Manjrekar blames Tendulkar for India's failures

Feed

Mangrekar has something against Tendulkar.....This is not the first time. Pata nahi kya kahani hai inke beech mein...:D Kissi ko kuch pata hai bhai logon?:P
IMO SM's comments about SRT are for most part spot on. He was fully justified in criticising him during SRT's test slump in 2005-2006. But for the sake of nuetrality, he goes OTT sometimes. He wants to show that despite being SRT's close friend, he is not averse to criticising him and goes overboard at times.

His article is spot on. I dont know why you people find it OTT.

Manjrekar also pointed out that in the last 51 One-day internationals, Tendulkar's batting average when he bats first is 62.10 in 24 innings. In contrast when he bats second, it's 26.00 in 27 innings
Anyone who says SRT hasn't been having a problem batting second in recent times is obviously joking. This is the main reason why we haven't been chasing well, off late. Need good starts to chase down big scores. SRT of course has the talent and understanding to overcome even the toughest of hurdles. I hope he gets it right before the finals.
"Another problem that India have these days when they bat second on a good pitch, is that their most experienced batsman, who bats at such an influential position in the batting order, becomes almost redundant," he wrote in his column for the Times of India.
Thats the single most stupid comment I have seen from a former cricketer in recent times.
oh so you criticising the technicality; well maybe he used the wrong word but I am agreeing with the spirit of what he is talking about here
What do you mean technicality ? One wrong word could mean a world of a difference dude. If Manjrekar had said Sachin hasnt been as effective batting second, as he has been batting first, that would have been a reasonable statement to male. To say Sachin has been "redundant" in chases is nothing short of preposterous. Manjrekar has been treading on Sachin's toes for long. He first shamelessly sided with Ian Chappell, when Chappell called on Sachin to retire after the world cup. Now, he onto his antics again. And what in the good world does he mean when he say " Sachin is like this big elephant in this room that no one wants to talk about" !!Well they better not talk about him, coz he has just top scored for his team in FOUR consecutive ODI series and ended the last calender year with 1500 runs. Only someone out of their minds will have the courage, or in this case, the foolhardiness to question Sachin's place in the ODI team.

Just leave Tendulkar alone. He did really well and won couple of games in England batting second. It's ridiculous to suggest he's redundant. If you start nit picking every batsman you will see there is not one batsman that comes out a champ in all conditions and situations. Tendulkar is very valuable to the Indian team. Sure he has failed in this series and it doesn't need to be pointed out as everyone knows he hasn't score a 50 yet in the CB series. I don't quite know what does SM achieve by talking about Tendulkar alone. In the same breath the Aussie top order have not done anything great either. That doesn't mean they all need to be shafted.

Just leave Tendulkar alone. He did really well and won couple of games in England batting second. It's ridiculous to suggest he's redundant. If you start nit picking every batsman you will see there is not one batsman that comes out a champ in all conditions and situations. Tendulkar is very valuable to the Indian team. Sure he has failed in this series and it doesn't need to be pointed out as everyone knows he hasn't score a 50 yet in the CB series. I don't quite know what does SM achieve by talking about Tendulkar alone. In the same breath the Aussie top order have not done anything great either. That doesn't mean they all need to be shafted.
Rest in Piece Paki dic* sucka SM. RIP cuz there will be HAIL STORM (just like Desert storm in 1998) from sachin in final's. When ever you piss tendulkar, he replies in the greatest way possible. GRATZ TENDU ON ur 42nd CENTUARY!. ALL HAIL SHEHANSHAH TENDULKAR