Walking in Melbourne, Yarra River

OzGirl

On 9/13/2019 at 3:43 AM, OzGirl said:

Are you backpacking? Living in 2 star hotels? Or 5 star hotels? It really depends.

But Australia is a very expensive country.

what a strange statement to write unless you arent an aussie

think about it, being an India i would never write India is a very expensive place now i could write mumbai or delhi are expensive compared to rest of country or australia is very expensive (compared to pakistan)

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

think about it, being an India i would never write India is a very expensive place now i could write mumbai or delhi are expensive compared to rest of country or australia is very expensive (compared to pakistan)

Most Aussies find Australia is expensive, country towns are a little cheaper but not by much maybe 5 - 10% cheaper. When you compare Australia to Asia then Australia is expensive, even to some parts of Europe for that matter.

Edited by OzGirl

Most Aussies find Australia is expensive, country towns are a little cheaper but not by much maybe 5 - 10% cheaper. When you compare Australia to Asia then Australia is expensive, even to some parts of Europe for that matter.
Interesting. So you lived in Asia? If yes, which country? When you say cheap or expensive I assume you are talking about cost of living.

I personally feel one gets the essence of a place only when one have lived there for a while. Visiting a place as a tourist doesn't give you enough understanding to compare it to a place where you lived. It's afterall cost of "living".

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, nikred said:

Interesting. So you lived in Asia? If yes, which country? When you say cheap or expensive I assume you are talking about cost of living.

I personally feel one gets the essence of a place only when one have lived there for a while. Visiting a place as a tourist doesn't give you enough understanding to compare it to a place where you lived. It's afterall cost of "living".

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have lived in Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, yep cost of living in Australia is very high, hence my comment. Spent about 5.5 years altogether in those countries, working.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, Ranvir said:

If the aborigines were still in the majority and were controlling the country then no Indian would want to move there. The 'convicts' made Australia what it is today. Otherwise it would be another Samoa or Papau New Guinea.

Altho’ this is NAR, the same experience was meted out to aborigines of Australia. They have eradicated all of their culture and traditions, orphaned kids and converted by missionaries. It is a sad tale in all those countries where the west is now thriving. 

On 9/15/2019 at 4:10 PM, jf1gp_1 said:

She's not wrong. 

Tomatoes are $10/Kilo. What a rip off.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You got to be exaggerating.  Even at expensive organic stores tomatoes in US is about 4-5 USD per KG . Usually pay 0.99 per lb or 1.29 per lb. 

This seems more like it

https://www.numbeo.com/food-prices/country_result.jsp?country=Australia

I wish I was exaggerating. 

I pay $8.90/kilo for tomatoes. Stock standard stuff. Not the organic ones. 

Tomato pappu, Tomato pacchidi, Tomato base for curries - It all adds up.