India has chased only once this WC and struggled.

17 hours ago, maniac said:

Aus,Pak and Nzl all 3 have good bowling line ups and if they limp their way to even 250+ don’t you think they will fancy their chances against our middle order?

I thought we already beat Aus and Pak.  We didn't chase, but so what - we beat them.  We are for sure a better side than Pak and on par or slightly better than Aus.  It's probably easier to beat them batting first but the better team usually finds a way to win no matter what.

Bump. As I said we got lucky so far. 

England the original favorites at the start  were boneheaded to chase against Pak or else they would have qualified by now and they lost 2 more games apart from that chasing vs Aus and SL.

Aus lost their only game chasing.

Nzl lost to Aus chasing.

WI had to chase in 2 crucial games vs Ind and Nzl which they almost pulled off.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Bump. As I said we got lucky so far. 

England the original favorites at the start  were boneheaded to chase against Pak or else they would have qualified by now and they lost 2 more games apart from that chasing vs Aus and SL.

Aus lost their only game chasing.

Nzl lost to Aus chasing.

WI had to chase in 2 crucial games vs Ind and Nzl which they almost pulled off.

I agree we have been lucky so far. remains to be seen whether this luck will hold out in the KOs. chasing anything over 250 will be very difficult and will depend heavily on Rohit.

I don't think WI almost pulled it off against Ind - they made 143 in all. When they were batting, for most of the time they were not really in the game. One wicket and the floodgates would open, because most of their batsmen are too flaky for ODI cricket.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:14 AM, Stuge said:

I'm sure if we have to bowl first ,our bowlers will do magic .

Our bowlers had off day  today ,especially spinners ,and everything went haywire from there on .

Edited by Stuge
6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I agree we have been lucky so far. remains to be seen whether this luck will hold out in the KOs. chasing anything over 250 will be very difficult and will depend heavily on Rohit.

I don't think WI almost pulled it off against Ind - they made 143 in all. When they were batting, for most of the time they were not really in the game. One wicket and the floodgates would open, because most of their batsmen are too flaky for ODI cricket.

He meant against NZ .

On 6/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, maniac said:

I don't see us chasing 275+ scores.

We limped our way to chase a subpar target against a washed up SA side where one batsman scored half the runs. Even Pak has managed to chase a sub par total yesterday.

We have not been tested here yet.

The big teams Aus,Eng,SA and Pak have all fumbled chasing big scores. I think only Bangladesh has chased a big total.

Hopefully we get this out of the way in the next few games or else we will be caught right in the jugular in the knockouts similar to CT.

There is a difference between chasing 275+ and 330+. No team can chase 330+ in these conditions, not even England.

3 minutes ago, Insidious said:

There is a difference between chasing 275+ and 330+. No team can chase 330+ in these conditions, not even England.

There is a difference between failing by trying like England’s chase against Pak and totally shutting shop and accepting incompetence case in point today.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

There is a difference between failing by trying like England’s chase against Pak and totally shutting shop and accepting incompetence case in point today.

Yeah they should have tried . But the end result would have been the same. No team in the world can chase 100 plus runs in 10 overs on that pitch.

Dhoni has always been dud in 300+ chases. Tell me a single contribution of Dhoni in any of our 300+ chases. You won't find any.

3 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Yeah they should have tried . But the end result would have been the same. No team in the world can chase 100 plus runs in 10 overs on that pitch.

Dhoni has always been dud in 300+ chases. Tell me a single contribution of Dhoni in any of our 300+ chases. You won't find any.

And all of us would have made peace with that. The way we lost is worrying.