Dhoni's captaincy : Call my judgment premature but,

Ram

I think Dhoni is the best Indian captain I have ever seen. Azhar was a match-fixer, Sachin didnt have the brains to be captain, Ganguly was too emotional and Dravid was too muted. Dhoni is all I want from a captain. He is a smart performer, very cool, never gets flustered, tactically very sound but beyond all, he is one of the top performing players of the side. He has had a tough start to his captaincy stint, with nearly 60% of his games against Australia, but his record still reads decent. We have a gem here ! No wonder he is worth $1.5 million !

yes it is premature.. but as I said before he commands huge authority at this stage.. take a look at the video when umpires tell Dhoni to keep check on Ishant sharma.. he just shakes off shoulders in front of them.. almost saying.." i wont cuz it was that symonds clown who provoked.. " he is not afraid of taking hard decision.. yes dhoni is the best Indian captain I have seen in my lifetime.. ganguly had lot of support from already established players.. but this guy won 20/20 with the bunch of inexperienced youngsters..

Yep, you can't find any fault with his captaincy. He clearly enjoys the job, and the responsibility has made him a better batsman and a better 'keeper. It's all the more amazing considering how the job was thrust upon him. He seems to be under no pressure at all - something which could have never been said about Azhar, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Dravid. I'd say that is because his mental make-up is quite different from theirs; it's an attitude which personifies the new generation of Indian cricketers. I doubt any of the players would ever have a problem with him - he is a nice guy, a brother-like figure. They must feel really comfortable playing under him.

won't disagree that he is better than the other indian captain's i've seen ...but some of his decisions really shocks me...especially sendind pathan at 3 in earlier matches when uthappa had no batting practice....and why the hell play"40 yr old...**nker"..i would rather give chawla a chance...overall he is good captain

yes it is premature.. but as I said before he commands huge authority at this stage.. take a look at the video when umpires tell Dhoni to keep check on Ishant sharma.. he just shakes off shoulders in front of them.. almost saying.." i wont cuz it was that symonds clown who provoked.. " he is not afraid of taking hard decision.. yes dhoni is the best Indian captain I have seen in my lifetime.. ganguly had lot of support from already established players.. but this guy won 20/20 with the bunch of inexperienced youngsters..
I think Dhoni is the best Indian captain I have ever seen. Azhar was a match-fixer, Sachin didnt have the brains to be captain, Ganguly was too emotional and Dravid was too muted. Dhoni is all I want from a captain. He is a smart performer, very cool, never gets flustered, tactically very sound but beyond all, he is one of the top performing players of the side. He has had a tough start to his captaincy stint, with nearly 60% of his games against Australia, but his record still reads decent. We have a gem here ! No wonder he is worth $1.5 million !
he hasnt captained TEST side yet Rajeev.. :D
MR changed his post, but he said the best captain - never said anything about TESTS or ODIS He is great for ODIs and Twenty20, but it's way too premature to compare him with Gangulies regarding tests and odis for now
let this indian team taste defeat and these dhobi worshippers will be calling him worst captain etc
we did loose the ODI series against Aus at home... but nobody called him worst captain ever. we are not too concerned since overall things are looking promising. he does have a good head on his shoulders and definitely is responding to the new role better than most...:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: move power to dhoni.... (but not too much since he might get carried away and might get rid of all oldies from test team also. we definitely need oldies in Test arena atleast).:pray::pray:

The career record of Both Ganguly and Azharuddin would have been much different if it was not for Tendulkar. He was in his prime and it was his direct and indirect contribution that resulted in the team's success. Dhoni took charge of an absolutely young team for T20 and came out with a world championship. He has been doing incredibly well in ODIs for a new captain.

He has to learn how to speak in front of the media though. BTW, SRT has a brilliant cricket brain, so it's not quite right when you say he doesn't have a good enough brain for a captain. The fault lies in the team, attitude of players and of course the match fixing for most part.