Tendulkar slams critics

Feed

The master batsman said he is not concerned about "overreaction from too many brains" about his form. More... February 26, 2008 13:08 IST Sachin Tendulkar [images] has not been in the best of touch in the ongoing CB tri-series, but the master batsman said he is not concerned about "overreaction from too many brains" about his form. Tendulkar, who has scored 191 runs from eight innings so far, said he is hitting the ball well and his confidence level has not gone down. "I scored in the 30s twice against Sri Lanka [images] and 40-odd against Australia. I failed only in the last three innings. It is a case of too may brains working [over my form]," he said after hitting a sizzling 54-ball 63 in India's seven-wicket victory over Sri Lanka on Tuesday. Tendulkar blamed for India's failures "I am all right and hitting the ball well. I am confident and the team is confident. The normal tendency is people get carried away because of more expectations. People should not react more than what is necessary," he added. The convincing victory over Sri Lanka ensures that India face Australia in the best of three finals starting in Sydney on March 2 and Tendulkar emphasised the need for the top order to fire if they have to turn the tables against the world champions. The top order has been the Achilles' heel for India, largely annulling the fine show by the young bowlers so far in the series. Statistics: Tendulkar on the backfoot "We have to ensure that we do not lose early wickets against Australia. Only then we have a chance to beat them. "We have to plan our strategies for the finals. Brett Lee [images] has been bowling well, I think we have to work out how to tackle him." Tendulkar said the team is confident of doing well against the Australians. "We were down 51 for four [in the last match] and the boys came back fantastically to come closer to the target and score nearly 300." He was all praise of the young bowlers who have been spot on in the series so far. "They have doing a good job. Today also, we thought the pitch would do something early in the Lankan innings but it turned out to be an easy wicket. The young pacers bowled at the right areas and bundled them out for a paltry score." On his "uncharacteristic" dismissal while trying to hit Muttiah Muralitharan inside out, Tendulkar said he played the shot on earlier occasions against the same bowler but was done in this time by the lack of spin in the delivery. "I picked his [Murali's] doosra. I thought of hitting it inside out over the extra cover. Because of the hardness of the pitch, the ball did not turn much and I holed out," he said.

Well tendulkar needs to deliver against Australia , he has never scored 100 in australia in ODIs inspite of so many chances and let him help india win against Aussie for a change and then give quotes in media. somebody needs to tell Sachin media in not getting carried away by his failures the fact is he has never scored a hundred in Australia in four visits that shows something that he has not performed well in ODIS in Australia.Instead of telling media off he needs to show that he can win matches for India against Australia in Australia.

Sachin, why bother wasting your precious time over some retards ? Chill dude, relax, have fun and score lots of runs for India ! Then, these *expert* critics will as usual go into their hibernation, like they have always done in the last 20 years.

He would do better answering the critics with the bat rather than these statements. He never used to do that earlier. Only the last two years he has been doing that and I guess the pressure is telling and some insecurity has already crept in.
No. Harsha asked about it and he got the answer. It is not as if he called a press conference to announce it! And remember, he answered through words only AFTER answering through bat. But Sachin's critics are becoming too thick to understand the language of bat!

unfiltered 1989-2008 415 16153 186* 43.89 41 154 5/32 44.12 2 122 0 Profile filtered 1991-2008 20 513 86 25.65 0 3 1/29 79.33 0 11 0 These stats shows Sachin has failed to perform against Aussies through out his career , it is not just this series. Just a analogy for those who follow baseball Alex Rodriguez is highest paid baseball player and he has glorious stats to back that fact.But knock on him is he has never perfomed well when pressure is high and his post season stats are not great as compared to his regular season.Sachin was the best player in cricket for many years and knock on him always has been he never delivered when it mattered the most, this fact that he has never scored 100 in Australia proves that he is yet to deliver for India when they need him most at least in Australia.

And remember' date=' he answered through words only AFTER answering through bat.[/quote'] Wouldn't he have looked foolish if he answered this way and failed with the bat. The mounting criticism about his diminishing returns in runchases in ODI's is IMO affecting him. And do you expect the critics to let it pass and not question him as he keeps failing in runchases.
But Sachin's critics are becoming too thick to understand the language of bat!
And do you think that they will stop criticising him if he speaks like that. This way he is creating more pressure on himself.
Wouldn't he have looked foolish if he answered this way and failed with the bat. The mounting criticism about his diminishing returns in runchases in ODI's is IMO affecting him. And do you expect the critics to let it pass and not question him as he keeps failing in runchases. And do you think that they will stop criticising him if he speaks like that. This way he is creating more pressure on himself.
Nope. They won't stop. That is why MM is telling him not to waste his energy over some critics whose job is to keep wrting something and break all hell lose if he fails even in 3 ODIs. As far as I am concerned, I'd like Sachin to cut on these ODIs considerably so that he doesn't miss any test that India is playing this year. For me, he shouldn't have been playing this CB series too.
yep, he shud've, at the very least, waited till he scored a century against Aus in odis down under, and then said all this.
I can't believe I am saying this but I actually agree with fineleg about this criticism of Sachin. I'd prefer it if he didn't say anything. I know, I know, he was asked this in an interview ... its not like he held a press conference or anything, but i wish he just said something like "I am working on my batting, and I am confident of making runs" rather than saying the "too many brains" thing.
I can't believe I am saying this but I actually agree with fineleg about this criticism of Sachin. I'd prefer it if he didn't say anything. I know' date=' I know, he was asked this in an interview ... its not like he held a press conference or anything, but i wish he just said something like "I am working on my batting, and I am confident of making runs" rather than saying the "too many brains" thing.[/quote'] But bharat, with that statement he made, he will earn kudos from many ICF-ers like Predz..."Yeah Tendu, give it to those folkz..."

When are people going to learn. Dont slate the genius Sachin. You will only end up with egg on your face:hysterical: Its been happening for 17 years now. People slate him and he responds with genius knocks and they get egg on their face. You think some people would learn from their mistakes but people keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again, you have to question the intellect of people who keep making the same mistake again and again:hysterical:

A few threads ago...I was backing him for the first ever double century ODI when he was just looking like turning the corner...it didn't quite happen...but an unbeaten century will do me...the man is a champion. An out and out champion! By the way, there is still a chance for a double...I dream on in hope...

Most of the people mocking about Sachin's batting can not even hold the bat :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Honestly....I wonder how many of those people have played the game at a competitive level. How many of them know what it feels like when you stand with the bat in hand with the crowd cheering you? How many know the feeling when a ball whistles past your nose. How many know what it feels like when you time a cover drive to perfection? Those who have not played the game at least at school level should not be commenting on how it should be player.