Manjrekar blames Tendulkar for India's failures

Feed

endulkar in ODIs (upto 2006): Inns Runs HS Avg SR 100 50 Single-digit scores Batting first 180 7449 186* 44.08 82.31 25 32 47 (26.11%) Batting second 185 7088 143 44.02 88.83 15 42 55 (29.72%) Tendulkar in ODIs (since 2007): Inns Runs HS Avg SR 100 50 Single-digit scores Batting first 18 940 100* 58.75 85.77 1 8 2 (11.11%) Batting second 21 613 97 29.19 82.61 0 5 10 (47.61%)

Thats the difference between Aus and Indian. I have been hearing the way comm supported RP after his repeated failures in Test and 6-7 ODIs. Nothing significant and still no word. Here 3-4 odis and you get to hear these. if the failures extend upto 6-7 odis then they assume its their birth right to criticise him. And not to forget that he is more towards old age for these ODI games and he has been there for 8 weeks and he has 2 more weeks before he gets a break. Its a long haul for him and dhoni/HS. I am sure he will pick up in these last games and we will have some exciting finals.

Somewhere in the world, Tendulkar's low run is attributed to the absence of Ganguly at the other end. Some fans eh?
You can't just laugh it off though. I'm all for inclusion of Veeru, even at the cost of SCG, but those two are the best pair from India and one of the all time best ever. There was lot of chemistry and understanding between the two. Although SRT led the partnership almost always, you still will notice sometimes it was SCG who'd dance down the track to break the shackle, and at least trying to disturb the length.
His article is spot on. I dont know why you people find it OTT. Anyone who says SRT hasn't been having a problem batting second in recent times is obviously joking. This is the main reason why we haven't been chasing well, off late. Need good starts to chase down big scores. SRT of course has the talent and understanding to overcome even the toughest of hurdles. I hope he gets it right before the finals.
some Srt Fanz might over react to this.. but Manjrekar is spot on here as some other posterz wrote too..
Spot on! Avg of 26 in 27 matches!!! Ridiculous that!

FACT is, Tendu's ODI run has been pretty decent off late, but he has been failing once too often against the Aussies in ODIs. His average against the Aussies used to be 49, now its 43+ overall and in the last 10-15+ matches has been pretty dismal. Tendu is not above criticism and it is clear that he is no longer reliable or consistent at opening against the best team in business. IMO, he just can't deal with Lee's searing incomming deliveries in the first few overs and once too often he's perished lbw/bowled against the Aussies for a very low score. Ofcourse, i am not convinced about Tendulkar's ability to play in the middle order ala Lara/Ponting either so its a dilemma. But point is, Tendu needs to pick up the slack against the top team in business against whom he's been failing consistently for too long.