Immigration - How cruel can it get

Rajiv

I became friendly to this physically disabled sardarji who works at a gas station close to work, last week he was excited and confident going to Chicago for his Canadian PR Interview He's a student working at a gas station ( with work permit ) and 15 days to finish his degree in Business Management I met him today and just can't stop feeling bad for the guy Just check out some of the idiocy from the immigration 1) The Form asked for some pay stubs, last years tax assessment or T-4 ( income earned in current year ) He took the former and was questioned about T-4, he said their own instructions say OR He offered to get a fax, his bad luck that he couldn't reach anyone at home and the officer said its NOW or NEVER 2) 3 years studied in some accredited Punjab University She said it's bogus and he must have purchased the degree, the guy was like I came to Canada after showing my education 3) How is he working even before finishing his degree He said, Canadian immigration gave him a work permit to work outside the campus ( and its allowed ) so how can it be illegal 4) His role number changed every year in those 3 years in that Punjab college Suspicion: Student ID cannot change Case closed in 15 mins, and in addition to refusing his application, she in turn said I will report to immigration that he has cheated them and he shouldn't be here in the first place The guy has polio and was like, why me? because I am Indian or Handicap I felt so bad for him but the immigration officer was a nutjob IMO ---------------- I have been through the same interview and all I can say, luck plays an very important role in all this, I had diploma and degree from US too so that kinda helped but nothing like this ****

Sad :( Are they gonna allow him to complete his degree now ? or will he be deported ?
His lawyer has offered to sue the officer but will cost him, but he's appealing this decision..I hope the judge understands ..frankly, for the unfortunate..I would prefer some flexibility as well

And that is the case with Canada where immigration is easier, relatively speaking compared to USA. I say these mother f&ck*ng Western countries have a huge chip over their shoulders when it comes to Immigration. Many immigrants dont even want to get a citizenship but only want to have some sort of status where they are exempt from work visa. Generally with work visa comes the issue of being taken by a ride by your employer. You dont like what he pays? Sure go and find another sponsor. If these countries only allowed the immigrants to work with respect a huge amount of peole will benefit from that. But of course they choose not to.

Lurkz, What you say is true. But they (the countriez) can also counter saying, if you dont like the way we treat you, then you can go back to your own country or to some other country. No one is forcing you to like our treatment. But ur point is correct.

What you say is true. But they (the countriez) can also counter saying, if you dont like the way we treat you, then you can go back to your own country or to some other country. No one is forcing you to like our treatment.
No they cant. Reason simply being these countries keep harping on how they embibe the rights for every living individuals(human rights) etc. So there is no reason how they can justify the ill-treatment of immigrants who are in the country legally. USA is the biggest culprit here. It calls itself "country of immigrants" and treats immigrants the worse possible way.

I hope his lawyer is good. It's very sad to see people working in the cold. There is an old desi uncle who works in a nearby gas station. Hetalks to my kids so affectinately. He misses his family so much, when he talks to my kids his eyes light up. Life's unfair sometimes.

I hope his lawyer is good. It's very sad to see people working in the cold. There is an old desi uncle who works in a nearby gas station. Hetalks to my kids so affectinately. He misses his family so much' date=' when he talks to my kids his eyes light up. Life's unfair sometimes.[/quote'] Yes it is specially true for elderly people. I have a feeling that often the closeness to India factor is so much more pronounced in elderly people. Personally if I walk past an Indian at local Wal Mart I wouldnt even glance, most likely he wouldnt either. However if its an elderly couple they would almost always look at me, sometimes I wonder if I should just walk across and talk to each of them. I know just by the look that most of them will probably like it.

You should hear my parents go on about Canada. Worst country in the world to live in their opinion. My dad was a Forest Officer in India, and Canada has 50% forests in the land (india has 9) and he applied for 100's of jobs and he didnt even get one interview, with 19 years of experience, in the end had to work in celestica like 100's of other doctors and engineers. They way they treat the talented of India is a facking joke. So glad we live in UK now.