The Heroes Welcome @ Delhi

Rajiv

Ridiculous. What is the need for celebrations like these ? I guess this is what happens when a nation like India' date=' so often deprived of sporting success, finally wins something significant.[/quote'] When New York Giants won and celebrated in the same way , I recall you didn't have a problem , did you ? So, why now ?
When New York Giants won and celebrated in the same way ' date=' I recall you didn't have a problem , did you ? So, why now ?[/quote'] Oh my god. Are you seriously comparing a victory in one of the biggest spectacles in world sport, namely the Superbowl, to some triangular series which nobody but the two countries participating in it cared about and followed closely ? The stadiums at Sydney and Brisbane weren't even full to capacity - that should tell you all you need to know. Please don't reply to this. I didn't say a word against the celebrations when India won the T20 World Cup. That was a big event which involved all the major cricket playign nations, it was of far greater significance than this CB Series was. I don't recall England staging victory parades in Trafalgar Square when they won the CB Series ? Honestly, if India want to become a top cricket team they need to make winning a HABIT, and you only do this by moving on quickly and thinking forward to the next task at hand (SA at home). What's done is done. India are treating these series wins as one-off surprises.
Oh my god. Are you seriously comparing a victory in one of the biggest spectacles in world sport, namely the Superbowl, to some triangular series which nobody but the two countries participating in it cared about and followed closely ? The stadiums at Sydney and Brisbane weren't even full to capacity - that should tell you all you need to know. Please don't reply to this. I didn't say a word against the celebrations when India won the T20 World Cup. That was a big event which involved all the major cricket playign nations, it was of far greater significance than this CB Series was. I don't recall England staging victory parades in Trafalgar Square when they won the CB Series ? Honestly, if India want to become a top cricket team they need to make winning a HABIT, and you only do this by moving on quickly and thinking forward to the next task at hand (SA at home). What's done is done. India are treating these series wins as one-off surprises.
ya, but their team got MBE's, which is the 3rd highest civilian award for winning a stupid ashes series for the 1st time in 20 years.
ya' date=' but their team got MBE's, which is the 3rd highest civilian award for winning a stupid ashes series for the 1st time in 20 years.[/quote'] The Ashes isn't "stupid". It's been around since this game was invented, and it's arguably the greatest rivalry in world cricket. Englishmen and Aussies cherish their Ashes wins just as much as they would a World Cup. And don't give me some cliched bullsh it about India vs Pakistan, because it's become a joke now. Any element of rivalry that existed in the past has evaporated. Watching Indian fans holding hands with p akis and waving each other's flags makes me want to puke. The only rivalry you see is between the dumbasses on stupid internet forums
The Ashes isn't "stupid". It's been around since this game was invented, and it's arguably the greatest rivalry in world cricket. Englishmen and Aussies cherish their Ashes wins just as much as they would a World Cup. And don't give me some cliched bullsh it about India vs Pakistan, because it's become a joke now. Any element of rivalry that existed in the past has evaporated. Watching Indian fans holding hands with p akis and waving each other's flags makes me want to puke. The only rivalry you see is between the dumbasses on stupid internet forums
Yes Indo-Pak is a joke. But is cricket actually popular enough in England for them to get an MBE for one facking series. Only a minority actually care about cricket, the majority couldnt less about cricket and the ashes. You see British people who r very old who get MBE for the many years they have put into whatever they were doing not for 1 month of work. Those people must be disgusted. Like Shane Warne said, collingwood got an MBE for scoring 7 at the Oval.
Oh my god. Are you seriously comparing a victory in one of the biggest spectacles in world sport, namely the Superbowl, to some triangular series which nobody but the two countries participating in it cared about and followed closely ? The stadiums at Sydney and Brisbane weren't even full to capacity - that should tell you all you need to know. Please don't reply to this. I didn't say a word against the celebrations when India won the T20 World Cup. That was a big event which involved all the major cricket playign nations, it was of far greater significance than this CB Series was. I don't recall England staging victory parades in Trafalgar Square when they won the CB Series ? Honestly, if India want to become a top cricket team they need to make winning a HABIT, and you only do this by moving on quickly and thinking forward to the next task at hand (SA at home). What's done is done. India are treating these series wins as one-off surprises.
hmm ... how many countries play American Football ? 1, in Canada it is mostly american expats who play it/ So lpease feed me bo garbage abt world spectacle.. Yanks have a stupid habit of calling anything a world championship irrespective of whether any other country actually participates in it or not.

It basically tells us that Indians have a lot of time on their hands. For overseas Indians cricket games mean staying awake all night watching the game, dragging their ar$e to work the next day and fighting on the message boards while at work. The lot will spend hours watching cricket day in and day out and when they are not watching they are discussing it. Now ask the same set of people to do a set of pushups every morning for 5 minutes and see what happens. No wonder we are a country of expanding waistlines! Same is the case in India. Actually worse since it is easier to follow games in India. I know it cos I used to do the same. So not surprised to see people leaving their everyday jobs to go check out Indian team :((

Honestly, if India want to become a top cricket team they need to make winning a HABIT, and you only do this by moving on quickly and thinking forward to the next task at hand (SA at home). What's done is done. India are treating these series wins as one-off surprises.
England test series victory? Check. T20 WC victory? Check. Pakistan ODI & test series victory? Check. Australia CB series victory? Check. And that's not to forget the hard fought home odi series against the aussies and the controversial test series which we all know the real result. Looks like indian cricket has been doing everything right the last eight months so your whole argument is a bit baseless.
Oh my god. Are you seriously comparing a victory in one of the biggest spectacles in world sport, namely the Superbowl, to some triangular series which nobody but the two countries participating in it cared about and followed closely ? The stadiums at Sydney and Brisbane weren't even full to capacity - that should tell you all you need to know. Please don't reply to this.
world sport?? you gotta be kidding...since when did the world start watching NFL? Nobody cares about NFL outside America.
Yes Indo-Pak is a joke. But is cricket actually popular enough in England for them to get an MBE for one facking series. Only a minority actually care about cricket' date=' the majority couldnt less about cricket and the ashes..[/quote'] ???? The stadiums were packed to capacity for each and every test. Not to mention the thousands and thousands who were outside the stadium. The massive victory parade afterwards also tells me that a few people did actually care. Anyway, who gives a sh it about England and what they do. Does England set the standard for the India ? No they don't. I couldn't care less what their people do to felicitate their cricketers.
hmm ... how many countries play American Football ? 1, in Canada it is mostly american expats who play it/ So lpease feed me bo garbage abt world spectacle.. Yanks have a stupid habit of calling anything a world championship irrespective of whether any other country actually participates in it or not.
Whatever man. You are wrong, but i won't bother entertaining these weak arguments. You can say whatever you like about the Superbowl, but the fact is that the CB Series doesn't even remotely compare to it. I find it hilarious that the analogy was even made. Most people in Australia didn't even care to support their team and the stadiums were about half full at best and that tells me all i need to know. Indians have too much time on their hands.
???? The stadiums were packed to capacity for each and every test. Not to mention the thousands and thousands who were outside the stadium. The massive victory parade afterwards also tells me that a few people did actually care. Anyway, who gives a sh it about England and what they do. Does England set the standard for the India ? No they don't. I couldn't care less what their people do to felicitate their cricketers. Whatever man. You are wrong, but i won't bother entertaining these weak arguments. You can say whatever you like about the Superbowl, but the fact is that the CB Series doesn't even remotely compare to it. I find it hilarious that the analogy was even made. Most people in Australia didn't even care to support their team and the stadiums were about half full at best and that tells me all i need to know. Indians have too much time on their hands.
my argument is weak ... possibly although yours is a non-starter. World spectacle ... what lala land do you live in ?
England test series victory? Check. T20 WC victory? Check. Pakistan ODI & test series victory? Check. Australia CB series victory? Check. And that's not to forget the hard fought home odi series against the aussies and the controversial test series which we all know the real result. Looks like indian cricket has been doing everything right the last eight months so your whole argument is a bit baseless.
You didn't even understand my argument and your reply has no relevance to anything i have said.