Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh and Aaron for 6 years and Bumrah and Srinath for 2 years, have done it.

Saini, Prasidh and Tyagi have this ability too.

Not sure if Mavi has the mindset to be a 145 k+ pacer.

Avesh? I think he is fast as well.

Khalil was fast but become another Munaf Patel.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Lee had 2-3 actions.Didn't look slinging to me

Lee is a slinger. He had two actions in international cricket. One he used till 2003 and one after that. Both were slinging. Thing is people don't even know who is a slinger. These are technical terms people use vaguely without actually knowing.

Edited by rkt.india
11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Slinging is not a term associated with cricket alone. In fact, it is not a true cricketing term.

Bumrah is the MOST slinging bowler I have EVER seen in cricket. ( leaving aside that bowler in Lagaan )

He actually rotates his arm 180 degrees + 360 degrees before bowling. 

That is true slinging. 

All the other pacers, whom you call slingers, are only semi-slingers 

You are calling Bumrah a slinger because of this. This is his loading. Being a front on bowler, he can't be a slinger.  Slinging is how your arm release the ball after loading. Loading doesn't make anyone a slinger. Usually arm goes down below waste. 

Screenshot_2021-09-05-00-06-36-70.jpg

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

All seriously express pacers have been slingers. Thommo, Shoaib, Lee, Tait, Fidel Edwards. Only slingers can hit express pace of 155k or more. 

Some bowlers like Nortje, Archer, Starc have hit odd ball at 155 but not many deliveries in that range. Though Starc is quite close to a slinger without actually being a slinger.

Shane Bond was I think one exception. Also, currently, Mark Wood. 

Jofra Archer is interesting. He generates so much pace without seemingly even trying. I am sure he can go to 155 if he wants. Not sure after his latest injury now.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

You are calling Bumrah a slinger because of this. This is his loading. Being a front on bowler, he can't be a slinger.  Slinging is how your arm release the ball after loading. Loading doesn't make anyone a slinger. Usually arm goes down below waste. 

Screenshot_2021-09-05-00-06-36-70.jpg

You need to check how an actual SLING works before terming anyone as not slinging.

As I said, slinging is not a true cricketing term.

Slinging essentially involves attaching a weight to a sling ... rotating it 360 degrees multiple times to gain momentum ... and then releasing it.

What many of these quick.pacers like Thomson have done is much more close to a javelin throw action.

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Shane Bond was I think one exception. Also, currently, Mark Wood. 

Jofra Archer is interesting. He generates so much pace without seemingly even trying. I am sure he can go to 155 if he wants. Not sure after his latest injury now.

Shane Bond was also a side on bowler though not a slinger. He was similar to likes of Archer, Starc, Wood, Lockie, etc. Fast but not in category of Akhtar, Lee, Tait.

Edited by rkt.india
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

You don't know how a real life sling works.

Almost every one has played with slingshots. Slingshot stretch backwards. It is called delayed arm in fast bowling. Bumrah doesn't have that. You have to get side on to sling. Front on can't be a slinger. This is just principal. Front on cannot be a slinger. Bumrah loads his arm up straight and just rotates. where is the sling in that? There is no stretch backwards, no arm delay. 

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Almost every one has played with slingshots. Slingshot stretch backwards. It is called delayed arm in fast bowling. Bumrah doesn't have that. You have to get side on to sling. Front on can't be a slinger. This is just principal. Front on cannot be a slinger. Bumrah loads his arm up straight and just rotates. where is the sling in that? There is no stretch backwards, no arm delay. 

What slingshots produce is actually more of a catapulting action.

Check my video above for a true sling.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is how a real life sling works.

Slinging bowling action is actually a misnomer in cricket.

From your post.

Look at that side on position. Right shoulder is closed. Throwing arm is stretched backwards. Bumrah has no such thing. You are confusing his loading of bowling arm going straight up as sling. Loading isn't sling.

Screenshot_2021-09-05-00-30-27-58.jpg

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

From your post.

Look at that side on position. Right shoulder is closed. Throwing arm is stretched backwards. Bumrah has no such thing. You are confusing his loading of bowling arm going straight up as sling. Loading isn't sling.

Screenshot_2021-09-05-00-30-27-58.jpg

I am talking about the actual sling in action.  Forget about bowling for a while and see how it works.

And this action would produce high speeds.

Edited by express bowling

My real life example. I have my whole life been so obsessed with fast bowling that I am trying to create slingy express pacer for India myself. Whether I succeed or not is a different thing because a lot of it is a genetic thing. Either you are born with those attributes or not.

Screenshot_2021-09-05-00-34-34-85.jpg

Edited by rkt.india
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I am talking about the actual sling in action.  Forget about bowling for a while and see how it works.

You are ignoring the most important aspect of sling which is arm position. Rotation is not sling. Position of arm is what makes one a slinger. The biggest rule is front on bowlers can't be slingers because they don't spend enough time on backfoot. They go through the backfoot contact quickly.