Dhoni's captaincy : Call my judgment premature but,

Ram

Shocking stuff from Dhoni. He should learn to just stick to the standard blasé clichéd phrases and only go on about putting in more effort and putting the ball in the right place. How dare he speak his mind and actually try and throw out an honest appraisal/opinion from time to time. Duncan Fletcher for coach - he'll help sort out his press lines!

Dhoni is successful' date=' but [u']he needs to learn to be humble. If he doesnt learn it himself, time will surely teach him that. Humility is not some bad trait that you need to look at it with disgust. Humility is a good trait.
Really ? Whats humility gotta do with captaincy ? May be he is a good captain because he is not so humble ? You take any great leader in history, there will be a bit of ego about him. Unless you have that pride about you that you cherish, you wont be bothered to guard it so dearly. Which ones among Sachin, Dravid & Ganguly are humble ? Guess who is the better captain ?
Bichaare ne yeh kaha ke how much money do you need in life anyway?
ok so who didnt know that he has enough money ?? we all know that he has more than enough money and thats what he said .. he has enough money so he would always choose to play for the country Hence Money is not an issue ...
I am quite sure that he will take over from Kumble when the legend retires.
Dhoni taking over the test captaincy??? Even Harbhajan batted better than him in the test series. He should improve his test batting becaue Dinesh Kartik at present seems to be a better test batsman.
The career record of Both Ganguly and Azharuddin would have been much different if it was not for Tendulkar. He was in his prime and it was his direct and indirect contribution that resulted in the team's success. Dhoni took charge of an absolutely young team for T20 and came out with a world championship. He has been doing incredibly well in ODIs for a new captain.
IF not for one man again who name is SRT , who made this finals as his own india would have never won, He is getting too much credit for backing youngsters except for Rohit Sharma which youngster did he back came good.All the bowlers which he used were already in the team before except Ishant.Pravin Kumar dont tell me he expected that from him, he was playing in matches because Sewhag was not played and he was supposed to be an allrounder. His dropping of Sewhag is one plus which I give him, Sewhag is too much hit and miss in odis for some reason.

Surely Dhoni has been the best among the newly appointed captains. I was worried that it might get to him, and was afraid this will affect our biggest hitter. But, he has not just taken the captaincy in his stride, he has owned it. His first season has included a World Cup in a format the team had no experience in, completely new-look team, a series versus Pakistan (the rivals he would have grown up regarding as arch-rivals) and two series versus Australia (the Champion team of the past decade). Still, he came out head held high, and it was not as if he was just a proxy captain being helped by the brilliance of one or two players in the team. He has brought the team together and inspired even those who wouldn't need inspiration (Paaji) to ignite a brilliant performance in what might have been the toughest tour for a rookie captain. Lesser captains would have crumbled in such an itinerary. Dhoni has amazing self-belief and adaptability. This is seen in his curbing of his batting in the recent CB series. His wicket-keeping has soared way above his initial performances and now is definitely among the top three in the world, purely in terms of wicket-keeping. He, in fact is the most important member of the team, not because he has the official crown, but because he has been almost revolutionary in his captaincy, so far. I know this is high praise for such a short stint, but glimpses of greatness have already been witnessed in this self-confessed funny, sarcastic, aggressive gambler-like, instinct-based leader.

'Captain has to stay calm on the pitch' Appreciated for his on-field composure, India's ODI captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni says he endures pressure and stays calm to instill confidence in the bowlers. More... Captain has to stay calm on the pitch: Dhoni Press Trust Of India Ranchi, March 10, 2008 First Published: 14:39 IST(10/3/2008) Last Updated: 15:00 IST(10/3/2008) Appreciated by former cricketers for his on-field composure during nail-biting matches, India's ODI captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he endures pressure and stays calm to instill confidence in the bowlers. "Well, tension is there for every one. It is tough at the international level. I don't think it is possible without pressure at international level cricket," Dhoni told newsmen in Ranchi. A captain, he said, needed to stay calm to send out positive signals to his bowlers, who bowl under constant pressure. "One has to stay calm on the pitch, particularly to relieve the bowlers. If a bowler finds his captain in tension, then it will have a negative impact on him," Dhoni said. Dhoni was responding to a query on how he felt about praises being heaped on him by former captains from India and Australia like Steve Waugh, Adam Gilchrist, Kim Hughes, Ajit Wadekar and Dilip Vengsarkar. While Waugh said a team was always a reflection of its captain, Gilchrist gave full marks to Dhoni and Kim Hugues praised India saying "the sleeping giant (India) has awoke". On Navjot Singh Sidhu's reported statement that Dhoni should also be handed over the Test captaincy, the Ranchi player said, "no comments".

If he is not halted by some zealous seniors or jealous selectors, I am pretty sure Dhoni will end up the most successful captain in the history of Indian cricket, or for that matter, Asian cricket. Sachin,Dravid and Kumble have too much pedigree to play mind-games with Dhoni and they dont have too much time left either. The only player who seems to be offended by MSD's youth policy is Ganguly and he wont last long either. So soon, in a year or two, MSD will probably be the most senior player in the side along with Yuvraj. Then, I expect him to take full control of the team and take it even greater distances.