Ishant Sharma - post Australia tour

i agree with ishant... i spent three years weight training to pack on pounds arond my shoulders and arms. as a result, the weight on my back and the impact of landing on my left foot repeatedly has given me a plethora of problems. stick with a thin, fit, low body fat percentage frame.

I don't care if he doesn't follow Buchanan's advice, but I'd like him to follow the Indian team physiotherapist's advice since he's the one contracted to ensure that Ishant Sharma doesn't go down the road which Nehra and Balaji are on. All players need international match time to be the great ones, not the rest or the domestic matches on the comeback trail.

He doesn't look Underweight ..may be its bcoz of his Height.
i dont think muscle is what he necessarily needs ... but he needs to be highly conditioned and he might need to alter his action slightly since right now he puts tremendous strain on his left knee which essentially buckles outward at opint of delivery. That is a disaster waiting to happen .... Curtly was thin and wiry .... i think he did alright and was quite durable over 10-11 yrs

I brace myself for something dramatic every time Ishant opens his mouth in front of the non-hindi press, coz a) English is not his forte and b) He is just 19. I dont exactly understand what he means when he says " I dont need any more muscles" Fortunately or unfortunately, whether he likes it or not, he will soon discover, as the number of candles on top of his b'day cake increases, that his muscles also increase in size. That is just natural. I sincerely hope that the vast numbers of youngsters in our team, who would have been blinded by all the glitz, glamor and attention of playing intnl. cricket for India, get some sensible mentoring that makes sure they stay on their feet. There is a realistic possibility that any one of these youngsters are overwhelmed by the sudden surge in their popularity and do something stupid and dangerous, like drug abuse, like it often happens in the West.