No Gambhir in test squad, WTF!

How the hell can he not be in squad. He is the right age and in red hot form. Great fielder as well. He has proved his worth in odis and is more then ready for the side let alone squad. He could bat anywhere from opener down. This guy needs a run and I have been saying this for well over a year! How Jaffer and Yuvraj have been picked over him is a disgrace! What the hell does he have to do to be picked!

How the hell can he not be in squad. He is the right age and in red hot form. Great fielder as well. He has proved his worth in odis and is more then ready for the side let alone squad. He could bat anywhere from opener down. This guy needs a run and I have been saying this for well over a year! How Jaffer and Yuvraj have been picked over him is a disgrace! What the hell does he have to do to be picked!
Gambhir could have come only in place of one of the seniors. It seems unlikely that selectors would drop any of the seniors unless Indian team loses or one of them fails. Or when one of the seniors retire gracefully like Gilchrist did. The last one seems the most unlikely :haha:
Well' date=' the useless Yuseless-in-Tests is occupying one useful slot.[/quote'] Did you mean Mr.Irresponsible i.e. Yuvraj Singh should have been dropped? Yeah that could have been done too. Indian Team is no place for players who play acoording to their whims and give less than 100%.But this decision(to drop Yuvi) would have needed a lot of courage from the selectors. It would have sent a strong message to each member of the team.
Did you mean Mr.Irresponsible i.e. Yuvraj Singh should have been dropped? Yeah that could have been done too. Indian Team is no place for players who play acoording to their whims and give less than 100%. But this decision(to drop Yuvi) would have needed a lot of courage from the selectors. It would have sent a strong message to each member of the team.
Yes, I'm referring to the same Mr. Inflated-Ego. I dont agree deczn to drop him needed a lot of courage. It just needed common sense in looking at how poorly he has utilized Test chances given to him. Chances that others would beg for, but his Bollywoodness has been granted so easily.

Why go on about an average player who didn't set the world alight when he was playing for India? End of story for Chopra now - need IPL or ICL to secure his future. Please stop talking about a player who as much chance of playing for India as I have :D

dude pls understand the facts that tests and odis are different in tests, im pretty sure that if ghambhir doesnt score runs in a period of 10-15 ballls hell start being a braninless slog remember in odis, in every innings, how many times did he escape :) y not give a chance to badrinath over yuvi and jaffer and ghambhir

dude pls understand the facts that tests and odis are different in tests, im pretty sure that if ghambhir doesnt score runs in a period of 10-15 ballls hell start being a braninless slog remember in odis, in every innings, how many times did he escape :) y not give a chance to badrinath over yuvi and jaffer and ghambhir
Dude please understand that I know they are different! And that I think he will score and is more suited to tests then odis! Thanks dude!

Nope, Gambhir HAS to wait, he has no choice. A few good scores in 20/20s and ODIs dont guarantee you an automatic selection in tests. Yuvraj Singh has been in red-hot form in ODIs for the last 30 months, yet didnt play a single test in England and played only the last against Pakistan. That is the kind of competition there is, for the test batting spots. The seniors have done well and deserve their places. However, all this must be putting tremendous pressure on the Old brigade. There are now so many youngsters waiting in the wings that even a solitary failure could raise questions. Dravid has been lucky coz, at a time when his batting form has slumped badly, India still managed to win test series'.IF he fails against S.Africa and India lose, I doubt if he will hold his spot for the next series.

Chopra has been terribly unlucky, he has been making runs in the millions this season and yet does not even find a spot in the squad. But the thing is, I have seen Chopra play at the international level and frankly, he wasnt too impressive. Of course, he could have gotten better since then, but how much can a player change ? At the least, the selectors must offer him a central contract. He is definitely amongst the top 25 cricket players of our country.

A few good scores!!!! He has scored tons in oz when the heat was on. Yes tests are different then odis but you can get a real good guide of the class, temperament etc from odis. He has performed and has also scored bags loads of runs in first class cricket, A tours and challeneger trophy. He has earnt his chance and not getting it is a disgrace. I was slammed a year back by posters as I demanded his inclusion in all teams. I was mocked. He delivered! I tell you this fella is more of a test player then odi player. He needs his chance. I am stunned at his exclusion.

WJ was a failure in Test level as well and fought back into Team by making runs in domestics.... AC was not exactly failure , just like Laxman he had the pressure for his place for Yuvi those days and Yuvi/Parthiv went on to open

He also proved to be an outstanding close-in fielder, invoking comparisons with the legendary Eknath Solkar. Unfortunately, the advent of Yuvraj Singh as a match-turning batsman on the tour of Pakistan in 2004 meant that Chopra was relegated to the status of squad player. He was dropped from the team after an unimpressive performance in the home series against Australia in 2004.