Is Venkatesh Prasad doing a good job?

Maybe yes. I dont know, since mostly its behind the scenes. Is he responsible for I.S.' good form??? IMO, It would *still* help to have Wasim Akram as a bowling consultant periodically atleast. Our bowling can go from strength to strength. Plus W.Akram will be big help for Irfan Pathan.

Venky has done wonders of IS. The slower ball that dismissed Symmo and led to the Pointer drama.. was a new incarnation for IS and he admitted to working on the ball with Venky. Venky has definitly impoved the control of the indian bowlers.. I am not sure Irfan needs help from Akram or from god to give him pace..

ikp needs help he is very important to our team composition, and we need to have him raring
He is not using his front arm; this gives him pace but loses him accuracy and maybe swing. The only proper solution (where he can have it all) will be long and arduous, the question is whether India will risk it.

Prasad has done a great job. The two new fast bwlers, Ishant and Praveen kumar did so well in this series. There was a time when new fast bowers to the Indian Team would get hammered in a few matches and then just disappear. The credit for better performances from new fast bowlers definetely goes to Prasad.

Pathan is not used well by Dhoni.... the first 10 overs need to be bowled by swing bowlers and more importantly, the middle overs have to be bowled by hitting the deck kinda bowlers... Pathan loses the bite in the middle overs because he cant hit the deck hard and seam the ball... one of Zak/RP/Ishant are ideal for middle overs and Kumar/Sreesanth/Pathan are best for first 10 overs,... Talking abt Prasad, he has worked wonders on all of them... he needs to work more on regaining Sreesonic's rhythm, and increase Kumar's pace a lil...

Pathan is not used well by Dhoni.... the first 10 overs need to be bowled by swing bowlers and more importantly, the middle overs have to be bowled by hitting the deck kinda bowlers... Pathan loses the bite in the middle overs because he cant hit the deck hard and seam the ball... one of Zak/RP/Ishant are ideal for middle overs and Kumar/Sreesanth/Pathan are best for first 10 overs,... Talking abt Prasad, he has worked wonders on all of them... he needs to work more on regaining Sreesonic's rhythm, and increase Kumar's pace a lil...
Nice Point on Dhoni and Pathan
well analyzed and expressed. A point to be noted and taken care of.

Actually i disagree on using Pathan first up.. This was the previous incarnation of the failed experiment where Pathan was made into a strike bowler and never lived up to.. Praveen and Ishant have done well in the first 10 overs keeping good line and lenghts and getting crutial break throughs.. not sure Dhoni will change that any time soon. Infact pathan is a better utility in the middle overs because of his change of pace.. He needs to learn a bit of Seam bowling and he could be a complete one day and T20 package with his much improved batting. For Test matches ... i dont think he fits in the side in any way.. especailly with RP, Ishant, Sree, Pravin Kumar competing for 2 or 3 of the places..

We have been noticing substantial difference in the way our bowlers are bowling since Prasad has take over.... The improvement in the fielding is also visible because of Robin Singh. Please let the credit go wherever it is due. Rohit Sharma, RU and SR were fielding very well. Only guy who was not at his best on the field was Yuvi. but he did a good job giving us one wkt. But bowlers are bowling in the right areas. They are keeping it very cool even after getting hit. IS and SS were using very controlled aggression when they staired or just walked little closer to the batsmen. It was awesome....Please tell me when did we terrorised batting side with our bowling. I mean 1 odd 317 innings out of 8-10 games is nothing. Even we managed 300 runs in that innings. But other than that, it was 250 and below. Sometimes even below 200. I would pay Prasad and Robin Singh better than hiring anyone else. And BCCI/Selectors should give lot more credit to these two...

I think we need a bit of pace with atleast one of the two opening bowlers. Ishant and Kumar, or Sreesanth and Kumar, or Sreesanth and Ishant

I believe Venky is doing a good job. I went to a few matches this summer. One of the matches I went to was the Ind vs Lanka match in Canberra. After the match, I went to the teams hotel and met all the players, and as many players went out to have dinner, I saw Venky sitting there for about an hour with a disconsolate Sreesanth (who had just lost the game for India) and helping him (I could tell from afar that they were discussing his bowling as Venky was showing different wrist positions and release positions). Im not sure about other coaches, but I found that to be a quite dedicated effort by Venkatesh Prasad. I also went to a team training session in Sydney (before the first final) and observed how Venkatesh was helping out all the bowlers throughout the net session.

Venky and Robin Singh have done excellent work so far. Imagine if it were Akram or even the high profile coaches were involved with this team. They will have snatched the headlines and the players would hardly have got any credit for it. I'm glad India did not employ any high profile coaches that like media attention like Greg Chappell. Venky has been instrumental in getting IS to bowl the leg cutters and the one which straightens. IS, IKP, Sreesanth and the rest of the fast bowlers have been using a lot of slower ones effectively. This is something that was missing with these bowlers before. It is great to see variety in the bowler's armour and Venky has done a stellar job in helping bowlers achieve this.