Shaheen Afridi Gets Mocked By Australian Journalist After He Struggled To Speak In English

Aiden

6 hours ago, Khota said:

And you prove my point. 100 years of Indian cricket and that is the only name that comes up all the time.

We also had 1 fast bowler n now we have 20 bowlers who can touch 145, the culture was missing, I see many multi dimensional cricketers coming up now, Dubey, Shankar, Pandya I rage him highly, Mavi and Nagarkoti could be , 

Edited by MCcricket
4 hours ago, MCcricket said:

We also had 1 fast bowler n now we have 20 bowlers who can touch 145, the culture was missing, I see many multi dimensional cricketers coming up now, Dubey, Shankar, Pandya I rage him highly, Mavi and Nagarkoti could be , 

20 bowlers touching 145 is to be expected. 20 all rounders is a pipe dream.

I frequently get mocked on this forum when I state that you need two different types of human bodies that can bowl or bat. It is impossible to do both.

A convenient example is someone who competes in 100/200 m in olympics finds it difficult to compete in 400 m. And to run marathon it is a completely  different body structure.

Shankar was a bust. Dubey will be a bust and Pandya will be hit and miss.

Not saying its a sin but always wonder why only Pakistani players cant speak English. Every player from India, BD, SL or even AFg speaks in English or atleast broken English but Pakistanis cant. Why?

We should always be proud of our culture/language but one need to accept that English is the globally accepted language and not being able to speak a single line in this day and age is embarrasing. And before people bring Messi and other Latin American footballers in comparison , those countries were never an English colony...so its somehow understandable. A south asian country like Pakistan not speaking english is bit difficult to digest.

18 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Not saying its a sin but always wonder why only Pakistani players cant speak English. Every player from India, BD, SL or even AFg speaks in English or atleast broken English but Pakistanis cant. Why?

We should always be proud of our culture/language but one need to accept that English is the globally accepted language and not being able to speak a single line in this day and age is embarrasing. And before people bring Messi and other Latin American footballers in comparison , those countries were never an English colony...so its somehow understandable. A south asian country like Pakistan not speaking english is bit difficult to digest.

That is a choice they made. Europeans do speak some English but Spanish speaking people could care less. French absolutely hate it and that is another extreme.

Us desis have a lot of complex. Growing up kids going to convent schools could speak english and were considered better. Folks like us coming from middle class background and struggling to make ends meet were always looked down upon. It has to do more with the shallow culture of India than superiority of a language. I for one love punjabi and I was always intrigued by Bengali.

16 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

Shaheen should get credit for speaking in English, despite not being comfortable with it. He is trying to get better at something he is not good at. Meanwhile the  journalist has shown that he can’t learn anything- just happy being a smug little idiot.

Most journalists use twitter for networking and building 'popularity'. This moron was catering to his market by making this 'joke'.  

6 hours ago, Khota said:

20 bowlers touching 145 is to be expected. 20 all rounders is a pipe dream.

I frequently get mocked on this forum when I state that you need two different types of human bodies that can bowl or bat. It is impossible to do both.

A convenient example is someone who competes in 100/200 m in olympics finds it difficult to compete in 400 m. And to run marathon it is a completely  different body structure.

Shankar was a bust. Dubey will be a bust and Pandya will be hit and miss.

It ain't a oxymoron, odds r less but when If have a combinations of skills with athletecism, the biggest limitation is what it takes out of your body and not the ability, forgot Chris Cairns, Vettori even Sehwag to me was underrated spinner and better then a Jayant Yadav or Sundar

Edited by MCcricket
3 hours ago, MCcricket said:

It ain't a oxymoron, odds r less but when If have a combinations of skills with athletecism, the biggest limitation is what it takes out of your body and not the ability, forgot Chris Cairns, Vettori even Sehwag to me was underrated spinner and better then a Jayant Yadav or Sundar

When we were playing street cricket the best atletic guy was the allrounder. Butthat is street level. Once you progress to professional ranks not only do you need different body frames but the skill set is so unique to develop that you cannot excel in two formats. You do not have time to develop in two formats. Due to amatureism in cricket you still see it but it does not heppen in any other sport.