Team for CB series Final 1

Dont be fooled by what we saw of Praveen in ONE game. He got two lucky wickets (Sagakarra went for a premeditated shot & Jayawardane cut a wide one straight to point). The Aussies will flog such trundlers all day. The only way to beat the Aussies is by bowling them out. Sreesanth' date= is a gamble worth taking. And 7 batsmen is a must, hence Sehwag plays too. I'd open with SRT, Gambhir, bat Sehwag at no. 4 & sit Munaf & Praveen out.
Good analysis about PK:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: ICFers getting too carried away without looking at the quality of the balls that got the wkts I have to admit though that I don't know enuff about Praveen's batting utility- his bowling looked pretty innocous though unless he gets really favourable conditions
Dont be fooled by what we saw of Praveen in ONE game. He got two lucky wickets (Sagakarra went for a premeditated shot & Jayawardane cut a wide one straight to point). The Aussies will flog such trundlers all day. The only way to beat the Aussies is by bowling them out. Sreesanth' date=' is a gamble worth taking. And 7 batsmen is a must, hence Sehwag plays too. I'd open with SRT, Gambhir, bat Sehwag at no. 4 & sit Munaf & Praveen out.[/quote'] No I know, it was just one game but I feel Sreesanth is too erratic and with the pace of the Sydney outfield, even his good balls could leak runs. Munaf does not have much variety and could be a sitting duck for the Aussies. I feel Praveen Kumar may be the person to select. If Praveen can slow it down a bit, and concentrate on swing, and Dhoni can stand up to the stumps, he may be quite useful.

We already have plenty of allrounders in the team. Pathan & Dhoni are reliable allrounders. Sehwag & Yuvi are half allrounders, who can bowl 4-5 useful overs. We must resist picking Praveen Kumar based on his allround skills. I have hardly seen Praveen Kumar bat. If what I saw of him in the game vs SL is the norm, then I dont expect him to make more than 10 runs (which even Sreesanth can score). We should forget about picking an allrounder & go with the best bowler who will likely get the max wickets. Munaf is a good containing bowler in ODIs. He doesnt go for variations too much, keeps it simple and can hit the same length, repeatedly. But if Hayden comes down the track & upsets his rhythm, i dont reckon, Munaf will either have the heart or the brains to recover from such attack. Sreesanth, therefore, would be my pick. I dont think Praveen Kumar will stand a chance against Hayden & Gilly.

Dont be fooled by what we saw of Praveen in ONE game. He got two lucky wickets (Sagakarra went for a premeditated shot & Jayawardane cut a wide one straight to point). The Aussies will flog such trundlers all day. The only way to beat the Aussies is by bowling them out. Sreesanth' date=' is a gamble worth taking. And 7 batsmen is a must, hence Sehwag plays too. I'd open with SRT, Gambhir, bat Sehwag at no. 4 & sit Munaf & Praveen out.[/quote'] sangakkara wicket was not lucky. the dismissal was well planned. pravin saw sangakkara coming down the track & he bowled it short and induced a edge of sangakkara

How do folks feel about dropping Bhajji and then playing the extra batsman.... I personally don't think Bhajji adds any value in terms of wicket taking abilities to the team The aussies have also sorted him out most of the time (barring ponting in a few tests).... Yuvi, Sehwag, Tendya to bowl 10 overs.

But when we have 3 batsman who we really cannot bank on in the finals. Though we will play them, we need just little security that we at least win one of the first 2 finals. For that we need to contain Aussies no matter what. Winning is not always about score required runs. Its about contain opposition withn manageable targets. And with IS, HS we are doing fine. We also need to understand that against Aus containment is to take more wkts. We need bowlers to take wkts and with PK and IP put together we get 1 full batsman. HS bats reasonably well. We dont want Allrounders if our lead batsmen are in form. But SRT, VS, YS and Uthhu are not in good form. And RS is a new kid. So there go you top 4 batsmen. How do you expect to fight big total. GG, MSD and IP cannt play in every game. So best bet is, Hope at least 2 these 4 click. SRT VS YS RU 2 Of these will definitely play good GG MSD IP RS If to support them we have PK HS That will be icing on the cake. We will easily chase 300 target even in finals. But with extra bowler we are making sure that the target is 20-30 runs lesser.

Munaf is a definite no-go, he looks like he will collapse in the middle of his first over, how can they take this guy on the Aus tour, beats me. He does not know which way to hold the bat, and his fielding is worst than ravi shastri, what a disgrace! Kumar cannot work against Aussies, Sree is the best bet here.

Munaf is a definite no-go, he looks like he will collapse in the middle of his first over, how can they take this guy on the Aus tour, beats me. He does not know which way to hold the bat, and his fielding is worst than ravi shastri, what a disgrace!
MP is the worst ever tailender while batting, and a grandpa with fielding. He is an ok bowler, but certainly not a great one. Aus can dismantle his bowling, then his one dimensional ability will be a big liability for us.
Kumar cannot work against Aussies, Sree is the best bet here.
Between Praveen Kumar and SS is a tossup. SS on a good day can really trouble the Aus which PK cannot. But will SS have a good day!? Only Shanthakumar knows the answer!!!