Over merging

Thanks for that post beetle. I guess I was getting too big for my boots. I certainly don't want moderators to be treated like gods and mods aren't different from other posters. We are all equal here. I think Dhondy's suggestion about hands off is a good one. Merging is necessary when 10 threads on the same issue(e.g congratulations India) exist. The distinction needs to be made between threads like 'Harbhajan-Symonds spat' and 'Why Symonds was wrong' type of threads. It would be useful though if everyone could take a cursory glance at the first page before starting threads on topics that might already exist.
Are you a mod?:P Didn't mean you......:) Anyways ...Best Wishes.
Don't get over emotional Rajeev. Don't mean any one mod..... And if I have any major issues ...I will PM. If you don't want people posting on this issue ....just say it.
That is the Best Way To Solve Problems.................:beer-bottle::hatsoff:
Nevermind, I was only supporting the right thing of merging similar threads .can't waste time on discussing an issue of common sense and logic
So posters who think you are over merging have no common sense or logic? All posters are saying if their are victory threads then fine merge them. No one is arguing against this. But threads which have diff themes but are being merged in to one big one should not be merged. No harm in listening to posters and criticism were it is valid. One improves if this is done. As posters we have a different view of things and it is sensible to listen to these views at times were it means improvement. All well run things get feedback from its users and improve upon this!
OK, then its all about ego then I start a thread, right..say "sachin scored a 100" Vignesh starts a thread " What a century by the master" In the 1st thread, 4 ppl responded and in urs there were like 5! Tell me, which one has life and which one doesn't?
Agree ... It is one thing to merge impulsive threads on match days and most people don't mind that. But to merge threads just because they seem to be discussing same person or similar topics is a bit too much. .....
What beetle said is correct. Pretty much no one minds merging "impulsive" 5 threads same-day on India has won!!!! 20 threads in 20 minutes on What a Master Blaster SRT - century yay!!! threads on match days. Those merging are fine. But *dont* merge threads like "Overall Team selection discussion" and "Why sehwag should be selected for Test-2" type threads...They may seem similar, but just leave it separate please. Hands off where as much as possible. Match-day-excitement-exuberance-threads-merging is quite acceptable.