3rd ODI, West Indies tour of India at Cuttack, Dec 22 2019 01:30 PM IST

tweaker

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how many times have u used this word fluke so poorely

pandya made fluke 90+ in Sa ......ok pick that innings n find me how many were edges. Now how cant better batsman like dhaawan n rohit fluke a 50 in Sa after 2 tours

Nonsense

Now take jaddu n pandya innings in Ct n Wc....which shot was fluke....it was pure skill

when u find middle of bat to make 50+ runs its not fluke ....its called good batting

Every player has skill. I don’t think on pure ability Kohli is not that different from say Manish Pandey. Temparament,confidence, pressure handling ability,reading situations is what sets great  players apart from mediocre ones.

The fact is those were no pressure situations.

Shardul Thakurs 15 runs today are way better than Pandyas 70 odd. It was entertaining no doubt but there was no calculation,it was just him having fun as the game was over.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pandya was smacking Shadab and Fakhar Zaman. It was entertaining that’s about it. You seemed to be super impressed by that but I have seen way more cricket than you and I know what exactly standing up is or what useless swinging for the fences is.

it was imad wasim as well

and shadab was in top form then 

Entertaining or not how does that matter....we neways cudnt have won the game 

Kapil Dev’s 175 is called standing up. A fluke cameo is not. 

Courtney Browne and some other tailender standing up and winning the game against England in CT 2004 is called standing up.

England tailenders playing 2 nervous sessions against SA to draw a test is standing up. 

Ajay Jadeja and Kumble in 1996 qf is standing up

Today Jadeja’s knock is standing up as he got the job done, played smart cricket.

so ur saying he wud have chased 300+ alone

when has that happened before ?? even if he had scored 175 we still wudnt have won

Yasir Shah’s 100 in Australia was not standing up. Had he batted for 4days and helped Pak draw that would be standing up. 

Sehwag scored an entertaining 50 vs  England in the disastrous 2011 tour. That was a bad knock in my opinion as he should have played on.

Hope you see the distinction 

So ur equating standing up with winning games

No one player wins u games ....u need other to hep as well 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it was imad wasim as well

and shadab was in top form then 

Entertaining or not how does that matter....we neways cudnt have won the game 

so ur saying he wud have chased 300+ alone

when has that happened before ?? even if he had scored 175 we still wudnt have won

So ur equating standing up with winning games

No one player wins u games ....u need other to hep as well 

Are you thick in the head?  how am I not able to get through to you

You can clearly tell if someone has a plan,calculation, method and goal of what they are trying  to do or trying to achieve or simply winging it and seeing where it takes them.

As I said Rahul Dravid in the same series stood up but not Sehwag. It’s different if he is having a bad form but when you get a 50 you need to cash in. That’s the point I am making 

Just now, maniac said:

Are you thick in the head?  how am I not able to get through to you

How will u to anyone 

Asking one batsman alone to win u totl of 340 ...when have u seen that cricket

Ur saying 15 runs in better then 76 n askinge me to take u srsly

Just now, maniac said:

You can clearly tell if someone has a plan,calculation, method and goal of what they are trying  to do or trying to achieve or simply winging it and seeing where it takes them.

Method ?? What method was missing in jaddu or pandya innings

Just now, maniac said:

As I said Rahul Dravid in the same series stood up but not Sehwag. It’s different if he is having a bad form but when you get a 50 you need to cash in. That’s the point I am making 

Stop playing video games

Only in video games one player can win u games

If other didnt contribute that cant be taken away from pandya or jadeja.

Even in kaif yuvi partnership botj stood up

When pandy stood up in chennai during our collapse he had dhoni on other end.

Finishing games is not easy thats why when its talked only few names come up

How will u to anyone 

Asking one batsman alone to win u totl of 340 ...when have u seen that cricket

Ur saying 15 runs in better then 76 n askinge me to take u srsly

Method ?? What method was missing in jaddu or pandya innings

Stop playing video games

Only in video games one player can win u games

If other didnt contribute that cant be taken away from pandya or jadeja.

Even in kaif yuvi partnership botj stood up

When pandy stood up in chennai during our collapse he had dhoni on other end.

Finishing games is not easy thats why when its talked only few names come up

source.gif

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pressure situation, finished the job, played calculated shots and not pure slogs.

this is why no one takes u srsly

pak made 338

WI made 315

diff is 23 runs....shardul didnt even make 10

When pandya came to bat that day india was 76/6.....add 15 x 10 times of shardul and indian will still not win that games

shardul came 286/6

are u comparing 286/6 to 76/6......teri foolishness ko 21 toppo ki saalami

Top 3 today - 63+77+ 85

top 3 that day 0 + 21 + 5

srsly stop touting ur IQ if u come with this example 

this is why no one takes u srsly

pak made 338

WI made 315

diff is 23 runs....shardul didnt even make 10

When pandya came to bat that day india was 76/6.....add 15 x 10 times of shardul and indian will still not win that games

shardul came 286/6

are u comparing 286/6 to 76/6......teri foolishness ko 21 toppo ki saalami

Top 3 today - 63+77+ 85

top 3 that day 0 + 21 + 5

srsly stop touting ur IQ if u come with this example 

I have a lot more credibility when it comes to analyzing cricket than you ever have. The problem is you are never  flexible and are stubborn  in your opinions.

Pandya’s inning was entertaining but it wasn’t the greatest thing since slicebread like you keep making it out to be. Those kind of innings are dime a dozen where someone just came off for a brief moment but it didn’t threaten the result of the match any time. You probably started watching cricket from 2011 onwards and that too t20 and the odd odi but if you follow all formats of the game there are 1000s of such innings by mediocre cricketers.

I gave Thakurs knock as an example of something that is a meaningful innings . Pandyas knock was not. Are you seriously displaying elementary math  to disprove that  :laugh:. Seriously moronic

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

I have a lot more credibility when it comes to analyzing cricket than you ever have. The problem is you are never  flexible and are stubborn  in your opinions.

Pandya’s inning was entertaining but it wasn’t the greatest thing since slicebread like you keep making it out to be. Those kind of innings are dime a dozen where someone just came off for a brief moment but it didn’t threaten the result of the match any time. You probably started watching cricket from 2011 onwards and that too t20 and the odd odi but if you follow all formats of the game there are 1000s of such innings by mediocre cricketers.

I gave Thakurs knock as an example of something that is a meaningful innings . Pandyas knock was not. Are you seriously displaying elementary math  to disprove that  :laugh:. Seriously moronic

No one called his innings greatest of all....but we dont demean by calling it fluke.

Thats cricket at the end other 10 men can make good performance meaningless.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Kohli plays on

Uncle to the rescue?

If Pant is criticized so much for a played on , then Virat should also be . Today's shot of Pant wasn'ta blind shot. Bit unlucky . 

But his keeping to spinners was piss poor .

Needs to much better , if keeping gets bad , not much room for him . 

May be work for 6 months and then come back better 

On 12/22/2019 at 10:39 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

If Pant is criticized so much for a played on , then Virat should also be . Today's shot of Pant wasn'ta blind shot. Bit unlucky . 

But his keeping to spinners was piss poor .

Needs to much better , if keeping gets bad , not much room for him . 

May be work for 6 months and then come back better 

Not to nitpick but he played that shot with a diagonal bat - not vertical not horizontal. Its great if it comes through in ODI cricket but it is not purely due to being unlucky if you get bowled or caught behind the wicket playing that shot. Rahul also played an irresponsible and lazy shot to get out. He had played a similar shot and it also went off the glove to the fine leg boundary. He should have learnt after that shot. This is what great players do.

With Kohli, Im willing to give him a pass with his wonderful chase record that he has got. I'm his biggest critic but also admire his batting skills. Rohit also gets a pass because that's how he plays. He has scored a lot of runs playing that way but it also gets him out. Both Iyer and Pant dismissals could be avoided if they had some time in the middle which is what Jaddu did. But I would keep them in the playing 11 to make them used to such situations. But I would drop Jadhav immediately. He has no business being in the squad. Dude is not a power hitter and he couldn't even hang with Kohli for a while and made his job easier.

Pant's keeping is a work in progress. He does bring some chirping to keep the fielding active. Anyway we have other options as well. Samson and even Rahul could keep.