Ind vs NZ 3rd ODI, Mount Maunganui

ssurenn

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

India beat hockey world #1 and WC champs Belgium in a high quality match (FIH pro league). This after we beat the Dutch twice. Beating Belgium was special, an ATG team playing at full strength. Before the match I was worrying about margin of defeat. Next match we lost 2-3 but fought hard. Cheer up. 

Its hockey!! No one cares about hockey.

And its Belgium. Dadar station on a working day has more people than Belgium. 

Scant consolation.

16 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Its hockey!! No one cares about hockey.

And its Belgium. Dadar station on a working day has more people than Belgium. 

Scant consolation.

Our national sport :whack2:

You should give it a try, gets over quicker than a T20 innings. Fast paced, crazy skills, incredible athleticism, always something happening unlike football, variety of teams and playing styles, India is a good team and brings unique skill-set to the table. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Our national sport :whack2:

You should give it a try, gets over quicker than a T20 innings. Fast paced, crazy skills, incredible athleticism, always something happening unlike football, variety of teams and playing styles, India is a good team and brings unique skill-set to the table. 

Different discussion, but I have never seen anyone play hockey in any of the places I've been to in India.

Even in films, apart from Chak de India!, which is an amazing movie, the only other remote connection to hockey is when goons pick up hockey sticks to partake in a free for all.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Different discussion, but I have never seen anyone play hockey in any of the places I've been to in India.

Even in films, apart from Chak de India!, which is an amazing movie, the only other remote connection to hockey is when goons pick up hockey sticks to partake in a free for all.

Not even in Uni? Come on, don't most colleges have hockey teams? Even in Bambiland.... 

Edited by Gollum
12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not even in Uni? Come on, don't most colleges have hockey teams? Even in Bambiland.... 

Now that you mention it, there is a hockey facility very close to the Wankhede. Lekin wahan shadiyan hoti hain. 

They lease the property for functions.

Edited by Mariyam