Bangladesh. "It could be exciting for the team and our fan base, which has now extended beyond West Bengal. If it works out and seems feasible to do, then we will do it," she said. The Knight Riders owners have been engaged in a battle of attrition over financial issues with CAB on organising the team's home matches at the Eden Gardens. CAB has expressed dissatisfaction over the sum of Rs.35 million that the Knight Riders are scheduled to give for the seven matches held at Eden Gardens in the inaugural edition of the high-profile league last year. CAB has demanded more money saying it spent over Rs.80 million for making various arrangements, but Knight Riders have refused to increase the money. Chawla, however, confirmed that five of the matches would be staged at the Eden Gardens, which would be the "home for the Knight Riders". Asked whether they were considering Cuttack as a second centre, Chawla said: "We haven't decided it yet. It is still fluid. Very soon we will come to a decision. We just had a meeting with (CAB president Jagmohan) Dalmiya". On the rationale for choosing Mortaza, she said: "We have selected him because he can play for the entire season. It will give us many more returns." Chawla said the team will miss Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar, who will not be part of the side this year. "But life has to go on," she said. The actress said team co-owner Shah Rukh Khan has taken a month-long leave from all other commitments to be with the team during the coming IPL. "He will be very much present during the matches, especially in Kolkata." http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200902091561.htm

^ I don't mind. I was pissed last year how they wouldn't let him come to the dressing room. He ****ing bought the team. Idiots at ICC. At the time, I was supporting ICC because of all the Pakis in the team but I still think it was a bit far fetched to call it a precaution when they told him that he couldn't feature in the dressing room.

why are you folkz saddened by this idea? I think it's a great idea to play few games in Bangladesh. Moreover, It will be fun to see how pakistanis would feel insulted that bangladesh is being preferred over in everything: in players and also venuw for hosting matches. also it should be an ideal venuw for KKR, since all bangaldeshis are Bengalis so they would be die hardly supporting KKR team and it will feel like home for KKR.